It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latin American organizations campaign to ban Monsanto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
On the title, as far as I'm concerned, amen to that.
I'm pretty sick and tired debating this manifestation of evil, so I wont. You guys have fun. I'm just putting it up for information sake.

Over 30,000 doctors and health professionals in Argentina are the latest to add their voice to the fight against Monsanto, asking the federal government to ban its products after recent studies found they may contain carcinogens, press reports stated Tuesday.

The demands come after the World Health Organization (WHO) released a report last month with the findings that glyphosate, the active chemical in Monsanto product Roundup, “probably causes cancer.”

According to Argentina's union of medical professionals, Fesprosa, glyphosate, “not only causes cancer. It is also associated with increased spontaneous abortions, birth defects, skin diseases, and respiratory and neurological disease.”

...30,000 are obviously wrong....and should be stripped of their MD titles. Monsanto knows best. They did their research. It came up null and void on the harmless effects.

We cannot allow the business interests of a North American multinational to be more important than the health of the people of our region. Governments should promote the technology and practices of organic farming to protect growers, consumers and the environment,” said Franco Segesso, coordinator of the campaign at Greenpeace Andino.

I recently moved to the countryside and am growing my own fruits and vegetables...completely pesticide free. I guess it's the only way I can individually fight this madness.

Though I wholeheartedly support this ban...I doubt it will succeed in the end.

Article link

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly
30,000 health care proffesionals against the wisdom of lots of money?

I understand the need to research gm, but its still in its infancy, and should remain within laboritories for at least another 100 years. To set it loose on the world like they have done should be considered criminal, and all those involved should be standing in a court room.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Vamos amigos !

Great news. Big pelotas.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

and all those involved should be standing in a court room.

yeah...the older I get the more I'm aware...court rooms are for cattle. The fact that things get "settled out of court"...even if there is a crime involved...is a sad indicator that we do not care about justice and truth. Those are ideals long forgotten.

It is more important to keep the big machine going...no cost is too great. In the US...you guys even have a term for that..."too big to fail".

It sickens me to the core.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I'm happy for them. Lets hope they get it banned!

It seems like the people have awoken to Monsanto.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

It's nothing to do with GM crops.

Nor is it to do with monsanto.. (Directly)

They want to ban the use of glyphosate, apparently it's usage has increased 858% in Argentina.

I've said it several times in several threads that it's not monsanto's fault, or any other maker of glyphosate, it's the farmers over reliance of it that is the problem here.

Monsanto is such an easy target, the real issue is getting overlooked.

edit on 30/4/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

yes...you are right. Monsanto is innocent...farmers are guilty. Making and selling poison is ok....it's those that buy it are the devil.

Same logic should also be applied to drug dealers. They are innocent..the hammer should go down on the junkies that became addicted to it.

Here...have a glass of roundup juice. Enjoy.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I am right actually, you just can't see it because you lack objectivity.

Do some proper research without bias and you may surprise yourself, but I'm doubtful.

"Monsanto is evil! Derp!"

Here, I'll give you a head start..

germination.ca...

edit on 30/4/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

I am right actually, you just can't see it because you lack objectivity.

Do some proper research without bias and you may surprise yourself, but I'm doubtful.

"Monsanto is evil! Derp!"

Here, I'll give you a head start..

germination.ca...

I hardly think a site supporting Monsanto is research.

try this one...

www.scientificamerican.com...

heres another...

www.globalresearch.ca...

and...

permaculturenews.org...

I smell an agenda!
edit on 30-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

so WHO is also biased for claiming that roundup "probably" causes cancer ?

probably
[prob-uh-blee]
IPA Syllables
Examples Word Origin
adverb
in all likelihood; very likely:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Yeah, the report says it probably causes cancer in workers who handle glyphosate in commercial amounts on a daily basis.

Are they handling it properly?

Do they cancel spraying on windy days?

Mismanagement of glyphosate is the problem here, and blind people just looking for an easy target.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Hi we're Monsanto we just made this
abhorrent evil chemical to help you.
Soon our models show you will be completely dependent on it
to grow food...However... don't drop it, eat it,drink it,
breathe it or let it into groundwater.
Obviously the only other alternative is that
we don't make the chemical .
But then stupid unreliable low yield Nature takes back over.
Enjoy and you're welcome !

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Bok, from Croatia.

Finally some organization that ahve balls to fight this evil money machine. They dont care about nature, they dont care about farmers and food. All they want is money.

If there will be revolution anytime soon, they heads will be cut or we will burn them on sticks.

But let me say i m not against GMO. But the way this company is handling problems and it is visible from the sky what is their moto (money). Then GMO science is on really bad path and it could cost us alot. You would expect high dose of professionalism and high dose of security and no way near will money be a moto to a company that is doing GMO. Thing that cost us mother earth. But no, those cowboys over there in USA want to earn b ig bucks fast and they dont care about the end cost.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

It's nothing to do with GM crops.

Nor is it to do with monsanto.. (Directly)

They want to ban the use of glyphosate, apparently it's usage has increased 858% in Argentina.

I've said it several times in several threads that it's not monsanto's fault, or any other maker of glyphosate, it's the farmers over reliance of it that is the problem here.

Monsanto is such an easy target, the real issue is getting overlooked.

You are correct that farmers are applying more glyphosate, but do you know why?
Just yesterday RT were interviewing american farmers about their use of gm crops along with glyphosate.
The farmers were angry. They said the first year was great, good harvest and few weeds, the following year more weeds and less crop, the third year massive weed growth, more than they've ever seen, and when they asked monsanto what to do about it they said "Use more glyphosate", but it didn't work, the weeds remained!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Some weeds are building a resitance to glyphosate, this we know.
Too many farmers rely too heavily on glyphosate, this we know too.

Can you post up this article?

I'm not doubting it, as of course a company with questionable morals would encourage farmers to continue using its product.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
You can see what countries are still free by who challenges the corporations. Obviously, Monsanto should be the poster-child for an 'evil corporation'. Good for Latin America.
edit on 2015/4/30 by Metallicus because: sp

top topics

join