It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riddle me this Anti-American sentimentalists....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Oh look, it's another maverick lonewolf american with a chip on his shoulder trying to take on the world.

That's all I've got. I won't be returning to this thread and didn't read any of the OP or other posts within. Good day!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The very nature of your questions highlight one of the biggest problems with the US.

Nothing will ever change as long as every questioned is phrased along "us versus them".

You want change? Make the questions "us and them" based.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

When the questions are nothing more as a defence to try and justify the atrocities being done by the US government, and the questions are meant to drag people in your dogma about it all being good for humanity...they are not questions which can be taken seriously, especially if they are drenched with fearmongering about a lot of "if`s" and there`s nothing in it about how things can also end a whole other way, namely a much more positive way.

And I am confronting you on what you are doing...trying to drag people in your twisted justification for horrible things which are occurring by playing on peoples fears, so it all can be left the way it is in the end.
edit on 29 4 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The U.S. will impose a global police state before they allow that to happen. Wouldn't you be willing to do anything to keep your hands clenched onto power?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheCretinHop
The U.S. will impose a global police state before they allow that to happen. Wouldn't you be willing to do anything to keep your hands clenched onto power?

I personally would let go of it like a hot potato. The lust for power and influence has no hold over me. Too bad I'm a minority.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You really are the most obnoxious person aren't you? I went to bed when your reply was only 4 paragraphs long...and then you edited it, while I was fast asleep and oblivious to your rantings.

Well then, let me explain what I think.

First of all I am not anti anything. I disagree with many countries' foreign policies, including my own. that doesn't make me anti, it makes me sad that nothing changes.

You haven't made any points at all, you have made an almost endless list of suppositions based on your own (I believe) undefined and ever changing beliefs.

You seem to be saying, to use an analogy "Better the Devil you know..." to which I would reply, better no Devil at all.

Perhaps you need a break, one of those places with no technology and no society or government.

North pole, or South? Perhaps you already visit both quite frequently.

I hope the sarcasm is not wasted on you. (see what I did there ? I pointed it out for you).

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The way I see it, people like OP are helpless.

I used to argue with my pet goldfish. I'd say, hey buddy - why can't you climb that tree like the cat can? Why don't you do it? Please just climb the tree. Every day I tried to make the fish climb the tree. For years, he wouldn't -- Why won't you climb the tree fish?!

Then I realized, he's just a goldfish. He's incapable, he won't change and he can't change.

And that is the intellect of some people. They won't understand because they can't understand.

I don't argue with fish anymore. I just smile and think, swim little fish, the cat will do the climbing, the fox will hunt and I will sit here with a whiskey, a cigarette and think/dream and eventually vomit on the carpet and have a splitting headache in the morning.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I agree completely. We are not being responsible as a species. How many things have been invented that would improve the human condition yet were quashed because they were not extremely profitable for a few? Hey, we've only got a 122 years here max (and that's being extremely optimistic). How about not being a greedy dick while you're here. You may come back to regret it...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: EveStreet

A great many folk on this mossy rock believe we were given it by an intergalactic overlord and have permission to do with it as we see fit. So until we can address that problem somehow we're pretty much screwed.
edit on 29-4-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: socketdude

I have noticed this. And thanks for the laughs mate.

Another thing I have noticed is the OP's penchant for posting, then waiting for a reply before editing the previous post...That is really poor form.

Sad but true.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
if like in 50 years the US doesnt collapse and become a humble little third world nation?

It won't. $600,000,000 of disclosed military-industrial complex tax-payer funding ensures this.

Not unlike a "death cult" terrorist bent on ascending to paedophile heaven, U.S. will destroy itself before it is humbled.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

there are rarely appropriate answers to the Cynical, Sarcastic rantings of a member of the "we're really not bad club".

I couldn't careless. America is what it is and it will be what it will be... However, let's not pretend that "Team America World police" are the unsung saviors of the world. Good and bad they are what they are... .!.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel

a reply to: AllSourceIntel
Dont know how we can continue without valuable insight like that.

Shows the level of thought behind people who stand to be counted on the Anti-American sentiment...I am sure you thought your stance through to its logical end,..

That was the very point of my first post. The over use of like detracts from the meat and point of your post.

You do not know what my stance is and it is false to assume I am in the anti-American side.

For crying out loud either read the post and answer the question or just go away, troll. You are contributing nothing and attempting to derail the thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel

a reply to: AllSourceIntel
Dont know how we can continue without valuable insight like that.

Shows the level of thought behind people who stand to be counted on the Anti-American sentiment...I am sure you thought your stance through to its logical end,..

That was the very point of my first post. The over use of like detracts from the meat and point of your post.

You do not know what my stance is and it is false to assume I am in the anti-American side.

For crying out loud either read the post and answer the question or just go away, troll. You are contributing nothing and attempting to derail the thread.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and contribute to the OP rather than rag on other members.

2nd in addressing the topic.....

Are you REALLY committed? Long haul type committed? In the face of and against all odds committed to the destruction of the US?

Actually I'm committed to advancing the state of the economy in the US by being an entrepreneur, starting businesses and creating jobs.

on a side note...Like, I don't hire crybabies!!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I love this country with all my heart, that is why it is so frustrating to see the level of corruption it has sunk to.

As far as our current position as number one in the world goes, if history has taught us anything it's that it is not a matter of if, but when we still start sliding down the charts. It happens to every empire, and involves violence and tumult in every instance. To assume that this isn't inevitable is just plain naive.

What I don't like is injustice. When the US is involved in it, I do not approve. And when someone refuses to accept responsibility for grave injustices and horrible mistakes as a result of US policy because, well, because "Amurica", they themselves cease to be what America really is about and become all that is out to destroy us.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I get what you are saying. You wrote it in such a way that I can tell you really mean it

And I do respect when someone is not just shilling but believes in his philosophy or mantra or whatever

Just one problem !!!

US really will collapse in the most hideous way and you Tadaman have picked the wrong side of history

Don't fret though, you got lot of company inside mainland USA
edit on 1-5-2015 by iLikeCIAnot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well this thread went pretty much how I thought. I saw many posts either speaking about me or those like me with few actually answering the many questions I asked. To those that did, thank you for your time, even if we disagree. HAD I,asked one question and written it plain and simply instead the response would have been similar. There are plenty who are reasonable and did answer honestly....the rest are satisfied to go after the me as the OP instead of the argument.

So that's about it. If you have something to say you have to first make sure its popular. If not the mob is there to play it cool and pretend they have it all figured out without having to explain their point.

I know there is plenty wrong with the US. You can think that or not but if you don't have a solution you only noticed like the rest of us did. So what?

but whatever. I hope you realize the final outcome to all you wish for and hope for...

Also, I edit my posts until I am satisfied with the final outcome. IF YOU post and run that's your problem. I am done when I am done, not when you are. Stay and talk or leave after the drive by. I don't really care.

And, the US isn't going anywhere...so dream on.

edit on 5 1 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Did you like, even have an argument?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Yes I did. Did you, like read the thread.....

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Basically

Video not working here's link...thpppbt

edit on 2-5-2015 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join