It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peoples Protest! | May 2nd | Parliament Square!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Good luck guys. It's good to talk about these things but to get off your arse and make your voice heard is commendable

I went to the g20 in 2008. It was enough to put me off protesting again. You are left to feel hopeless and powerless especially when you get kettled and can't get out of any of the exists. You just have to wait it out, needing a pee and wanting to get home. Still an experience worth having

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Did you mean the G20 London 2009?
I was there, and kettled at the Climate Camp protest.
RIP Ian Tomlinson who died that day.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Good luck guys. It's good to talk about these things but to get off your arse and make your voice heard is commendable

I went to the g20 in 2008. It was enough to put me off protesting again. You are left to feel hopeless and powerless especially when you get kettled and can't get out of any of the exists. You just have to wait it out, needing a pee and wanting to get home. Still an experience worth having

The kettling was what I was worrying about most! Would suck to miss the last train home and get stuck in London where you'd be lucky to get a hotel for less than 100 quid for the night.

I just watched footage of the kettling you were talking about looked pretty crazy!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
Would suck to miss the last train home and get stuck in London where you'd be lucky to get a hotel for less than 100 quid for the night.
There are a few 24hr McD's in central London, where you can keep warm with a crap coffee.
That was my plan if I'd been able to make it and got stuck.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: TechUnique
Would suck to miss the last train home and get stuck in London where you'd be lucky to get a hotel for less than 100 quid for the night.
There are a few 24hr McD's in central London, where you can keep warm with a crap coffee.
That was my plan if I'd been able to make it and got stuck.

Will bare that in mind, could come in handy!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique
I couldn't physically do it again. It's all very frustrating and the coppers were proper scary, not like your Bobby on the beat. More proper hard blokes who don't like protesters

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Lol, who would have thought that a multinational like McD's could help protesters? I've sat my sorry arse overnight in one before now waiting for the first train back to freedom.
Of course, if it kicks off bad near one then they will close for the night so I hope such events do not transpire while you are there!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Having recently had an operation I daren't go but I wish anyone who does all the best and am sorry I won't be there. It would have been worth travelling for.I notice that on odd news stations they are reporting a lot of protests around Europe and across the Pond that don't make our news.

I suspect we are not the only ones with issues with our politicians. I intend giving a mouthful when I vote in the general election to the minions in their party colours who grin like cheshire cats when one goes past them into the voting station. (I have no shame about giving my opinion to those who think the two major parties are worth voting for, and sheltering paedophiles will be just one of the things that I intend to snarl about. Being on crutches means I can probably give it a good go. Like most people I have simply had enough of the lot of them and feel protest, even at grass root level, if it makes people uncomfortable, its damn well necessary today.

I honestly can see people when kettled and needing the loo simply pe-ing into bottles/recepticles and then emptying them over the nearest and dearest police officer who thinks kettling is a good example of observing the public's right to protest. I also think long walking sticks to keep the police back from arms length with their trunction swinging is going to be the thing for the future. Naturally I believe in the right to wear a funny mask is a public right. Lets face it the police have a dirty history of going in for battle against unarmed public protesters so why shouldn't the public mask up and take precautionary measures. Receptacles are not weapons and we all need a good, long walking stick to support standing when kettled. Masks simply because if I cannot photo the police, they don't have my permission to photo me.

Reading through to check my spelling etc I am terribly saddened to remember some of the filming of how the police today deal with public protest. There was a time when one could walk through bearing your banner with pride and virtually no interference from the police. Sadly things have deteriorated so much and the police seem to be recruiting thugs today and ex army types, who for all the public know could well be traumatised from serving abroad etc. Unless things change its going to get worse and worse. However with our current crop of politicians this country is already in the drain and people won't tolerate much more in the way of unfair cuts, whilst the rich get richer.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I honestly think the police are told to scare and hurt people to stop people using their right to protest. I know they were even training up prison officers to get stuck in alongside the police against public protestors. Its probably because our dissatisfaction and the ability to communicate so much easier with each other and people of like minds, makes the public considerably more dangerous to the elite.

I understand there are slyly huge changes being made to our constitution which if cameron gets his way and we get locked into europe will alter our country for ever. Everything is being fought for at the moment and its up for grabs who will win. If the population is seriously unhappy, its very hard to govern which was something margaret thatcher feared with the miners years ago when she claimed our country was ungovernable.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Was pretty epic! I'm knackered. Hopefully have a little bit of footage up tonight but can't promise anything. Should have a few different vids from all the footage I got but I promise to have something up by Monday maybe Sunday

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Hi Tech sorry I've been missing in this thread. I didn't manage to get the night off work which I'm peed off with. Just wanted to ask .. How busy was it ? Just curious to know as on my news apps on my phone there was no mention of tonight and the protests. If there's a good example of controlled media this has to be it

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for future demos and then hopefully I'll be able to get to some
all the best mate look forward to your vids

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker

Hi Tech sorry I've been missing in this thread. I didn't manage to get the night off work which I'm peed off with. Just wanted to ask .. How busy was it ? Just curious to know as on my news apps on my phone there was no mention of tonight and the protests. If there's a good example of controlled media this has to be it

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for future demos and then hopefully I'll be able to get to some
all the best mate look forward to your vids

No worries man! It wasn't huge but people did cause quite a stir and there was a massive police presence. I'm rendering a sneak preview as we speak and then from tomorrow I'm going to be working on a proper film. I'd say in total there were a couple of hundred people marching or so, there might have been more but its hard to tell when you're in the midst of it.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Sneak preview is here in another ATS thread guys

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The full film is here guys, please watch it and tell me what you think

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join