It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riddle me this Anti-American sentimentalists....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
So I was wondering,

What are all of you guys who hate the US going to do if like in 50 years the US doesnt collapse and become a humble little third world nation?

Like, what if the US economy does collapse and like a week or month later, we are up and running? again?

If like when you are old and fat, and your dreams of popping those bottles you have been saving havent come to fruition?

Will you get bummed about it?

Would you do something about it if like, there is a global conflict and the US and its allies come up victorious....?

Would you try something? Would you quietly clench your fists and proceed to try and get young people, maybe your kids to pick up your mantle and "keep the faith" sort to speak?

Will you cry foul and live in the past when you thought it was a possibility?

If in 50 years, nothing has changed as far as US global power....will you be mad?

If we renew our military and tighten our grip world wide and our allies benefit like they do now.....would you leave the west in disgust? Stay to try and brew hatred for us?

Just curious. Are you REALLY committed? Long haul type committed? In the face of and against all odds committed to the destruction of the US?

What about if you are right and a new player becomes supreme. If he is worse than the US will you be too tired to resist like you "resisted" the US hegemony? Will you be vocal and stir up angst against a new player that kills opponents and imprisons them? Will you celebrate when you see American poor people suffering? When the country is hungry cold and scared? Will that be justice? Will you celebrate the victory if the powers to replace the US outlaw free speech, gay rights, minority progress for equality, international oversight, progressive ideals?

Will you celebrate when you see them wage wars in the same places on earth for the resources there? Will you be happy about it?

Like if its China and they do to the world what they do to their people? If its Russia and they make ultra conservative governments and policies a reality for all? Unless you think some progressive western European government will compete with them like Norway or something.....?

Who would you want to "kill the beast"? Who do you want to take their place? Do you think they wont if they do "kill the beast"? What do you think they will do? Change their policy internally and as such would be reflected internationally? Would like a Russian world allow a Californian to marry into a gay relationship? Would like a Chinese world allow criticism of them in New York if they control the US?

Do you think they would take the US militarily and then leave? Would they beat us militarily or other wise and proceed to allow places with natural resources to dictate their price freely like we dont do now? Will they like free the middle east and then buy oil at the price the ME sets? Be at the mercy of the ME and when the ME is upset allow them the power to collapse their economy?

Would China or Russia care to field extremely expensive battle groups to protect international trade? Will they use their new vast wealth to fund the UN and global humanitarian aid like the west does?

just some questions. Take your pick or dont.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
So, that was a lot of questions, mostly asking the same thing. But to answer you in general, when the US is no longer the world leader those who live there will find other reasons to bitch, and those who don't will find reasons to bitch about the new world leader.
but I will answer your last question directly. Yes the new dominant economy will donate like the US does now, to protect its interest and for good publicity

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
Like, all your uses of like, like, made me, like, stop reading your post, like, after the third like. Like, do you know, like what I mean?

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

No. But I do notice you didnt actually answer any question. That is an answer though.....says allot.

edit on 4 28 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Because I stopped reading, I can not very well answer to what I have not read.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

There will be the odd glitch but just sit back and enjoy the programme

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Thanks for your "input" ? LOL

Dont know how we can continue without valuable insight like that.

Shows the level of thought behind people who stand to be counted on the Anti-American sentiment...I am sure you thought your stance through to its logical end,..

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
Dont know how we can continue without valuable insight like that.

Shows the level of thought behind people who stand to be counted on the Anti-American sentiment...I am sure you thought your stance through to its logical end,..

That was the very point of my first post. The over use of like detracts from the meat and point of your post.

You do not know what my stance is and it is false to assume I am in the anti-American side.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Everyone will find a new villain. They need someone to blame.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I don't see myself as "Anti-American"... but I'll play.

Who would you want to "kill the beast"?

The American people. It's their obligation.

Who do you want to take their place?

The American people. It's their rightful place.

What do you think they will do? [...] Change their policy internally and as such would be reflected internationally?

Exactly, yes.
I hope they will... I'm not sure anymore this is ever going to happen though.
edit on 28-4-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Just trying to make a point.

Point made thanks to you...

I LIKE it. Thanks. Also, I have to assume since you tried a post and run without actually elaborating your stance.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I can't really answer your questions. I am an American who loves my country, despite the bad. I'm not anti any country. There are bad things about all of them. There is also a lot of good. Politics is not something that interests me. Once I got wind of all the corruption and agendas involved.. well what's a guy like me to do? I wasn't exactly born in the right time to put a stop to it, and I don't know if it would matter. The world is a complex place, and there will always be covert agendas. But anyway.. I care about culture, and people. I am taken in by the various cultures and traditions of everyone. Their histories of failures and triumphs. I would love to visit Russia. I would love to visit China. I would love to visit Germany. I would even love to visit Iran! Ahh.. if only I was wealthy. I would go everywhere I could.

S+F for calling out the haters.

edit on 4-28-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Hey, I KNOW there are awful aspects to our country. I dont dwell on them since I think thats not exactly productive towards a greater end.

I think they SHOULD be addressed, I only ask for people to think their stance through to its logical end.

I am not anti any country. I LOVE allot even about our traditional rivals. I always wanted to visit China, I LOVE their philosofy and historic contributions. I LOVE Russian attitude and ingenuity. They are VERY smart people.

Etcetera.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I do not know what point that is.

You do realize I am American, a patriot, have served, defend America's position here when just and call it out when it is not?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

You could say as much. I am only going off what I have to work with.

I made it over simplistic on purpose. I think the stance of blind hatred for the US is retarded and simplistic. The people who salivate for and celebrate any bad thing that threatens the US are LIKE HS gossip girls.

I am not trying to be a jerk, though maybe I am at times, I am just making a point.

People dont think things through.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Blind hatred toward anything is ignorance based on arrogance (the worst form of ignorance).

I am not trying to be a jerk either, I am pointing out the over use of like detracts from your point, and discourages some people from actually reading and responding, like HS gosspip girls no one with any real sense of duty pays attention to because they have nothing to really say.

The reality of the matter is, and what I think the ultimate point of your post is, if it is not the U.S., it will be someone else, as history has shown, the dominate nation will abuse its powers in some form or fashion. Unfortunately, in this great game of dominance, the lesser of evils has to be chosen until a new system is born. I won't pretend to know what that system is, no one person could, look what it took to set America up.
edit on 4/28/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: grammar

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Humans in general just suck in my opinion doesn't really matter where we're from.

I just hope one day a species greater than our own will arrive and exploit us in the same manner and magnitude we exploit all life on this planet (including each other)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Fair enough. I admit I over did it. Hell, I even wrote it with a certain voice in my head in mind.

maybe I went overboard. I dont care really. Its targeted to a certain level of mind and thought. You sound reasonable enough where this conversation would be preaching to the choir.

Have a good one huh.
Hold it down.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yo tadam, I was the first to reply, y'all didn't reply to me...does that say a lot? If I knew how to underline on a smart phone I would underline 'a lot', as in two seperate words...
edit on 28-4-2015 by allistar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: allistar

YO,

I wasnt trying to single you out. I am holding a baby and trying to feed the guy. Dont feel left out. I read it. I didnt have much else to add.

I agree with you. They would just bitch about the new guy while he does the same exact crap. The next question people need to ask: if he is better than a bird in the hand....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join