It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activist smacks down Wolf Blitzer: ‘Are broken windows worse than broken spines’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I see you left out where he was in possession and selling narcotics as well

Let's be honest here and not cherry pick

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Can you point me to where it's been reported or verified what he was selling exactly. I know plenty of dealers that sell more than one product…ya know being that it's more profitable to cover all your customers needs rather than just one. I personally don't know the guy and I can only speak about the character he has shown to the public. That is in the form of a long history of trouble with the law…I'm pretty sure his record, if the pic of his rap sheet is correct, is more than 3 measly charges for pot, second degree assault, and gambling. Now if we look at those charges together what type of person does that appear to be to you. I guess if you don't like others to assume you to be a thug/criminal it's probably best to not break the law numerous times and still not learn your lesson.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanZombie

You know why they assume…cause in their own minds the already equate that type of culture with that community. Wonder why that is???
edit on 29-4-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The tree of liberty also must be watered occasionally with the blood of criminals.

This guy didn't deserve to die, but I don't believe he was killed either.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Lgbtlivesmatter

For example, CNN obtained court documents showing more than 20 criminal court cases in Maryland against Gray; the Baltimore Sun combed through Gray's arrest record and determined that most of his arrests were for possession of or intent to sell marijuana; and the Associated Press concluded that Gray had been "in and out of prison for several drug convictions in Baltimore" since 2008.
Read more at www.snopes.com...

Let's see your proof for conviction for narcotics possession.

link   

originally posted by: abe froman

The tree of liberty also must be watered occasionally with the blood of criminals.

I'm pretty sure that's not how that goes.

link   

Oh well, "Watering the Tree of Liberty with Blood of Patriots", and all that. right?

So patriots destroy their fellow patriots. Great revolution. Expect defeat.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanZombie
Wow!

Great way to take a positive comment and twist it into something ugly.

I merely meant to say that in my opinion, the good people of Baltimore are showing that they are head and shoulders above what we saw/have seen in the other places you mentioned.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

This guy didn't deserve to die, but I don't believe he was killed either.

If he wasn't "killed" how did he wind going from healthy enough to run from the cops, to dying from a severed spine that he sustained while in police custody, while medical aide was being withheld? Suicide?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

what if i said what is good for the protester is also good for the cop?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

That's why I didn't put it in quotation marks.

The tree of liberty also finds itself watered with the blood of innocents as well.

Free hugs.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This young man has fallen for a trap.

It’s easy to just condemn violence without an attitude and then proceed to make your case

This guy, imo, is either stupid or a plant to discredit the movement.

It’s easy to just say the words

WE CONDEMN RIOTING AND VIOLENCE

And then make the case of massive police brutality in the country

These people defending rioting by worrying about people who call rioters thugs are full of crap

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

I would see your point of view.

link   
a reply to: Willtell

DING DING DING!

link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Daedal

Hehe. I saw this interview earlier. The guy nailed it! Right to the point. Windows can be replaced, lives taken in unjust police brutality can't be.

Will you care if someone destroys your house because there are injustices in the world?

I would care. And I would be angry. At the police.

When there are great injustices and a reaction to that injustice resulting in collateral damage... who's fault is it? The ones who caused the injustice or the ones angry about it?

The people looting and breaking crap need to go to jail like anybody else but so do the people responsible for causing the riot in the first place.

You can't kill an unarmed person, not be indicted, and then arrest the victim's friends for getting pissed off about you getting a paid vacation. This is far too often how this plays out and it's not justice.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

When there are great injustices and a reaction to that injustice resulting in collateral damage... who's fault is it? The ones who caused the injustice or the ones angry about it?

The people looting and breaking crap need to go to jail like anybody else but so do the people responsible for causing the riot in the first place.

I agree there are two guilty parties. People should be focusing on the police and government. Destroying the neighbor does nothing and is going in reverse.

Of course the police are happy the focus is on a store and not them, I would think.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

The problem is "these people" were not grieving! These people were using the incident with Freddie Gray to fill their pockets by looting stores, bullying innocent people and attacking white police officers. These people were not directly related to Freddie Gray, so they can't claim they did this out of grieving.

Again, this is just another person trying to justify ignorance. Not every police officer on the force was involved in the Freddie Gray incident. These protesters are angry because they're saying police are stereotyping them as being violent, but are they not doing the same thing when they attack innocent white police officers?

They're only enforcing the violent stereotyping by engaging in violent protests. Nothing like giving the police more ammunition and having them say, "see I told you so".

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

He wasn't smacked down at all. The guy just sounded like an idiot.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

There are 10's of thousands of peaceful protesters, and a small percentage are looting and committing criminal acts. Just look at the media, you don't see them showing the streets being cleaned or the thousands gathering to protest peacefully.

Instead they are fueling the sentiment and stereotyping that has been par for the course, and stained our society and helped propagate the injustices and racist laws being actually protested against.

Consider this:

1. Twenty years of FBI hair analysis flawed.

2. Civil forfeiture

3. Criminalization of the homeless.

4. Militaristic police

Need I go on....They've built this empire on extortion and corrupt practices. Ill begotten gains by continually robbing and pillaging the poor, manufacturing evidence, seizing legal funds. It's BS...

My advice, stop feeding the machine.

edit on 29-4-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I Love Your Post Cuervo!! It's Perfect for this scenario...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join