It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Baltimore Riots causing more racism?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Jahari

I am not going to get drawn into an argument with you. Like I said, I have seen you on other threads doing these exact same things.

If you can't even spot your own spelling errors, how can you understand something that requires actual intelligence?

You do realize phones/computers have SPELL CHECK...right?!?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
You cannot create racism, it's there already.

These types of actions only justifies the preconceived stereotypes that a racist already has. They focus on the actions of the few and judge an entire race based on them.

The protests started out non violent then the idiots got involved. If you condemned the entire race for those idiots than you are a racist.

There is no justification for what those idiots are doing that is a fact but it is also a fact that all blacks don't agree with the violent outburst by the morons.

If you think in anyway this creates racism, I have news for you..you already had it and were just looking for a reason to justify it.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

If you have to attack someones spelling that only makes you look like you have a weak argument.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

If rioting like this becomes common place the white guilt that has been the root of many problems will finally thankfully vanish. It is time to see things for what they really are.....Cue curtain.........

Who gives a crap what color you are......Who gives a crap if you are gay......Who gives a crap if you are a minority...........We are all equal under the constitution.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Of course it's causing more Racism

Fear becomes Violence Violence begets more Fear.

Rioting can only cause problems.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3
a reply to: Jahari

I am not going to get drawn into an argument with you. Like I said, I have seen you on other threads doing these exact same things.

If you can't even spot your own spelling errors, how can you understand something that requires actual intelligence?

You do realize phones/computers have SPELL CHECK...right?!?

You've accused me of being unintelligent, a racist and some sort of antagonist. All from one post?
If you actually read what I posted it says the words are auto corrected as I type. Spell check? What kind of phone do you have? Anyway, that has nothing to do with your op. I dont want to derail your thread Or is my misspelling causing more racism....well in you obviously. Generally if I don't share the same opinion as someone else it usually don't equate to being in a argument. I have my own opinion on things but in this case its a fact racism is here and will be here long after we're gone. In all this you've never posted answers to your own questions.

Do you think the riots are causing more racism?
Do you think an all black police force wold help?

Pleas don't reply to anything other then those question in a attempt to get "your" thread back on track.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

So if a parent who doesn't like law enforcement raises their kid to fear them for no reason is not creating racism?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

So if a parent who doesn't like law enforcement raises their kid to fear them for no reason is not creating racism?

That's a excellent point. I guess that is where racism is actually created. However, those parents were already gonna pass on their stereotypes and racist viewz to their kids. That's why it still exist today after centuries. Creating racism in the sense the op is asking is adults able to follow current events seeing the news of the riots and somehow become more or newly racist (not sure how it works). I hear this saying all the time. "Well all people are racist to a certain degree." No they aren't! I can say I'm am not in no way a racist. Read the definition below and ask yourself (i know u didnt state it but its been said a few times on here) if you think all people are racist cause theres no being a little racist.

rac·ism
ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-
noun
: poor treatment of or violence against people because of their race
: the belief that some races of people are better than others
Full Definition
1 :a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 :racial prejudice or discrimination

edit on 28-4-2015 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Lastly, are these "protests" and riots creating more sympathy for blacks from non blacks...or are they causing more non blacks to be racist towards blacks?

No doubt. They're only enforcing a stereotype that blacks are violent and police have every reason to use deadly force when dealing with them. You're not going to get sympathy from the public by rioting, attacking innocent people on the street and burning down businesses. Your cause for protesting will be ignored and eventually the public will rally behind the police.

Congratulations, they're justifying police brutality. Ignorance.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Why would a parent cause their kid to fear a system that has become judge, jury and executioner in far to many cases?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
i would say no, Baltimore is not causing racism. the media on the other hand, yes they go out of their way to cause racism. the media learned with rodney king if you leave out facts and provoke stereotypes the story gets much bigger and goes on longer. don't believe me then ask your self the question who were the other 2 men in the car with rodney king? these stories are to bring out the worst of our society.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Neither Ferguson, nor Baltimore were about race.

In Ferguson, a cop shot a suspect who had: just committed a robbery, had grabbed for his gun (shots going off in the process), then failed to comply with the officer. Color is irrelevant here. Wouldn't have mattered. Same actions would have the same result.

In Baltimore, the suspect was taken down by several cops, some black, and with a largely black police force, chief, and mayor. It's ridiculous to even discuss race here. The cops somewhat dropped the ball here, which is a big difference than Ferguson, but had nothing to do with race.

Both were just excuses to riot, by people looking for any excuse to take out frustrations. Just takes a few instigators, for the other folks who feel disenfranchised to then fall into it.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: cancerslug
i would say no, Baltimore is not causing racism. the media on the other hand, yes they go out of their way to cause racism. the media learned with rodney king if you leave out facts and provoke stereotypes the story gets much bigger and goes on longer. don't believe me then ask your self the question who were the other 2 men in the car with rodney king? these stories are to bring out the worst of our society.

Can't blame the media they aren't the ones on the street looting and torching buildings. That's a cop out of course they are only going to mention the ones nit acting peaxefully. How would that report look while looters were sacking the CVS There were these fou r guys on the corner doing nothing. Aparently being hungry went home to eat.

Your trying to claim the media is at fault?? They had coverage on the funeral. They spoke to his sister who condemned the violence. They had members of the black community on discussing why this is happeneing. What is the media supposed to do that catches so much ire from you.Truth is the black community has a big problem with troubled youth. They are literally out of control have little to no parental supervision. And have gone to riots and flash mobs because they enjoy getting stuff for them Without thinking of the consequences to the community. Look at the CVS I'm sure alot of ederly depended in that pharmacy for medications. Now until they clean it up those people have to go outside their community to get medications. These kids didn't think at all about anything but there selves. And don't believe this is about a protest it's simply an excuse.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3
Are you saying that these 15-18 year old Baltimore high school kids are in the CIA/FBI?

you don't have to be IN the CIA or FBI to be used by the CIA or FBI to further their goals. only an idiot would think they are employed by the CIA in any way. what most likely happened is the CIA started the social media campaign that started the whole thing. once they ruffled some feathers, suggest a few ideas, they can step back and let the useful idiots take the reigns. maybe one masked agent provocateur dressed in all black to get things started, and one the ball is roll its will feed on its own negative energy.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Your example is the evidence of what im referring to.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Do these people "on the fence" see these horrible things going on in Baltimore and feel sympathy for blacks?

It depends on their personal history. I'm a psychologist so I see this from a 'systems' perspective.

When you take someones personal history and current network of relationships, some people will be drawn towards racist thinking while other people will think about the contextual factors that induce these responses. It is ultimately a matter of knowledge: what do you know? If people know better, they'll overlook the imminent facts of 'black people rioting' and reason along the lines I did above: social factors and unrectified historical evils induce these sorts of behaviors.

You'll probably find the latter response more commonly amongst conservatives - or people who doubt, deny or for whatever reason are skeptical of the influence of social forces on human development. Of course that position is scientifically untenable; but it's still a reality in our world.

Lastly, do you think an all black Baltimore police department would change anything, and why?

No. Why all black? A police department, like a government, should try to be representative of the community it represents.

I try not to see things in terms of race, but in a world where some races find themselves in the gutter while others live more comfortably in the suburbs, its important for the public good that where ever 'power' is held, it be concordant with the ethnic demographics of the wider public.

Unless Baltimore is all black (which it isn't) turning the police department into an all black department will not help, but will likely provoke racist thinking both in blacks and other ethnic groups.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Of course it's about race.

When you factor in the social dynamics, or more generally, the concept of "system dynamics" i.e. science, you can leave the cocoon of naivety where people don't affect one another (which is absolutely false from a biological, psychological and sociological perspective) to the reality that different racial groups since the slave era have assumed different positions in society.

It's about feedback loops. If you really just pay attention to the complexity of human development, such as attachment theory and developmental psychology studies, it can be seen how the "need for coherence" every individual has will stabilize a "world" that is socially created in every generation.

But with disparate economic opportunities different 'worlds' form. The abuse and trauma in lower income social sectors basically keeps in place a way of seeing the world that differs from groups who grow up in higher-income communities. What complicates these processes and what makes them practically "automatic" is the effect early-life experiences shape epigenetic-genetic regulation of the nervous system. The "meanings" for a black kid in Baltimore are not the same as the meanings developed by a middle class white kid from Kentucky. The 'worlds' they enter are different, because the histories of the worlds they enter are different.

Hence, my point about the slave era. Nothing has ever been done to compensate for this developmental delay. All that was given was 'freedom', but other areas were systematically 'cut-off' by residual racism. Eventually resentment forms and a suite of different emotions and different ways of relating to the world cause one group to live a life where crime is felt to be the only option whereas the other group is trained to see the world completely differently.

A libertarian, "pull your self up from your bootstraps" way of seeing things is a narcissistic delusion completely contradicted by what scientific research into brain, mind and social development indicates. Yet I wont imagine this will change, because, just as blacks from low-income areas like Baltimore, Ferguson and elsewhere are "locked" into a positive feedback (self reinforcing system), you too are under the deranged belief that people are responsible for where they are rather than being where they are because of the relationships they formed, meanings they formed, and the brains they've come to develop.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
As for the media, later interviews with gang members support the footage.
Seems they united to prevent the violence, vs. to go after police.

At least according to some members who were interviewed by local press.

At some point, the government and the media need to really drive the point across that there is NO VALID EXCUSE to riot like this.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
nvm.
edit on 28-4-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join