It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Baltimore Mom Deserves A Mother of the Year Award!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
So this teenaged boy decided to go out, after school, in his "riot gear" with his face covered and acting out with his friends in Baltimore.

This is what happens when his mom catches him:

Kudos to her!

If MORE mom's and dad's actually gave a crap and did things like this, the world wouldn't be such a mess. I don't blame her ONE bit for whooping his a** on video...He's out acting like a thug and she treated him like one.

She deserves Mother of the Year, IMHO. At least in Baltimore, anyway.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
This whole thing isn't about honoring the memory of Freddie Grey it's a excuse for people to act out and be hoodlums. It's a culture of violence and ignorance. At least one parent had the ability to step up and put their kid in there place. Now if only there were more that followed suit. Civility isn't one of the back communities strong points.
edit on 28-4-2015 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

(post by lovebeck removed for a manners violation)
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Dude, check out the video. He is wearing a ski mask, and I don't see any mountains.

She was right to open up the can on him. Good job

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

He's out acting like a thug

Something we often hear parents say is "He/She is acting out" or in the uk the expression is "Acting up"
But most parents just dont understand their own langauge!
The phrase "acting out" is a very accurate and specific phrase.
If you were in a foriegn country and couldn't speak the language how would you communicate?
You would ACT OUT what you were trying to say!
ACTING OUT is what we do when we dont have the words to say what we mean!

What we see in this video (and I dont need to watch it) is a woman trying to enforce behaviour control, rather than trying to understand what is inside her childs mind!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

I agree. Good to see at least one mom who cares enough to go out and get her son off the streets.

Thanks for keeping it on topic and responding to the topic at hand...There's a lot of trolling in these Baltimore threads, obviously. *rolls eyes* *twice*

I often wonder how much one of those gigs pay? Idk if I could post THOUSANDS of times in one year though, lol!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Man that was one scary mother , i can see it now EAT YOUR GREENS .

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Geez one or two good pops would have been enough...lol...she pummeled him. Reminds me of my mom. I was spanked with a butchers knife. Talk about staying still and taking it. I can come out fine though but I'm defy afraid of silverware. Oh and once she actually tried to spank me with a loaf of bread. Needless to say my mom used whatever was in her hand at the time.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Um, ok? Not sure of your point but what I said was "acting out with his friends in Baltimore."

Your comment really has no merit, since you said you "don't need to watch it" and it is a "woman trying to enforce behavior control."

No, it is a woman who loves and cares enough for her son that she's doing what she has to in order to get him home safe and out what could have become a very dangerous and violent situation.

Anyhow, acting out is a way of describing someone behaving badly...Acting up is the same thing. It's almost 6:00 am and I'm not that worried about the literal translations of American terminology at this hour.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Jahari

Sounds like your momma didn't play! A butcher knife though?

Lol, my mom never spanked us with objects that I can remember. She had this remarkable way of jerking us up, one handed, and daring us to move. Sometimes we'd get it, most of the time she knew she had the fear of God in us and let us go, lol. Oh, the pinches if we talked during church were classic! God, I miss her.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I understand that everyone applauds this mom's actions in the video. More parents needed to be doing this last night.

But mother of the year? NO.
She raised the young man that was wearing a mask and up to no good. She gets the credit for that too.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Touche. Star for you.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Any other day, this mother would be called out for child abuse. I call this disciplining your kids when they're out of control and keeping them out of trouble. Part of the problem is our government took disciplining rights away from parents. These kids no longer fear their parents when they cross the line. This is one mother who is disciplining her kid the old fashion way. Embarrass the hell out of him and give him a good hand smack.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Mother of the year award, no.
The way she was smacking him around the head is just justifying the use of violence to get your way.

Kudos to her for actually going there and trying to get him home.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
This whole thing isn't about honoring the memory of Freddie Grey it's a excuse for people to act out and be hoodlums. It's a culture of violence and ignorance. At least one parent had the ability to step up and put their kid in there place. Now if only there were more that followed suit. Civility isn't one of the back communities strong points.

Oh really? You're labeling all black communities for the crimes of a few? That's literally bigotry, you know. And flat out racism.

Also, if there's a community or culture that isn't "civil", that would be all of American culture. Our country was founded on slavery, genocide, and mass land theft. Our government has been in a state of nearly perpetual war since it's creation. We have by far the largest incarcerated population in the world, and our police kill more Americans on American soil than terrorists do. And our political parties are always calling for wars and new attacks on any country or foreign leader we disagree with. Yet you have the audacity to call out the black communities as being uncivilized?

Do you have any idea how many civilians the US killed in the Iraq War? There were at least 150,000 murdered in the first 4 years. And that's before the US stopped officially keeping track. How many of those deaths were caused by the black community? And at least 80,000 Afghan civilians were murdered in that war, even though the Afghan people had nothing to do with 9/11. Is that civilized to you? And let's not get on the millions of civilians we killed in Vietnam & Cambodia. Or are you going to blame the African American community for that too?

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

So she was supposed to stop in the middle of a riot and have a deep philosophical discussion with him? At that moment, he didn't need Buddha he needed a boot in the ass. Yes she was trying to control his behaviour, because his behaviour was about to lead to being arrested or shot. That's really your takeaway of this video? That she needed to sit down and have a little chat with him instead of getting him out of danger and stop him from being a danger to others?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

At that moment, he didn't need Buddha he needed a boot in the ass.

Excellent.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
EVERY MOTHER IN BALTIMORE TAKE NOTE..THIS IS WHAT A DECENT MOTHER DOES WHEN HER SON SHAMES HER AND HER COMMUNITY.

In my house it was always "Wait 'til your father gets home !!"...But my mother was impatient and she reparted justice in the act..she could'nt wait for my father to get home.

What this mother has done is fantastic, she is an inspiration, a ray of hope in all the darkness that the media is feeding us.

Her son has brought shame on her and she will not tolerate what hes doing as right, because it isn't, to her community, the community of her friends and family.

Every mother should do the same to her son.

This guy will be the laughing stock of " 'da hood" for years to come, his shame and humiliation will never end.

These people want respect, well to get it, you've got to give it.

She's got my respect, if she wants it or not.

edit on AM2Tue20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Oh really? You're labeling all black communities for the crimes of a few? That's literally bigotry, you know. And flat out racism.

Also, if there's a community or culture that isn't "civil", that would be all of American culture. Our country was founded on slavery, genocide, and mass land theft. Our government has been in a state of nearly perpetual war since it's creation. We have by far the largest incarcerated population in the world, and our police kill more Americans on American soil than terrorists do. And our political parties are always calling for wars and new attacks on any country or foreign leader we disagree with. Yet you have the audacity to call out the black communities as being uncivilized?

Do you have any idea how many civilians the US killed in the Iraq War? There were at least 150,000 murdered in the first 4 years. And that's before the US stopped officially keeping track. How many of those deaths were caused by the black community? And at least 80,000 Afghan civilians were murdered in that war, even though the Afghan people had nothing to do with 9/11. Is that civilized to you? And let's not get on the millions of civilians we killed in Vietnam & Cambodia. Or are you going to blame the African American community for that too?

I suppose that outburst was predictable, given wantsome's remarks.

However, I am not sure how laundry-listing things that are not the responsibility of the "black community" somehow negates the argument/statement that "civility isn't one of the back communities strong points" - whether or not you agree with the premise.

Nice rant though...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join