It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily Show Launches #FUCO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

It would be funny if it wasn't so true, but current state of politics show how incapable those in charge are. Last night Daily Show with Jon Stewart had very interesting report with #FUCO, with well made song and well made message - Just FU** Cooperate...

thedailyshow.cc.com...

In the dysfunctional partisan cesspool of Washington, at least one group is trying to get something done — and no, these partisans aren't in Congress, correspondent Hasan Minhaj reported on Tuesday's Daily Show. Democrat Neera Tanden at the Center for American Progress and Freedomworks' Matt Kibbe, a Republican, are jointly trying to reform the prison system to lower the incarceration rate for nonviolent offenders.

Source: theweek.com... gn=speedreads

What a great idea and report... well done and as I said, it would be funny if it wasn't so true...

ps. To mods - If this not in appropriate forum, please move it.
edit on 29-4-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I started a thread on the issue of bipartisan support of prison reform a few weeks ago.
And just like this thread no responses.....
ATS doesn't get excited for good news. Even when it is bipartisan cutting of big government.

abovetopsecret.com...

Supported by politicians from Rand Paul and Newt Gingrich to Pres Obama and Bernie Sanders,
Not to mention a majority of Americans.

If we are going up against the prison industrial complex.. Then it's time to # FUCO

(post by THESUG removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: THESUG

Oh really???

" barely literate rednecks who come here to have their bigotry and simpleton world view stroked by like minded troglodytes"

Says the guy who's been a member here for 4 whole days!!!

You'll make plenty of friends I can tell.

You don't think that might be a bit of a rash judgement there???
edit on 29-4-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: THESUG
a reply to: SuperFrog

This website isn't made up of those interested in compromise. It's basically a bunch of barely literate rednecks who come here to have their bigotry and simpleton world view stroked by like minded troglodytes.

You've learned all that in 4 days?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I was watching last night when this aired and I figured #FUCO would catch on. It certainly should...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

There's about a 50-50 split between genuine common folk and the agency/tank corps.
Inside that 50% we find our "natural" divisions, personal paradigms and agenda's
Guided into oblivion by the other 50%. (cyclic hate, never a solution)
It's a perfect mirror into how things really are.

Division keeps the ball rolling, the conflicts going, the coffers full.
Peace, Harmony and good will.. is for the poor, the weak.

This is how those that rule see those that don't.
How those that lead see those that follow... all the way over the pier it seems..

about 0.000001% maybe less.. see the problem.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Uh oh!

Freedomworks works closely w Glenn beck .

Prepare for the hate for them, even though they are doing something good.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

This website isn't made up of those interested in compromise. It's basically a bunch of barely literate rednecks who come here to have their bigotry and simpleton world view stroked by like minded troglodytes.

That ironically sounded like a pretty bigoted post to me

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighFive

I started a thread on the issue of bipartisan support of prison reform a few weeks ago.
ATS doesn't get excited for good news. Even when it is bipartisan cutting of big government.

Your heart may be honest but bipartisan is a word used almost exclusively by the lefties when they are running out of gas. Its also a word they, the left, uses to describe what conservative don't have any of when the left is having trouble getting its way.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

nevermind, I see some members are way ahead of me.

edit on 4/29/2015 by postedby because: too slow

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

That statement would apply very accurately to "another" site I know of. There is definitely a very strong minority here that might fit that description, but I think many more are much more reasonable.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: HighFive

abovetopsecret.com...

Supported by politicians from Rand Paul and Newt Gingrich to Pres Obama and Bernie Sanders,
Not to mention a majority of Americans.

If we are going up against the prison industrial complex.. Then it's time to # FUCO

I share your surprise and at moment I am wondering are we at the point when good news is not that, 'news' at all. From the looks of it, we are more just for bad news, and thanks to current state in the world and USA, there is plenty of that material...

It seems to me that as positive this message is (and funny), it came at the time when we all don't see much from government and according to this thread we are happy with Status Quo?!

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

No offense, but it wasn't long ago I would have agreed and happily reposted the Daily Show's video regarding #FUCO. The truth is they are perpetuating this myth.

The jackasses in Washington ARE cooperating.
1. They are cooperating to rob America blind, stuff their pockets with tax dollars for themselves, family members, and friends.
2. They are cooperating at making it look like they aren't cooperating while average Americans squabble over talking points and hot button issues that they will never do anything about.

The video is funny but grossly inaccurate and only serves to keep the American public stupid.
edit on 2-5-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

here you go.

and you can't have Troglodytes without the butt sisiters.

edit on 2-5-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

i figured what the hell i'll just throw this one in to.

edit on 2-5-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

join