It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Unanswered Questions About The Baltimore Riots That They Don’t Want Us To Ask

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I don't see what will come of unanswered questions. There's unanswered questions from much bigger events and nobody has done squat about it.

True and good point, but this is fresh, now, and close to so many in dozens of cities, especially Baltimore where they want those answers yesterday.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I don't know why the NG wasn't placed in effect the 1st night. It's just a repeat of Ferguson. You'd think they would have 'larnt their lessin' but they continue to play naïve and make really bad decisions.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
I don't know why the NG wasn't placed in effect the 1st night. It's just a repeat of Ferguson. You'd think they would have 'larnt their lessin' but they continue to play naïve and make really bad decisions.

Possibly because Stephanie Rowlings Blake thought that the incident was contained after the first night. If you recall, there were no riots on Sunday. They were on Saturday and Monday.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Does that despicable Mayor really have ties to Obama?
The whole thing stinks of "Arab Spring" planning.

That Mayor is the key, hopefully this investigation continues for years well after the Obama cronies in the Justice Department are long gone.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP
One thing is for sure, if none of this is being controlled or manipulated, leadership should have been thinking Ferguson from the moment this became an issue, when it first got out and been prepared and had resources at the ready for a double-time to their deployment. You know, instead of seeing Ferguson happen and then do something.

edit on 4/29/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: spelling

edit on 4/29/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

By the way, there were no riots last night. The situation appears to be contained for now. If anything, these riots were MUCH better handled than the ones in Ferguson.

That would make the theory that it was orchestrated even more compelling, actually.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

This Mayor is in way over her head, Obama buddy or not. The day things were ramping up in Baltimore the new Attorney General was being sworn in... Now that girl is all Obama! In fact one of his long time advisors and been with him since day one.

I think the Gov stepped in to avoid the mistakes that Gov. Nixon made in Missouri. Calling in the Guard is a big step, one it costs a ton of money as it comes from the State budget. But at that point the "Rules of Engagement " change.

When the Mayor of any Metro area allows citizens the Space to destroy property, you can bet it's gonna happen. How this lady got into office in the first place is stunning. I see her on Wednesday night listening to all the wrong people...

It's also clear the Governors office saw her civic abilities as an unable public administrator and stepped in with the State Patrol and Guard.

By design? Not sure on that one really... Our current administration can't even get a web site to work. So lets rule those fools out.

However I do believe there are more than a few big corporate players that could be evolved and profit from mass public demonstrations to forward their agendas.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: scattergun

This Mayor is in way over her head, Obama buddy or not. The day things were ramping up in Baltimore the new Attorney General was being sworn in... Now that girl is all Obama! In fact one of his long time advisors and been with him since day one.

I think the Gov stepped in to avoid the mistakes that Gov. Nixon made in Missouri. Calling in the Guard is a big step, one it costs a ton of money as it comes from the State budget. But at that point the "Rules of Engagement " change.

When the Mayor of any Metro area allows citizens the Space to destroy property, you can bet it's gonna happen. How this lady got into office in the first place is stunning. I see her on Wednesday night listening to all the wrong people...

It's also clear the Governors office saw her civic abilities as an unable public administrator and stepped in with the State Patrol and Guard.

Could not agree more, well stated. Any mayor of a big city ought to take note and have contingency plans drawn up ASAP in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen
That does make sense, like a switch, on/off, on/off, on/off...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
On the flip side, I am not alarmed when sensationalist headlines come out about various Gaurds conducting riot training on their own or with police forces, obviously, that is serving a purpose and has historical precedent (yes, despite Kent state and the like, there still remains legitimate purpose here). However, combine that with all the other training, documentation, statements, etc, that is where I am alarmed.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Very close. It works on a "Sliding Scale" of Escalation and De-Escalation. Large protests are monitored closely as they can get out of hand quickly. Therefore the response is passive containment. That can change in hours as crowd cohesion is diluted or lost by it's organizers...

Weather and location are also considered closely. They have a Matrix for this process.

Passive Protest
Polarized Demonstration
Resistance
Mob Behavior
Riot..... This is the first Phase that Direct law enforcement is needed and Military is Considered.

Okay, that being outlined we see that it moves very fast at times, so quick that your city may be going several directions in different areas all at once. Toss in fear and exaggeration and a few burning buildings and you have a major problem, and these people don't have the experience to keep control.

Fact: You can't control a riot. Never. They will stop when their done...

Darrell Gates and the Rodney King Riots displayed a Police Chief that knew only more force would destroy the city and he backed off. Yes he and the city took a hit but he was facing a well armed city of Gangs and it could have been much worse than the horror it was.

Military intervention is a huge game changer. The Military works on a different set of rules. They take VITAL GROUND and not effectively trained to negotiate anything with rioters or looters. People even in full riot mode have not shot a US Soldier on the street... Perhaps they know what will happen. When that day comes everything will change in this country.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

By the way, there were no riots last night. The situation appears to be contained for now. If anything, these riots were MUCH better handled than the ones in Ferguson.

That would make the theory that it was orchestrated even more compelling, actually.

So in other words, when the situation spirals out of control, this is evidence of orchestration and not poor management of the situation by those in charge, and when the situation IS handled well that is ALSO evidence of orchestration. Exactly WHAT scenario would have to play out for you to believe this was just a series of events that led up to a bad situation?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I consider all of these actions to be pre-planned. It gives they Government an "Easy Button" to say the're following protocols for protection of property and citizens. These leaders are experts at shifting liability to avoid bad press.

A civil disturbance like a full on riot begins as a Bad Situation... sometimes a measured response just makes it worse.

The media plays a major card it this. As a country we are immediately looking for someone to blame..They don't help at all. It seems media drives some of the actions taken to "Fix" a Bad Situation.

I agree it's a grand somewhat organized mess. And absolutely no one is completely in control of a riot. It just fades out.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

They are pre-planned. Nobody goes to the mall and says "welp I came here for sneakers but now I'm gonna set that car on fire lulz"

However, if you're stating any and all civil disturbance is orchestrated by the government or something...wow.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Number 5 answers number 4, doesn't it?

Number 8 answers them all, IMO.

Imagine the SHAKING MY FISTS IN ANGER Grrr Rawr!!! crowd if there was so much as a hint of Koch Brother involvement in this... yet Soros is once again connected to domestic terror and very little is said.

Things that make you go

edit on 29-4-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: scattergun

I consider all of these actions to be pre-planned. It gives they Government an "Easy Button" to say the're following protocols for protection of property and citizens. These leaders are experts at shifting liability to avoid bad press.

The government of the last so many years has been NOTORIOUSLY bad at covering things up. That's why Obama keeps cracking down on whistleblowers. I really don't think they've fixed that problem yet.

A civil disturbance like a full on riot begins as a Bad Situation... sometimes a measured response just makes it worse.

The media plays a major card it this. As a country we are immediately looking for someone to blame..They don't help at all. It seems media drives some of the actions taken to "Fix" a Bad Situation.

The MEDIA is who is at fault for making any of these situations worse than they are. Everyone here likes to pretend like the government has nefarious fingers involved, when the answer is so damn obvious, it's practically slapping you in the face. The media blows EVERYTHING they report on WAY out of the water and as a result people overreact.

I agree it's a grand somewhat organized mess. And absolutely no one is completely in control of a riot. It just fades out.

It's really just something you need to control the best you can and wait for to blow over.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'd say the response to incidents is indeed planned. As far as the people involved that is a complete unknown. Some I'm sure are nothing more than bystanders. Others may see opportunity to commit acts of violence. I have seen many in Baltimore out trying to stop the violence. But the situation is totally unmanageable when you can't identify all the players..

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

edit on 29-4-2015 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

Excellent point... You can't push people to their limit. And my guess those "Investors" were foaming over their 401k's and begging for more Opportunities to cash in. However they don't live around the economic disaster they create...

And the media won't get big ratings from covering that robbery.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun
Interesting points, especially the last couple paragraphs I couldn't agree more. A full scale riot can not be controlled, but what we have seen lately is small pockets of agitators and rioters, opportunists that scavenge after rioters tear things up, and the actual community left saying to themselves, wtf, while pleading to peacefully protest.

There is no need to loot and riot until there is an actual showdown, and everyone will know when that goes down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join