It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man accused of stabbing Houston Community College officer 14 times... because "cops are oppressive.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Prosecutors said a 24-year-old police woman was stabbed a total of 14 times by a man who allegedly told investigators he was out to kill the police officer because "cops are oppressive."

Houston homicide investigators said Jeremiah M. Matthews, 23, tried to kill an off-duty Houston Community College Officer Aprils Pikes early Tuesday morning while she was working as a security guard at a Meyerland Walmart store.

During a magistrate's hearing Tuesday night, prosecutors said, "The defendant gave a statement admitting he had the intent to attack a police officer and his desire to kill a police officer."

Man accused of stabbing Houston Community College officer 14 times

If this has already been posted, I couldn't find it and I'm surprised it's not on ATS.

So this guy stabbed a female campus officer 14 times in "retaliation for police brutality."

My personal opinion is that her blood is on the hands of the media.
edit on 4/29/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/29/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'm skeptical about the wording of this. The title of this story says accused, but in the actual story it didn't seem so. Whether this happened or not read the comments on the page. Already smells of phish(fish) bait. Those who are biting are not taking the logic into consideration and are already acting out. Lets see where this goes...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS
I'm skeptical about the wording of this. The title of this story says accused, but in the actual story it didn't seem so. Whether this happened or not read the comments on the page. Already smells of phish(fish) bait. Those who are biting are not taking the logic into consideration and are already acting out. Lets see where this goes...

Innocent until proven guilty. The stories always say "accused" or "allegedly" even if the suspect was pulled off of the victim by bystanders... like this one was.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

So this guy stabbed a female campus officer 14 times in "retaliation for police brutality."

I got stabbed once (yeah ... I was kinda asking for it). To say, "It really sucks." would be an understatement. Gettin' stuck 14 times? That's gonna leave a mark!!

When the cops go 'full force' on the thugs in the future, it's gonna be hard not understanding why.

Answer: The reason I responded in your thread is because I can't agree with you entirely on the media thingy. I might think I know where you're going, but I'm curious why you're giving the perp any kind of pass here.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Until then. People shouldn't be overly excited then right? You said it innocent until proven guilty. Seems like comments people are making are forgetting, and jumping to conclusions. I believe some people need to refrain from posting for they are making it obvious that ignorance is among us. Good post though, would like to see where this goes.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I got stabbed once (yeah ... I was kinda asking for it). To say, "It really sucks." would be an understatement. Gettin' stuck 14 times? That's gonna leave a mark!!

When the cops go 'full force' on the thugs in the future, it's gonna be hard not understanding why.

Answer: The reason I responded in your thread is because I can't agree with you entirely on the media thingy. I might think I know where you're going, but I'm curious why you're giving the perp any kind of pass here.

I'm definitely not giving captain stabby any kind of pass. I'm saying that the media is inspiring a lot of rage because of the way they "report" the recent incidents involving police.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS

Until then. People shouldn't be overly excited then right? You said it innocent until proven guilty. Seems like comments people are making are forgetting, and jumping to conclusions. I believe some people need to refrain from posting for they are making it obvious that ignorance is among us. Good post though, would like to see where this goes.

The gentleman stabbed her 14 times and was stopped by several shoppers/bystanders. He already confessed to wanting to kill a police officer.

I'd hardly say anyone is "jumping to conclusions" by assuming his guilt.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
For all the times people just stand by and not intervene in situations (or worse) using their phones to video it - in this case people acted. Thankfully, there are still people out there willing to act.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Which is why this story caught me. For all that has been going on outside of Houston, this happened in Houston. Seemed like the threat of attacking police officers jumped a time zone within 24 hrs. So what was said over there, happened over here.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I feel the same way. On you CNN. One day a cop is going to pull someone over for a traffic violation and get shot in the face, and the person will say they were afraid they were going to be killed, simply because they were being pulled over by a cop. It disgusts me that only the horrible things some cops do are being played on the news every single day. Is it what they want? A wave of cop murders so they can get all excited and have something 'juicy' to report on?

For every one of these horrible stories, they should counter it with one showing what law enforcement does on the other side of the coin, in terms of SAVING LIVES, not taking them.
And I've noticed now the commentators have started saying to one another "good journalism!", which is such a freakin' joke. Journalism my foot. They are propagandists and entertainment show hosts. Don't know journalism from Sasquatch.

eta: I know this sounds like a rant, but it's been bugging me for weeks now, so I guess I have vented a bit. And like putting the riots on TV for 24-7. And they don't think that made the riots in Ferguson worse? And they were slobbering over the riot in Baltimore. They couldn't conceal their joy! Sickening.
edit on 4/29/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I'm definitely not giving captain stabby any kind of pass. I'm saying that the media is inspiring a lot of rage because of the way they "report" the recent incidents involving police.

I liked ladyinwaiting's in-thread perspective. I guess there's some blame to be shared when you walk around it and take a good hard look.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Stabbing a cop to protest police brutality is like a vegan eating a steak to protest animal cruelty.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Ok...

So out of randomness this individual just decided to stab an officer? No it wasn't out of randomness. It was what this individual heard through social media...This individual was planted with a misconstrued idea and took the wrong path on doing so. You have to take the other things into consideration that led up to this, and not assume this is what only happened because of this, it was tied into what was said that led up to that.

And why is it when these story come about a mental illness issue is a factor? Seriously is this the best jargon the MSM could come up with. Stay tuned for the next prologue.
edit on 29-4-2015 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Stabbing a cop to protest police brutality is like a vegan eating a steak to protest animal cruelty.

Well yeah. People are crazy! And when you feed that craziness, it only makes them more crazy.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Honestly it seems to me that social media is making people crazy. Its like that voice you hear or see that tells you to do harm upon others. It is sad that we are nothing but puppets in this world.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The judge is going to hit him hard.
He will do long, hard time.
He will be treated with a lot more respect in the big house than a rapist or child abuser.
edit on 29-4-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yeah, oppressive.
Because they stop you from shoplifting.
Rot in jail. Or under it would be better.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
i think most people can see that the media is nothing but lies/propaganda. the only "cop" that deseves to be stabbed is the criminal with a badge that has immunity from the courts, and will never be fired, let alone put in prison. how long do you think a criminal cop thrown in prison would last? in my opinion, vigilante justice does have it's place. when you put your life/freedom in danger by telling their buddies down at the station, and they come after you simply for trying to do what is right, you are justified.
edit on 29-4-2015 by fixitwcw because: typo

top topics

join