It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas State Guard To Monitor ... Operation JH15

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Following discussions aimed at ensuring Texans are fully informed on Operation Jade Helm 15, Governor Greg Abbott today met with Major General Gerald “Jake” Betty, Commander of the Texas State Guard, and directed him to monitor the Operation.

Governor Abbott directed General Betty to provide regular updates to the Governor’s Office to ensure that Texans’ “safety, constitutional rights, private property rights and civil liberties will not be infringed” during the eight-week training period from July 2015 – September 2015.

Read Governor Abbott’s full directive to General Betty here.

Governor Abbott Directs Texas State Guard

Breitbart News: Abbott Assigns Texas State Guard

-
PREVIOUSLY:

1. Innumerable Will Be Watching

2. VIDEO: Bastrop County Texas Meeting on JH15

-
OPINION:

ADDITIONALLY:

If you just happen to run into Texas Governor Greg Abbott,

Give him a ... Texas-Hug.

edit on 28-4-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

So all these boots are going to be on the ground from July to September, eh. Getting fully use to their surroundings, locating what they think are troublemakers, figuring out who to round up in the event of a ??? financial collapse ???

Don't major financial collapses normally happen in September or October?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

So all these boots are going to be on the ground from July to September, eh. Getting fully use to their surroundings, locating what they think are troublemakers, figuring out who to round up in the event of a ??? financial collapse ???

Don't major financial collapses normally happen in September or October?

Cheers - Dave

one word. deportations.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I think we can thank TNM (Texas Nationalist Movement) for this. They strongly denounced the exercise and urged Greg Abbott to respond.

Seems like it worked!

edit on 28-4-2015 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
So now the Texas national guard will know the strategy, tactics and key targets in the event of a federal move. This is freaking hilarious.

It could get less funny real fast if the feds are ordered to remove the national guard units and the guard units have orders to stick with the feds......

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Thought you started a thread already on this a couple days ago? Oh well. I'll link this new ( already mentioned on the thread I thought you started ) ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Fixed

And Camp Swift federal penitentiary.... east of Austin where the National Guard will be at... Bastrop county...

edit on 28-4-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Edit: you're right about the Guard... not marines.
edit on 28-4-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2015 by Bigburgh because: wrong link

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
OK FW...

Read the rest of the links. So gov. Abbot seems to be watching the U.S. Army like a hawk, while at the same time ensuring the Rights and Safety of the people.

Be really weired if tensions came about between the Guard and Army.. the guard under the direction of the gov.
But Obama and Congress can override and activate the guard to full time.
I'll have to re-read to see if the governor still has the authority to tell CONGRESS and the MIGHTY PEN...... NO.

Live from Zone 3

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

THANK YOU GOVERNOR ABBOTT for doing something smart, like listening to your people who elected you.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
A rather scary thought just occurred to me. You know how Jade Helm is about "mastering the human element"? i.e - blending in with the locals. Think about that; special forces pretending to be civilians. How easy will it be for them to pull off a false flag and blame it on local militants? The confusion is bound to be epic, wondering who is who and what they might be up to.

I daresay they will have their hands full trying to monitor these Jade Helm operations. I will use the term operations until all is said and done and if no harm is done then I'll call it an exercise. We'll see how it plays out but glad to see someone in state government is going the extra mile to ensure the safety of their citizens.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
OK FW...

Read the rest of the links. So gov. Abbot seems to be watching the U.S. Army like a hawk, while at the same time ensuring the Rights and Safety of the people.

Be really weired if tensions came about between the Guard and Army.. the guard under the direction of the gov.
But Obama and Congress can override and activate the guard to full time.
I'll have to re-read to see if the governor still has the authority to tell CONGRESS and the MIGHTY PEN...... NO.

This is referring to the Texas State Guard, not the Texas National Guard. The Texas State Guard is a separate entity, and the federal govt. has no control over TSG. They answer only to the governor of the state of Texas.

Tx State Guard

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
So now the Texas national guard will know the strategy, tactics and key targets in the event of a federal move. This is freaking hilarious.

It could get less funny real fast if the feds are ordered to remove the national guard units and the guard units have orders to stick with the feds......

Not the Texas National Guard... the Texas State Guard.

They only take orders from the governor.

ETA: Sorry, didn't notice this was already posted.
edit on 4/28/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This is very interesting and shows that the governor actually listens to the concerns of his citizens. He just won some brownie points with me.

One thing's for sure, if some sort of attack occurs in any of the Jade Helm areas it's going to seem MASSIVELY suspicious.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

Thanks

I learned something.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
A rather scary thought just occurred to me. You know how Jade Helm is about "mastering the human element"? i.e - blending in with the locals. Think about that; special forces pretending to be civilians. How easy will it be for them to pull off a false flag and blame it on local militants? The confusion is bound to be epic, wondering who is who and what they might be up to.

I daresay they will have their hands full trying to monitor these Jade Helm operations. I will use the term operations until all is said and done and if no harm is done then I'll call it an exercise. We'll see how it plays out but glad to see someone in state government is going the extra mile to ensure the safety of their citizens.

I wonder how they're going to blend in well with citizens if they're going to be wearing arm bands? At least that's what they're saying.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If I lived in Amarillo...

I think I be up for a little vacation over to Clovis or Portales.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

This entire situation seems fishy to me. Military people doing exercises in public places isn't necessarily new. For example, some sort of intel exercise could be held in a public area, with no threat to anyone, and most not even being aware. Large scale operations, though, for some sort of "civil" situation, are different. It is NOT the place of the military to handle such things. They have trained for them, however. I personally know people who have. Why? No one seems to be given that information!! Lots of foreign troops involved, as well, which is even more disturbing. Now they have a large scale operation in which they are supposed to "blend in" with civilians, and the state guard is being sent to monitor? How will they do so, I wonder? It is good, possibly, that the governor in Texas is taking this seriously, but the situation seems potentially volatile, regardless. I'd have more respect of the governor said, "No, you can't do that here."

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Well, Texas is home to a lot of Military so he doesn't want to push and seem like he is anti-Army. Many people are nervous about this exercise and I am glad someone high up in-charge is there to sound the alarm. I am glad the state guard is there paying very close attention to what may happen. They may be doing more snatch and grab stunts to pull info out of Militia members and gun shop owners for a larger op in the late summer.

Then again they could be training and planning on fighting back if the south is invaded and over ran by Mexican and Chicom forces. This was the excuse pretty much given as they claimed they were training for their normal insurgency and training of local indigenous forces roles but the obvious snatch and grab stunt in Florida was something they definitely do not need training for since they have been doing that for the last 13 years overseas.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

state rights trump federal, at least that what's its suppose to be. that is what is being fought over of in legalizing pot.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I heard on talk radio in Austin (very close to Bastrop) that local landowners in Bastrop are putting up no trespassing signs on their property. Also that locals have seen a convoy of homeland security busses heading into their county. The convoy being so far ahead of the exercises might not be related but the locals are not happy about it that's for sure.

STM
edit on 29-4-2015 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Well, Texas is home to a lot of Military so he doesn't want to push and seem like he is anti-Army. Many people are nervous about this exercise and I am glad someone high up in-charge is there to sound the alarm. I am glad the state guard is there paying very close attention to what may happen. They may be doing more snatch and grab stunts to pull info out of Militia members and gun shop owners for a larger op in the late summer.

This is true. Lots of military, and lots of related civilian jobs. Plus, holding the troops responsible for the plans higher up wouldn't make much sense. I hope his actions mean he's paying attention, and isn't somehow simply adding to the mix for other reasons. I suspect the former. Some years back, I'd have said most military people wouldn't be party to such things, but a lot has changed in the military. The overall makeup of the troops is very different from what it once was. Many career soldiers are leaving, and there are a lot that are in that are not the sort of people you'd want in the military. I am not sure how they could excuse ANY action against citizens in such an exercise. I worry more about things they could do, while "blending in", that would stir up trouble, with people having no idea who was behind it.

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
Then again they could be training and planning on fighting back if the south is invaded and over ran by Mexican and Chicom forces. This was the excuse pretty much given as they claimed they were training for their normal insurgency and training of local indigenous forces roles but the obvious snatch and grab stunt in Florida was something they definitely do not need training for since they have been doing that for the last 13 years overseas.

For that to be the case, we would have to believe that the politicians at the top cared, and it seems clear that most don't. With a CIC calling for amnesty, this seems highly unlikely.

I am not sure to what incident you defer, regarding Florida. I do recall all of the gun grabbing that was done after Katrina.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join