It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray had spinal surgery a week before the arrest ??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
thefourthestate.co...

Hmm, I can't find much more information on this, but it would appear that he did have a prior injury with a large lawsuit against AllState, and possibly multiple previous surgeries. Medical records are private, but the ME's report will likely be released, and they would obviously catch the clear signs of recent major surgery. So we'll have to wait for the 6pm update and see, but here's the basics:

The Fourth Estate has contacted sources who allege that Freddie Gray received spinal and neck surgery a week before we was arrested, and was allegedly receiving a large structured settlement from Allstate Insurance. The surgery is allegedly related to a car accident in which Gray was involved.

Sources allege that Gray also attempted to refinance his structured settlement into one lump sum payment through Peachtree Funding.

If this is true, then it is possible that Gray’s spinal injury resulting from his encounter with the Baltimore Police was not the result of rough-handling or abuse, but rather a freak accident that occurred when Gray should have been at home resting, not selling drugs.

The structured settlement from Allstate and Gray’s attempt to convert it into one lump sum payment has been confirmed by Howard County Circuit Court Records

It's at least interesting considering there is no video or pictures of the guy being beat down. If this turns out to be true, the guy should have at least been seeing after himself and not getting into trouble with police just a week after major surgery.

edit on 29-4-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

This is certainly interesting. I'm curious to see how the MSM deals with this information. If true, it might shine an unfavorable light on the looters and other Baltimore Human Zoo residents.

ETA: To be clear, the residents I'm referring to are the ones behaving like animals.
edit on 29-4-2015 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Oh, yeah! Like CNN will be all over this aspect!
I surmise that even Fox News will hardly touch it.
Just like his extensive rap sheet, the average person will never hear about it.

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
A thousand words ...

I'm sorry the guy's dead. I'm sorry for his family. I'm sorry for Baltimore.

But ... the guy was a frikkin' thug. This was a 'sooner or later' event.

What would you do if you saw him casing your home just before your babysitter came by to watch your young daughter?

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This would make a whole lot more sense to me, if true.
I've been wracking my brain around what in the world the police would have had to do to him, to severe 80% of his spinal cord.
I haven't came up with much that made sense.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I was ready to post this as I read this story earlier. If his spinal cord injury occurred because he should have been at home recuperating instead of selling drugs which led to a ride in a van, then this would vindicate the cops.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Please don't interject facts into this story.

Even I was hating the police at this point!

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
I was ready to post this as I read this story earlier. If his spinal cord injury occurred because he should have been at home recuperating instead of selling drugs which led to a ride in a van, then this would vindicate the cops.

Yes it would and, honestly, this is the most logical reason for what happened because it takes some force to break the neck of a healthy young man. If he just had a fusion or laminectomy the week before, then that explains how tenuous his neck was.

Of course this won't matter to the rioters and looters and race baiters--the narrative has already been written.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Please don't interject facts into this story.

Even I was hating the police at this point!

LOL

Show this to the police, Beez.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I can't.

I'm too busy raising my hands saying, "Hands up, don't shoot!"

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

If true, this will be a major game changer.

Honestly, I don't see this ending well for the City. With all the pending lawsuits, I can see bankruptcy for the City in the near future. I also see businesses closing down or not rebuilding.

Congrats thugs, you sure showed the man!

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Nice find OP. This does it for me. My dad is a spinal surgeon so I am well aware of how this works. If he was out thugging a week after surgery then I am not surprised. No doubt it won't matter to MSM though, nor all the others rioting....live by the thug, die by the thug....

ETA: if this is found to be true and is able to exonerate the officers involved, I can't imagine what the response is going to be....
edit on 4/29/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

If true, this will be a major game changer.

Honestly, I don't see this ending well for the City. With all the pending lawsuits, I can see bankruptcy for the City in the near future. I also see businesses closing down or not rebuilding.

Congrats thugs, you sure showed the man!

Yep, Baltimore will become the next Detroit. Another common denominator, they both have been Democratically run for the last 50 years. Coincidence?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I posted this last night in the live feed of the Riot but it didn't get much traction.

Thanks for making a thread on it.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
if anyone bothered to read the documents, then you would know that the FIRST court case was back in december! and he has had multiple appearances in court, or his lawyer anyways.
that accident happened at least four to five months ago, which is enough time for him to get back out on the block as a hopper if he wanted to.

so once again, blaming the victim.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Nice find OP. This does it for me. My dad is a spinal surgeon so I am well aware of how this works. If he was out thugging a week after surgery then I am not surprised. No doubt it won't matter to MSM though, nor all the others rioting....live by the thug, die by the thug....

ETA: if this is found to be true and is able to exonerate the officers involved, I can't imagine what the response is going to be....

Oh God, if the officers are exonerated, then there'll be more rioting which will make the other night look like a Sunday afternoon church potluck picnic.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
if anyone bothered to read the documents, then you would know that the FIRST court case was back in december! and he has had multiple appearances in court, or his lawyer anyways.
that accident happened at least four to five months ago, which is enough time for him to get back out on the block as a hopper if he wanted to.

Yes, after 3 months he needed to be more aggressive with his exercise program to ensure a long-term recovery of his spine. That would explain Freddie being out and about. However, 5 months is not completely healed.

If the cops did not know he had spinal surgery then it's possible they will be let off the hook and not charged.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

You're right. If he just had spinal and neck surgery a week prior then it's the cops' fault.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Aren't they coming out with the autopsy results Friday?

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

And you know he only needed a single surgery a few months ago? Plenty of people have complications from surgery and need multiples.

So yeah.....blame him and I wouldn't exactly call him a "victim" in the normal sense....if he did have surgery and was not healed and was out thugging and was arrested while doing so and because of his surgery was injured or killed in the process, maybe he should have been healing up at the house....if the surgical procedure had not healed then this is not LEO's fault that he died....it is his own.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join