It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 shot, 2 dead in Baltimore last night yet barely a mention in the MSM ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
One dead in five shootings in Baltimore Tuesday

5 shot, 2killed in Baltimore

Obviously I don't consider the second link as reliable, but it appears both articles are referring to 4 of the same people (ages 22, 24, 27 & 31)

At least four people have been shot in Baltimore this evening. Two of them died. The media is on lockdown and refusing to disclose the race of any of the victims or suspects.

A 27 year old man was shot in face while riding his bike. Northwest side.

A 24 year old man was grazed on the side of his head by a bullet. West side.

A 22 year old man was shot in the leg. Cold Springs Park.

A 31 year old woman was shot and killed. Park Heights.

A 42 year old man was shot multiple times and killed. Park Heights.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny
In Ferguson as well as reported by @AntonioFrench of WUSTL but it looks like there was only one shooting.
edit on 4/29/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
It is not who was shot but by whom . It's all in who was doing the shooting whether the story will be told . They like to get everyone all riled up . can't be done when it's just average citizens shooting one another so of course it will not be reported .

Now if it were the LEOs doing the shooting , then it would have been all over the news , that's just good biz !
edit on 29-4-2015 by Stonecutter45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Sounds like a typical night in any American city to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stonecutter45
It is not who was shot but by whom . It's all in who was doing the shooting whether the story will be told . They like to get everyone all riled up . can't be done when it's just average citizens shooting one another so of course it will not be reported .

Now if it were the LEOs doing the shooting , then it would have been all over the news , that's just good biz !

Here's your problem where they related to the riots or just a normal night on Baltimore gunshot victims occur their all the time.Media would have to take the time to investigate eacheck incident not worth it when you have a major story playing out.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Here's your problem where they related to the riots or just a normal night on Baltimore gunshot victims occur their all the time.Media would have to take the time to investigate eacheck incident not worth it when you have a major story playing out.

Seriously 5 people are shot on an average Tuesday night in Baltimore ?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

May be normal , may be attributed to the riots , I do not know as I have never been there . I do not live in a town where these types of things happen , and I shy away from big cities .

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Baltimore had something like 230 murders in all of 2013. Four people getting shot in one night probably can't fairly be called "normal" but I don't think it's out of the "bad night" territory. Riots probably qualify as a "bad night."

I'm honestly surprised at the whole "the media has to take the time to fact check" idea. Eh....what? Since when does msm take the time to fact check? They'd rather be first and wrong, but still first, than be last and right.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Baltimore had something like 230 murders in all of 2013. Four people getting shot in one night probably can't fairly be called "normal" but I don't think it's out of the "bad night" territory. Riots probably qualify as a "bad night."

I'm honestly surprised at the whole "the media has to take the time to fact check" idea. Eh....what? Since when does msm take the time to fact check? They'd rather be first and wrong, but still first, than be last and right.

230 murders !? WOW . I wouldn't know what that was like to live in a town where murders happen , let alone on a regular basis . The wife was complaining that our sleepy little town is boring , I am going to run that number by her and ask what she thinks of our boring little town now .

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Stonecutter45

Take her cow tipping or something!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

One dead in five shootings in Baltimore Tuesday

5 shot, 2killed in Baltimore

Obviously I don't consider the second link as reliable, but it appears both articles are referring to 4 of the same people (ages 22, 24, 27 & 31)

At least four people have been shot in Baltimore this evening. Two of them died. The media is on lockdown and refusing to disclose the race of any of the victims or suspects.

A 27 year old man was shot in face while riding his bike. Northwest side.

A 24 year old man was grazed on the side of his head by a bullet. West side.

A 22 year old man was shot in the leg. Cold Springs Park.

A 31 year old woman was shot and killed. Park Heights.

A 42 year old man was shot multiple times and killed. Park Heights.

Typical night in Baltimore...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

230 murders !? WOW . I wouldn't know what that was like to live in a town where murders happen , let alone on a regular basis . The wife was complaining that our sleepy little town is boring , I am going to run that number by her and ask what she thinks of our boring little town now .

The population of Baltimore city is 622,000 people. 230 murders in a year isn't even 1% of the population.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

You don't consider it reliable? Why because it has conservative in the title? I find dismissing anything out of hand just because politically you stand in the other theater, the hight of ignorance.

You don't consider it reliable , yet you use IT as your thread title?

Honestly that discredits you more than the source, if you don't find it credible yet use it as your thread title and part of the content.

As to the post. Sounds like a quiet night in Baltimore honestly

edit on 29-4-2015 by Lgbtlivesmatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Take her cow tipping or something!

LOL , I had to wipe the coffee of the screen ! I think I'll save that for her birthday , make it a real special night to remember . Don't want to spoil her though .

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

They are trying not to inflame the delicate situation.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
"The population of Baltimore city is 622,000 people. 230 murders in a year isn't even 1% of the population."

Say that like it is a good thing . 230 murders ? We have a lot of people living here so hey we're doing great this year !
edit on 29-4-2015 by Stonecutter45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

It just kind of comes with the territory. The more people you get together, there is bound to be more murders.

This link shows that the murder rate has been going down over the years (though it did jump again from 2012 to 2013). Though, that being said, Baltimore WAS ranked fifth in the murder rate last year. So it isn't all peaches and sunshine. I'm just trying to point out that despite the apparent high crime, you are still very unlikely to be the target of one of those crimes. In fact, most of the homicides in Baltimore are gang related.

I don't even read homicide reports in the Baltimore Sun, it's just part of living here.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I don't think it was said so much as a good thing, just adding some context. Locals (no idea if Krazyshot is local) define a bad night differently than outsiders.

An ER doc in southeast DC would define a "good night" as having "only" 4 GSWs and one DOA. A "bad night" would be a gang shoot out resulting in 3 DOAs, one died in surgery, and 5 GSWs. It's all relative to your perspective on things.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yea. That's what I was getting at and yes I am a local.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Actually, yeah.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join