It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland Repeals Law Allowing Spaniards To Be Killed On Sight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The advanced society of Iceland was advanced way back when too !!

Apparently they had a law that said it was OK to kill Spaniards.

And it happened in the year 1615.

Iceland Repeals Law Allowing Spaniards To Be Killed On Sight

They must have heard about Columbus !! Wonder what they were foreseeing?

For the last four centuries people hailing from the Basque Country could have been legally hunted down and killed had they dared to step foot in Iceland.

But last week, authorities finally repealed an order issued 400 years ago that led to the massacre of 32 Basque whalers.

It came about after three Basque whaling vessels entered a fjord in Iceland during the summer of 1615 after reaching an agreement with the Icelanders.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I wish it were legal to hunt down & kill pretentious bigots.

Ah but to dream...

link   
that's amazing !!
Iceland's highway department checks
in with mediums to make sure it's ok to pave a road
through known Elve and faerie lands.

link   

What happened did they finish them all off ?

edit on 30-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I hated my mothers Cocker Spanial. I know it is off topic, but I wish I could have shot that mutt more than a few times. It chewed everything and there was so much drool. The shooting of Spaniards reminded me of this.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

A beautiful example of priorities.

You see, Hordur Torfason jailed all of the Banksters and Politicians first then re-wrote the constitution with the populace at the forefront of all decisions.

Then dealt with those pesky Spaniards [wink]

Very good, carry on........

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I guess I can cancel my plane tickets now....

Anybody wanna buy some ammo?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I wonder what would have happened to anyone killing a Spaniard in modern times . Be a very interesting court case .

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Not so odd if u think about it, around those times Rhomanies (gypsies) were hunted like animals in many european countries, religions declared them as witches, demons, vampires, werewolfs and so on. Also Rhomanies were hold as slaves in european countries around those times all the way to 1860, it was 500 something years of slavery.

Also Africans were considered as lower humankind or something and taken as slaves, in fact i read somewhere that Rhomanies and Africans were in the same ships going to build new land now know as America.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
What an insult....

Basques do not consider themselves Spaniards

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
There is a lot of dumb laws on the books in many countries. Sounds like the Icelanders are just streamlining their form of govt remove the stupid and keep that which has value. Go Iceland first off they cleaned house in their banking industry and now they are cleaning house in government. Once again woo hoo , go Iceland, that's how to lead.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
There is a lot of dumb laws on the books in many countries. Sounds like the Icelanders are just streamlining their form of govt remove the stupid and keep that which has value. Go Iceland first off they cleaned house in their banking industry and now they are cleaning house in government. Once again woo hoo , go Iceland, that's how to lead.

Exactly. Every country has them, Europeans have more than most as their countrie are older. From memory, differing US states have some pretty bizarre ones too and the US is only a newbie!

We have local bylaws here in the UK too. In my home town, for example, they never repealed the law allowing you to stone Catholics on a patch of local ground - this could have been awkward for the local Catholic school! They also never repealed the law allowing us to shoot Scotsmen, providing it was from the Bar Walls (city walls) and you were using a bow and arrow.

Funnily enough though, no one ever tried!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: FaceMyBook

I wish it were legal to hunt down & kill pretentious bigots.

Ah but to dream...

Careful, "pretentious bigots" could easily mean just about everybody.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Did they need a hunter's license or was it an automatic 'gimmee'? Bjork could have had a few scalps for her next album cover.

new topics

top topics

join