It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is being a kid at heart healthy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
April has been a great month for kids at heart.

First there was the new star wars trailer- then there is this news that nearly made me fall of my chair.

Dragon Ball Is Getting Its First New TV Anime in 18 Years

For me this is a double shot of childhood on the rocks. Yes I am 30 years old but for some reason I got excited, but why? I have friends who won't share my excitement but will sit down and watch 'Frozen' with their children. People say I should grow up but what defines "growing up?" Everyone has their own yardstick when it comes to maturity but when it comes to dateless wonders like me who enjoy the media that is aimed at children then all bets are off since parents will enjoy similar media as I do.

Sometimes I feel like a 16 year old in a 30 year olds body at times and my family pressures me to be the catholic breeding machine that I should be. I could be but I won't because I don't want bring a child into this uncertain world and if that is a "crime" then I am more than happy to watch cartoons instead of rearing a child.

Is being a kid at heart a bad thing?

edit on 28-4-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Sometimes I feel like a 16 year old in a 30 year olds body at times and my family pressures me to be the catholic breeding machine that I should be. I could be but I won't because I don't want bring a child into this uncertain world and if that is a "crime" then I am more than happy to watch cartoons instead of rearing a child.

Is being a kid at heart a bad thing?

Personally I'm with you. I'm 10 years up on you and still think of myself as 25 years old inside my own head. I don't know if that will ever change either. I still play, watch cartoons and enjoy life and try and stay young as possible. It's all in your head actually. I've known people who are 70 that act like they are 20 still and I've seen people in their 20 that act like they're 80.

I say keep that kid in you alive as long as you can because nobody wants some crotchety old bastard around anyway. You certainly won't like it if that guy is you.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
We need to grow up and get wise sooner or later or we will keep believing all the deception that is being told to us to drain our pocketbooks.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

It really depends. I actually did not fully mature as an adult till I was in my late 20's. I was also raised a Catholic (went to Catholic school for most of my life) and my parents kept me very sheltered from the world. I didn't have my first real relationship until my late 20's and experienced actually going out there and seeing the world for the first time. Along with that came many disappointment as well. A lot of people took advantage of me. However, the only bad thing that came out of being a late bloomer was that I still behaved like a kid in an adult world, and that caused problems. I was a very selfish girl who wanted things done right away and if I didn't get it my way, I would throw tantrums. That did not sit well with others especially my much older boyfriend. And I had to learn the hard way. I grew up really fast after that (emotionally). So in perspective, it's fun to still carry that innocence no matter how old you get, but always remember that you are an adult and some kid behaviors should be left behind you.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I think it depends on how old that "kid" is.
As long as you dont act like a 16 year old kid
I dont see anything wrong with it at all.
Why would you want to be old and wise at your age?

Old no, wise yes.

You only live once my friend, enjoy
edit on 28/4/15 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Well, I'm almost 40 and I feel like I'm 12. Really. I feel like I'm playing pretend when I have to be a grown up. I have 5 kids and I enjoy it so don't think you can't have kids because you feel young. I think it helps. We all love poop and fart jokes, going to amusement parks and other kid stuff.

I think everyone feels younger than they are but maybe just different ages. Like, I feel 12 and another 40 year old might feel 20. If you figure out why, please let me know. I always try to analyze why I'm so much more immature than everyone else.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
how you feel or look like is much more important than numbers on paper.
and having a certain age doesn't mean you have to be or act a certain way.
this is your life and your body. do as you wish!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

Let me Speak for the children (almost 18)! I think its funny how you older gentlemen consider your mind young if you will.

The pressures for me to be a grown up are crushing me. With the pressures of a job and college preparations there is no time for me to be a kid. So please you guys do it for me.

Maybe we all go in cycles. Kid > adult > back to kid

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

I'm a lady not a gentleman. Most teens including my daughter are just dying to grow up and get so offended when people treat them like a child.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

As long as you dont act like a 16 year old kid I dont see anything wrong with it at all.
Why would you want to be old and wise at your age?

I'm no oxford scholar but i'm not an idiot either.

Job security is a huge issue nowadays so bringing a child of mine into the world is a huge risk, I keep getting pressured to find a partner because I am the only member of my family that is fertile. I suspect my family thinks I am gay because I don't take a partner and telling them the truth would fall on deaf ears.

'Have you met someone yet cake?'

*pauses the game* 'no'

'Oh, okay. are you a rocket scientist yet?'

'no'.

'oh, okay. You remember Lisa from...'

I swear some UFO abductions are conducted by family members who want grandchildren.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You live in your parents basement, don't you...

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
My girlfriend sure doesnt think so

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten

You live in your parents basement, don't you...

Kinda hard to do that when your parents are dead. However my apartment does look like a basement so you have got that part right.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie#
most definitely so but that is the heart, as to the mind we need to update our software and browser. There are some people out there who are very efficient at homing in on innocence and reaping benefits. So experience and awareness are important tools to manoeuvre with. If not the baby will go out the window.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I refuse to grow up and you can't make me, so there!

It's better than feeling old and worn out. I know some people that are so uptight that they squeak when they walk.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'll always have a teenager in my heart playing at being a grown up. I hit fiftyteen this January.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I think it demands context. There is a time and a place for everything and to everything there is a season - as the clichés go.

I think there is no reason to wholesale abandon the passions of your youth but you must also think of your future. If you only pursue childish things, you will be ill equipped for real life. I tend to think many millennials and younger people adopt this "YOLO" motto to their detriment. I dunno, maybe it's a nihilistic reaction to the world they are confronted with...

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

Miss,

Ive figured out that im going to miss when mommy and daddy stop paying the bills so I might aswell enjoy these years while they last.

Another part of me wants to get the #%$& out of here

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Ahhhh the YOLO crowd. I am quite too familiar.

Dont worry there is also a crowd of the younger generation that has their stuff together

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I just hope one day people will say "I bet you have a job" in a derogatory tone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join