It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peoples Protest! | May 2nd | Parliament Square!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There will be a big protest going on in the first week or so of May, but the main event will be on the 2nd.

For those of you who can't watch the video, here is a transcript.

Are you feeling Disillusioned with British Politics?
Have you had enough of all the lies and scandals?
It seems as though our country is hanging off the edge of a precipice. Growing numbers of people are having to rely on food banks, and many people have to make a choice between paying for their rent, or for their food. Our free national health service is on the brink of extinction, through full privatisation and soon we will have to pay for basic care, something everyone should get as a basic human right.

There are growing numbers of homeless people and growing numbers of children living in poverty. Energy giants want to bring dangerous shale gas extraction methods to the UK which could put the health of our entire nation at risk.

Child sex abusers in positions of power, and influence, are left un prosecuted and their crimes are often covered up until they are dead.

Politicians get away with spending tax payers money on ridiculous things even though they get paid enough as it is, in spite of this they still like to attack those who actually have to rely on tiny benefit payments just to get by.

Dis abled people are often pushed to the side and in some cases even left to die. The reality of the last 5 years of British politics has been dire.

Do you appose the MP expenses scandal? What about the child abuse coverups, or the big NHS sell off?
Whatever protest subject matters to you the most, try to make it to London Parliament square on May the second at 11 30 AM, for the peoples protest. This is our chance to make our voices heard before the general election.

There needs to be a radical change in British politics and it needs to happen now.

Check the video description for details of the events in May and share this video with everyone you know who may be effected by these issues.

I will be filming the event so subscribe to my channel if you want updates.

It's time we made our voices heard.

It should be quite epic given the current disdain for politicians in the UK at the moment, and also because of us being right on the cusp of a general election.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique
Ah, I wish I'd known about this earlier as I'm up for a bit of civil disobedience and protest at our government.
It's a £100 return train ticket for me though, and I'm working Saturday, although I could swap the job with someone else, I can't cover the total £200+ overall cost it will end up working out this week.
Another time.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Ah, I wish I'd known about this earlier as I'm up for a bit of civil disobedience and protest at our government.
It's a £100 return train ticket for me though, and I'm working Saturday, although I could swap the job with someone else, I can't cover the total £200+ overall cost it will end up working out this week.
Another time.

Shame man would have been good to have you there! I can only just about manage it to be honest and its only £40 for a return for me.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It would be interesting, but nobody will listen anyway.
these types of protests never gain any positive outcome.

Nobody listens...

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I'm a bit gutted now to be honest the more I think about it, I know we've crossed swords on the forums over the years but none of that matters to me, it's just debate about different things. I'd have definitely PM'd you from my phone to see if you fancied hooking up in person about stuff we share the same passion for.

Same with our resident Muslim member from London if he was up for it, that would make for an amazing thread I reckon, the 3 of us sharing a protest where we agree about the same issues, although it does sound a bit like the start of a joke... There was this Atheist guy, Christian guy, and Muslim guy at a protest in London...

Well done for going on Saturday man

edit on 27.4.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I'm a bit gutted now to be honest the more I think about it, I know we've crossed swords on the forums over the years but none of that matters to me, it's just debate about different things. I'd have definitely PM'd you from my phone to see if you fancied hooking up in person about stuff we share the same passion for.

Same with our resident Muslim member from London if he was up for it, that would make for an amazing thread I reckon, the 3 of us sharing a protest where we agree about the same issues, although it does sound a bit like the start of a joke... There was this Atheist guy, Christian guy, and Muslim guy at a protest in London...

Well done for going on Saturday man

Haha epic! No hard feelings man
Same goes for anyone on this site for the most part.

I would be up for meeting with charliespiers(the muslim dude) if he is on it. There are other ATS members around London I'm sure. OneManArmy is another that springs to mind.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
It would be interesting, but nobody will listen anyway.
these types of protests never gain any positive outcome.

Nobody listens...
That will never stop me shouting.
When nobody shouts is the moment we have lost.

Many interesting folk on ATS who I would love to meet sharing passion in protest. As I said, even when I've crossed swords about particular discussions with other members, none of that matters if we're protesting together.

Just looked to see the horror of the bus trip, it's around half price of the train, and an overnight Friday bus getting to London Victoria in time for breakfast, then an overnight bus the same getting home in time for a bacon butty.
Hmm... gonna have to do some thinking, I'll get back to you, but I do also make impulse decisions big time as well, so a last minute decision Friday night may see me in London on Saturday morning.
...gotta do some sums
edit on 27.4.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Power to the people!
Is it likely to be a balaclava type event, the kind that you don't want the cops to film you?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Well if you think you can make a difference, I say go for it. good luck.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Cheers Daz, it's more about me knowing I tried to make difference in every protest I've been to.
I'm clearly quite opinionated from my post history
but I am also no stranger to direct action, civil disobedience, and protest where issues matter to me.
If I manage to attend, I certainly won't be smashing any windows, or violently attack anything or person, and I hope the same mindset is shared by everyone there. It would be naive of me not to expect that a small element could cause unhelpful trouble though.
edit on 27.4.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Yea, that's the thing, no matter the good cause, the media will always spin it and focus on the minority who get violent and fight the police.

Hopefully if you decide to go everything goes nice and smoothly, and I hope the word is spread to more people.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well you guys got me out of hibernation. For a while.

& made me blush.

If I'm not busy that day I'll pm you.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

If you do change your mind let me know man! I will be reaching parliament square at about 11:15 if all goes to plan, 11:30 at the latest. I am not going as a protester just as media. If # kicks off, which it could well do, then I need to be able to film it without getting mullered by police and/or protesters.

Private message me closer to the time and we can chat on Skype or Facebook or whatever. I'm gonna contact a couple people from this site and see if they want to come. Would be cool to have an ATS crew there!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Badman ting! Let me know closer to the time man, I'm not always on ATS but I check my PMs fairly often. Would be awesome if you could make it mate.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: supamoto
Power to the people!
Is it likely to be a balaclava type event, the kind that you don't want the cops to film you?

There will no doubt be a lot of people in masks. Personally thats not my thing I'd rather be straight up with things and put my name/face to them. A message is more powerful when there is an actual person behind it.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'm a short hop on the train (30mins) from London and bloody typical I'm at work .. I hate working Saturdays. Otherwise I'd be down in London for a protest. I recently missed the anonymous protest about the child abuse that's been going on and the lack of investigating and constant 'losing' of evidence regarding the matter

I'm beginning to grow sick and tired of this country and government. I also now refuse to vote as well because quite frankly the main 2 parties are just the same. Feed us all with nice hearing BS and then change it all when they get in power

I feel a sick day coming on just so I can go
edit on 27-4-2015 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Maybe us ATSers can meet up somewhere

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
Maybe us ATSers can meet up somewhere

Haha go onnn pull a sickie

We could all meet parliament square and I guess we could use me as the meeting point? I'll be the guy in the high vis with a camera. You can check what I look like from my other videos on YouTube. I'm thinking about bringing a few drinks up for myself as well, I don't wanna get lairy or anything just have a couple cans

We could all hang out afterwards maybe, could be a laugh!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'll have to watch the videos to pick you out but is assume a lot of people will be wearing hi viz. by all means I have no intent to get lairy ive never understood on riots why people smash up their own city/towns and then wonder why their local greggs isn't open the next morning while the staff dust off the Belgium buns from all the glass on them

I'll keep and eye on this thread and maybe if i put it in the pipeline now with my boss I might be able to get the day off.
A few cans hmmm sounds good .. The odd smoke for me maybe lol

Anyways yeh I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what happens and to keep tabs on yourself and others n see what's happening

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I have 100 aussie dollars that says even if 1 million show up only Al Jazeera and Russia Today will give it more than a passing moment airtime,your country is beyond caring what the peons think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join