It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did prophet Muhammed (pbuh) marry Aisha at such young age (9)?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: [post=19291455]

We are talking about the man you call "The one to be emulated". Do you emulate him?

It isn't about other religions, it is about the man you are told to emulate.

I am not a Muslim, I am not a Catholic, I am not a Jew (though for some reason people here have accused me of it on several occasions) I am not Shinto,Hindu,Buddhist,Sikh, or Voodooist.

ALL men are weak and have failings, I would never emulate a man, I would emulate the good qualities I have seen displayed by many.... if I was a follower.

All of your religions are equally stupid.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
They all follow the Quran in no particular order...

You mean the Quran follows them in no particular order.

(the Gospel came after the Tanakh, and the Quran came after the Gospel)

I understand what you're saying though.
edit on 4/29/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
"pbuh"? ROFL

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's very much debated still...

It's why I usually dodge the topic.

But I saw a lot of certainty in a few members asseverations that made me consider sharing an alternate POV.

Side note: this is the subject I studied the most before converting for obvious reasons...

I saw no problem converting once I'd done enough digging into this "truth".

To each their own though.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

And then why are you blaming Islam and the Prophet if such men in the middle east are deliberately doing the wrong thing, and ignoring the correct guidance?

If they are doing it wrong, go and raise it up with them. It's actually really easy! Take the information and interpretations of Quran and the Hadeeth's and give those men your two cents.

I have set the record straight with regards to the Prophet and Aisha.

Don't blame millions of people for the actions of a few stupid men.
edit on 29-4-2015 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Numbers are indeed often symbolic and traditional in ancient writing, it's just another form of Eliade's Eternal Return.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Good, let the wittiness flow through you.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
ALL men are weak and have failings, I would never emulate a man, I would emulate the good qualities I have seen displayed by many.... if I was a follower.

All of your religions are equally stupid.

I would; I'd try to emulate Jesus Christ.

Only because he was morally infallible.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: skalla
a reply to: windword

I'm not so interested in the whole hoo-ha about Jesus and Mo and would just bog the thread down if i went into my thoughts on it, just providing a historic/archaeological perspective

Yeah well, these so called Holy Scriptures, seem to take a lot of liberties with age numbers. I wonder if these numbers are more symbolic than literal. What does the number 9 symbolize, as in Aisha the 9 year old bride and Joseph the 90 year old husband?

That was funny.

It's because the rest of the world caught on to it, funny thing, they were commanded to accept the Hadiths, then when the rest of the world finds out about it, suddenly they are saying the Hadiths aren't really real..except in the mosques.

From the biggest Islamic proselytizing website Islamicity that claims the most converts....

By Sheikh Ahmad Kutty islamonline.net...#** - ** March 30, 2005 Hadith is integral to the Qur’an, since they are inseparably linked to each other. It is impossible to understand the Qur’an without reference to Hadith. The Qur’an is the message, and the Hadith is the explanation of the message by the Messenger himself. I mention the following points to clarify the issue:

There is no explanation of Quran without Hadith, even their Sharia law is based on Hadith explained Quran. That person who wrote this is a sheik, so I assume he knows quite a bit about Islam.

The only reason the newer converts don't know about Hadith is because they don't want the rest of us to know what kind of guy Mohammed really was. These apologists for Islam are arguing because they don't want you to know either, so it is taqqiyah..lying for Islam, which they are permitted to do. And then commit taqqiyah when telling you they aren't.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's very much debated still...

It's why I usually dodge the topic.

But I saw a lot of certainty in a few members asseverations that made me consider sharing an alternate POV.

Side note: this is the subject I studied the most before converting for obvious reasons...

I saw no problem converting once I'd done enough digging into this "truth".

To each their own though.

I knew you were a convert.

So what did they tell you about following Hadith? You aren't really a Muslim if you don't. I suggest you go to Mecca and tell them there that it is not important to know or read Hadith.

Go ahead, go to Mecca and show them. See how far you get.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Don't ever be afraid to deny ignorance. It's a fair point. I admit that my knowledge of the Muslim religion is lacking and I just learned some new info about it today.

Though, my biggest problem with Muhammad has always been that he was a warlord spreading his religion through violence and not peaceful means. I feel it is no different than Christians doing the same in the New World. The pedophilia point was always kind of a moot point since that was just how things were usually done in those times. That's why I brought up Joseph and Mary (who actually lived centuries BEFORE Muhammad did).
edit on 29-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

I'm a Quranist.

Don't need the Hadith.

Said it to many Muslims.

& logically, I always win with this verse...

Surah 6 Ayat 115
The Word of your Lord is perfect in truth & justice.
None is there to change His Words...
& He is all hearing, all knowing.

The Quran is the Word...
The Hadith are not.

You're debating with the wrong convert, I'm not a fool.

Btw, Sheihks can have an agenda...

& you misrepresented what Taqiyya is...

Again.
edit on 29-4-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Duhhh

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Case in point:

In the West, if you want to get laid, just give her a bud light:

Over there, you're not allowed to drink beer, so if you want to get laid, you need to have an arranged marriage with a 9 year old and (hopefully) wait at least 5 or more years to consummate.

Any questions?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
We already know that the enemy manipulates and distorts history and just about everything else to fit his agenda, and that is to deceive. And I know One thing, you can say what you wish but at the end of the day YOU are going to have to submit to Allah, or you can just say your final goodbyes. Stop playing, the world already knows this.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The reason why it was okay to marry a 9 year old was because life expectancy at the time was probably 13.

(post by haman10 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

And the difference is this.. Jews and Christians are never permitted to lie. There may be some that do, but we are never, ever, ever, ever to lie about our religion or our faith, even when we are faced with death.

Stephen was stoned because he would never recant.

For a Christian to lie, that is against everything we have been taught. Others might but they get caught on it and other Christians challenge them in it. We do not accept lying for our religion as honorable or justifiable.

That's why you see so many Christians arguing, because we want to make sure that we are not lying about our religion. We might see things differently, but we challenge each other on that. We even allow you the right to challenge us. We argue, but never would I ever lie to you about my religion.

That is just wrong and disrespectful to you as a human who is asking questions. Even in your criticism of us, even then I cannot lie to you. Even if you disagreed heartily with my religion, I cannot ever lie to you.

God forbid that I should ever think of lying to anyone about my faith. Even in your criticism of my religion, I can learn why there are things that can be fixed. But I simply cannot and will not ever lie to you just to get you on my side. I would rather you not to be a believer and question mine, than lie to you just to get you on my side.

You have that right to not believe. You have that right to challenge my religion. Islam does not afford that right. And in no way can I ever take away from you your right to not believe.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
The reason why it was okay to marry a 9 year old was because life expectancy at the time was probably 13.
35 to be exact .

famine pestilence war and death were common things

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Did you say it in Mecca?

Please, please go to Mecca and say it. I want to see a video of you doing so. I want to see you in Mecca saying to the imams that they don't need Hadith.

Can you do that on your next pilgrimage? You might say you are Quran only, but you can never say that in Mecca or Medina for that matter.

And what did those other Muslims say to you? Are you an imam? Are you a scholar? Or are you just a guy trying to reconcile your religion without the texts of your religion because you find Hadiths repulsive?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well, I watched to video on the OP.

Muhammad married a nine year old girl because Allah (God) "guided him to do it"!

Utter bollox!

How many people who do wrong use the excuse "God told me to do it" in their defence?

Didn't God tell Chapman to murder John Lennon?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join