It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray had spinal surgery a week before the arrest ??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: pilgrimOmega
Ooooh, he sold DRUUUUGS! Big deal. He broke a bunch of laws based in a subjective morality system that most of you criticize otherwise.

What do you want to address first? Victimless crimes, the poverty/education/crime rate triumvirate, the fact that he was still clearly beaten and his surgery only helped the police kill him faster, your blatant, weak attempts to hide your racism, what?

Sure. To address your poverty/education/crime rate triumvirate, let's talk about how Baltimore has been democratically controlled for the past fifty years (like Detroit). When they built up the Inner Harbor/Camden Yards neighborhoods, they did absolutely nothing for the inner city like putting money towards schools and education. Baltimore will also meet the same fate as Detroit. Book it.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

I don't see anyone saying anything racist--or is simply criticizing a person of a certain demographic "racist?"

The fact that I didn't say who I thought said something racist, and you decided it was you seems an indicator that you already think you are .
In the wake of so much incredible police violence in America right now, there's still a thread full of people working hard to exonerate the police any way they can in a situation that Mr. Magoo could see stinks to the stratosphere.

Exonerated from what exactly? Is there some video out there that only YOU have seen that shows the police intentionally beat him and broke his back? There is nothing to exonerate if they arrested him in a normal police procedure and, because he had just had surgery and should NOT have been out, his back was broken. Sucks for him as it would be a really bad accident, but the blame would mostly lie on Gray's shoulders for being out and about dealing in the first place.

I have seen nothing to back up what you are saying at all....just speculation on your part because Gray ended up with a broken back, which it appears was likely operated on just prior to this incident.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: texasgirl

Aren't they coming out with the autopsy results Friday?

I thought there was already an autopsy which showed he died of spinal injuries, just not specific as to how they occurred.

"An autopsy found that Gray died from a spinal cord injury, but Baltimore Deputy Police Commissioner Jerry Rodriguez told reporters Monday that there is no indication how the injury occurred."

www.cnn.com...

Also interesting there was another witness in the transport van with Gray at the time. I wasn't aware of this. His testimony will definitely be key.

"Another person, who was inside the prisoner transport van carrying Gray, is a witness in a criminal investigation, so his name won't be released, police said."

www.cnn.com...

It must be the investigative findings they're going to reveal Friday, sorry. But that includes the official autopsy report, too. CNN reported this.

Someone said the witness reported they didn't handcuff or strap him in the van, leaving him to bounce around. Don't know if that's true or not, either.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: pilgrimOmega

He also came with money from a law sue back in the 90s and obviously didn't improve himself, the opportunity was there but what happen?, still his injuries were brutal we all agree on that, and that is something unacceptable even on the worst of maybe criminals as we know you are innocent until proven otherwise.

So he had some money one time, your judgement on what he should have/ could have done with it matters not, does it? No one's does. Just as I could never comment on the circumstances of the trials and tribulations in your life, as my knowledge would be superficial at best.

He is dead, without the due process promised by law. If the law is not for everyone, then it is for no-one.

And that's how people end up dead in the back of the police van.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Exonerated from what exactly? Is there some video out there that only YOU have seen that shows the police intentionally beat him and broke his back? There is nothing to exonerate if they arrested him in a normal police procedure and, because he had just had surgery and should NOT have been out, his back was broken. Sucks for him as it would be a really bad accident, but the blame would mostly lie on Gray's shoulders for being out and about dealing in the first place.

I have seen nothing to back up what you are saying at all....just speculation on your part because Gray ended up with a broken back, which it appears was likely operated on just prior to this incident.

The only evidence I have is a dead guy, which is admittedly not much.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
Poor Dead Freddy, Its a Shame, He Was So Young

Don't say that. All black lives matter. That's why they're down at the inner city abortion clinics all the time protesting for the poor aborted black babies.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I don't see anyone saying anything racist--or is simply criticizing a person of a certain demographic "racist?"

The fact that I didn't say who I thought said something racist, and you decided it was you seems an indicator that you already think you are .
In the wake of so much incredible police violence in America right now, there's still a thread full of people working hard to exonerate the police any way they can in a situation that Mr. Magoo could see stinks to the stratosphere.

I'm definitely not racist--otherwise I'd hate myself, being of mixed race. However, those who see racism in everything, such as yourself, definitely ARE racist.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Don't say that. All black lives matter. That's why they're down at the inner city abortion clinics all the time protesting for the poor aborted black babies.

This is a grotesque statement that drips with racism.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
They contacted who?
When?
Sounds like BS to me.

Oh look, now it's on the top page of before its news dot com...

Must be full of substance.

No one goes out one week after spinal surgery...

Source;
My mum broke her back and she has had numerous surgeries...

& so have a lot of her friends from the hospital she stayed at.

& no, they wouldn't be out prancing about 1 week after major surgery on their spine without being in absolute agony.

I'm calling BS.

Unless he was on a Meth & Crack cocktail.

Is your mum 25yrs old ?

Also if the surgery was a fusion of vertebra, you can actually be mobile pretty fast after the surgery. Discharged in 1-2 days apparently:

www.spine-health.com...

Regardless, I am actually a bit suspicious of this story without further info and/or medical examiner's report. I would think the evidence of recent cervical-spine surgery would have clear to the medical examiner and released already.

link   

Aren't they coming out with the autopsy results Friday?

I thought there was already an autopsy which showed he died of spinal injuries, just not specific as to how they occurred.

"An autopsy found that Gray died from a spinal cord injury, but Baltimore Deputy Police Commissioner Jerry Rodriguez told reporters Monday that there is no indication how the injury occurred."

www.cnn.com...

Also interesting there was another witness in the transport van with Gray at the time. I wasn't aware of this. His testimony will definitely be key.

"Another person, who was inside the prisoner transport van carrying Gray, is a witness in a criminal investigation, so his name won't be released, police said."

www.cnn.com...

It must be the investigative findings they're going to reveal Friday, sorry. But that includes the official autopsy report, too. CNN reported this.

Someone said the witness reported they didn't handcuff or strap him in the van, leaving him to bounce around. Don't know if that's true or not, either.

That's interesting. If that's the case, I wonder if the witness was strapped in, and if not, how he avoided being injured too.

link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Baltimore has been democratically controlled for the past fifty years

While I agree that's detrimental to the Democrats that BA & the D are destructive...

What does it say about the Republican campaign trail in both States for half a century?

Let's not be partisan when over 50 years both Ds & Rs have been POTUS and could force the issue quite easily.

All politicians have failed both States imo.
edit on 29-4-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

link   

I'm definitely not racist--otherwise I'd hate myself, being of mixed race. However, those who see racism in everything, such as yourself, definitely ARE racist.

That's right doc, Freedom is Slavery, too.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Have you seen something I haven't? Clearly beaten when exactly? Or was his back broken because they had to take him down since he ran and was a dangerous, multiple offense criminal that had just had back surgery a week before?

All I saw was the dead guy from the back of the van.

Good demonizing/repeating of the 'multiple offense criminal' line, but why are you so comfortable with police acting as judge, jury and executioner and avoiding the due process promised by the Constitution of your country. Why are you so anti-American?

Well that is odd considering he did not die in the back of the van.....he died a week later.

And sure, if you can repeat that all cops are bad because a few incidents have happened around the country, then I can say this kid was a multiple offence criminal (because he alone was a multiple offence criminal) not basing it on any other incidents at all, but his own past.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
CONFIRMED: Court records show Freddie Gray was receiving a structured settlement from Allstate Insurance and attempted to convert it into one lump sum in early March

This is what is now been in the news.

This could change the whole issue of how he broke his back.

If the police took him in and indeed he underwent neck and back surgery then his injuries no known by the police could change the story.

EXCLUSIVE: The Fourth Estate has been told that Freddie Gray’s life-ending injuries to his spine may have possibly been the result of spinal and neck surgery that he allegedly received a week before he was arrested, not from rough excessively rough treatment or abuse from police.

The Fourth Estate has contacted sources who allege that Freddie Gray received spinal and neck surgery a week before we was arrested, and was allegedly receiving a large structured settlement from Allstate Insurance. The surgery is allegedly related to a car accident in which Gray was involved.

Sources allege that Gray also attempted to refinance his structured settlement into one lump sum payment through Peachtree Funding.

______beforeitsnews/politics/2015/04/breaking-freddie-gray-allegedly-had-spine-surgery-just-one-week-before-arrest-2707800.html

So if the reports and the doctor that operated on Gray comes out telling the dangers he was in after surgery and that the polices no necessarily was at fault for his death, I wonder what will happen.

edit on 29-4-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

This is a grotesque statement that drips with racism.

Not meant as a racist statement. Just wondering why if all black lives matter, they only seem to matter when it's a white cop involved. That's the only time I see violent protests.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

No but due to such a myriad of patients who were in hospital with her some were younger, some were older, and some were in their prime (29-36)...

Age is just a number anyways, our spines are our spines...
And when you have surgery to correct things that are a danger to the cord itself, no, not buying a week recovery at all.

Nor is my mum who was the first to call BS on the week between.

Que sera sera, we shall see.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

camera's are always conveniently broken as if they don't have a security staff that monitors EVERY camera.

It's simply the people telling the city to take action on the cops, or the people will take action on the city.

Let's see how many cities can be destroyed, billions in damage, countless deaths can happen til they say HMMM throw-a-cop-in-jail for the crimes they commit.

I've got my popcorn, I think it's gonna be a long one

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19290549]Vasa Croe

Well that is odd considering he did not die in the back of the van.....he died a week later.

And sure, if you can repeat that all cops are bad because a few incidents have happened around the country, then I can say this kid was a multiple offence criminal (because he alone was a multiple offence criminal) not basing it on any other incidents at all, but his own past.

Yeah, I #ed up a fact, that's bad in an argument, and you are right to pounce on it. You have to have something actually wrong to criticize.

I can see what your purpose and meaning is in your activity here, and I see that engaging you is useless. Sorry to have wasted your time, and the the taxpayers money that pay your wage.

Why is it ok for you, that police just kill 'multiple offense criminals' instead of having them go through the so-called US justice system? You are ok with police becoming executioners? Just want to clarify your ... position, I guess.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

He also came with money from a law sue back in the 90s and obviously didn't improve himself, the opportunity was there but what happen?, still his injuries were brutal we all agree on that, and that is something unacceptable even on the worst of maybe criminals as we know you are innocent until proven otherwise.

So he had some money one time, your judgement on what he should have/ could have done with it matters not, does it? No one's does. Just as I could never comment on the circumstances of the trials and tribulations in your life, as my knowledge would be superficial at best.

He is dead, without the due process promised by law. If the law is not for everyone, then it is for no-one.

And that's how people end up dead in the back of the police van.

You knowledge on this very topic is superficial at best. He did not end up dead in the back of the van, he ended up dead a week later, and due process was him being arrested, unfortunately he had just had back surgery and it is a bit hard to ascertain that when a criminal is running from you. I don't recall any reports of him screaming he had just had surgery and don't touch his back.

You can't put the onus on the police solely here. Gray, himself, had a responsibility TO himself to take care of himself as the doctors had told him to do. He did not, and died as a result of his own actions. Are patients with recent back operations above the law now?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I think it's your opinion that is stinking to the stratosphere.

You are doing the exact same thing you are complaining about. It's just that your target is the opposite side.

You are no better than those you are targeting with your "racism".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join