It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Son Of Orioles Owner Peter Angelos Tweets Perspective On Freddie Gray Protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...< br />

Brett, speaking only for myself, I agree with your point that the principle of peaceful, non-violent protest and the observance of the rule of law is of utmost importance in any society. MLK, Gandhi, Mandela and all great opposition leaders throughout history have always preached this precept. Further, it is critical that in any democracy, investigation must be completed and due process must be honored before any government or police members are judged responsible.

That said, my greater source of personal concern, outrage and sympathy beyond this particular case is focused neither upon one night’s property damage nor upon the acts, but is focused rather upon the past four-decade period during which an American political elite have shipped middle class and working class jobs away from Baltimore and cities and towns around the U.S. to third-world dictatorships like China and others, plunged tens of millions of good, hard-working Americans into economic devastation, and then followed that action around the nation by diminishing every American’s civil rights protections in order to control an unfairly impoverished population living under an ever-declining standard of living and suffering at the butt end of an ever-more militarized and aggressive surveillance state.

The innocent working families of all backgrounds whose lives and dreams have been cut short by excessive violence, surveillance, and other abuses of the Bill of Rights by government pay the true price, and ultimate price, and one that far exceeds the importances of any kids’ game played tonight, or ever, at Camden Yards. We need to keep in mind people are suffering and dying around the U.S., and while we are thankful no one was injured at Camden Yards, there is a far bigger picture for poor Americans in Baltimore and everywhere who don’t have jobs and are losing economic civil and legal rights, and this makes inconvenience at a ballgame irrelevant in light of the needless suffering government is inflicting upon ordinary Americans.

I don't know if this was already posted. I couldn't find it, at least. I found this a very interesting opinion from someone who is near the top of the pyramid. I think many, including myself, expect those with money and power, prestige, all that stuff, to no have a clue about the real world. I guess not all of them. NIce to see someone "up there" speaking with some semblance of sense. How many people are listening, I don't know. How many of those who listened actually hear what he is saying is probably less, but it's another small step. At least he's willing to start a conversation many would most likely rather ignore.

Looks like John P. Angelos would fit in real well on ATS.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Just wondering which search words or phrases you used? A search for John Angelos, the pretty obvious search phrase. brought up a thread already a few pages long.

Do you always believe people who tell you what you want to hear? Everyone can talk #. You can tell the nature of a tree by the fruit it bears.

I have a job. Millions of people are hired and fired every single day. Theres no conspiracy to keep liberals down and out. Some people are more valuable than others. Freedom supposes success and failure.

Can you see how each of my above topics relate?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jemolombo

Do you always believe people who tell you what you want to hear? Everyone can talk #. You can tell the nature of a tree by the fruit it bears.

Awesome, so since you were just disparaging the man I am sure you have sources to back up his fruit is rotten right?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

LOL Thanks for the back up. I figured it would be best to ignore a fool as winning that battle of wits is too easy. Plus, he's a newbie and doesn't know the search engine is not good, at the very least, so why even bother?

Anyway, whatever. I thought it was cool, posted it, whatever happens, happens.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Personally, I agree with the guy.

But this...

I agree with your point that the principle of peaceful, non-violent protest and the observance of the rule of law is of utmost importance in any society. MLK, Gandhi, Mandela and all great opposition leaders throughout history have always preached this precept.

Who told this guy that? Mandela (and Gandhi, btw) never preached "non-violence" at all costs. It's simply not true. Someone has lied to this guy.

top topics

join