It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore Mayor Gave Rioters 'Space To Destroy'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
The looters are just victims of an unfair criminal justice system.

They are owed.

Bunch of racist haters here!

The only victims of the criminal justice system are the ones that can't afford to get appropriate representation nor have key contacts or money to influence. Color and race has little to do with it.

The racists one, are the ones that feel that they ARE OWED. What are they owed and who owes them and to what end will it be even steven?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The point is this.

The mayor who seems like a nice lady must understand that even if she is going to do this

YOU CAN’T SAY IT OPENLY IN A PRESS CONFERENCE

Keep it quiet

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The point is this.

The mayor who seems like a nice lady must understand that even if she is going to do this

YOU CAN’T SAY IT OPENLY IN A PRESS CONFERENCE

Keep it quiet

You have a point.

Her statement can be interpreted as.

Come to Baltimore, riot, loot, hurt people
nothing will happen to you, have fun
blow off a little steam.

I can see how the "angry" in Baltimore will see her statement as an invitation to riot and loot with impunity.

But others are correct too, if police had become involved, well the nation would be in an uproar.

So I suppose one city has to sacrifice itself as the come and blow off steam and get a free pass zone.

Sucks to be Baltimore. No ones choice of destination for as long as she is mayor. I'd cancel any and all conventions and events if I scheduled them in Baltimore during her tenure.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
a reply to: IAMTAT

This tells you what you needed to know:

Stephanie C. Rawlings-Blake (born March 17, 1970) is an American politician and the 49th and current Mayor of Baltimore City. She is the second woman to hold the office. A member of the Democratic Party, she currently serves as secretary of the Democratic National Committee (DNC)[1] and Vice President of the U.S. Conference of Mayors.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

Was there ever a question really as to her political affiliation?

I am curious about how you link her political affiliation to the decision that she made.

edit on 27-4-2015 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Doesnt matter, someone's home, business is destroyed. Are YOU gonna pay for the damages? Is this moron mayor??

I'm pretty sure that is what insurance is for.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

It is Obama's JOB as president to calm the population in times of crisis.

He failed to do his JOB
by not getting on the TV and radio etc., which would only have taken a few minutes out of his HungerGames Elite Ball to call for calm.

As a Black leader in particular he had the responsibility to calm the rioters, he did not have to come out in favor of anyone, or bash anyone, he could have just called for calm and a promise like he did with "Hands Up Don't Shoot" riots that the justice department would get involved.

Just a heads up, but as someone who is living in Baltimore, our city isn't being torn apart at the seems. Just about everyone is going about their work day business today with no problems. So what exactly should Obama have said that would have changed anything?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Doesnt matter, someone's home, business is destroyed. Are YOU gonna pay for the damages? Is this moron mayor??

Insurance costs are passed on to the consumer, you.

There is no freebee here, plus the owners have deductible's they have to pay.

What if someone blew off steam and wreaked your car, and the police stood by and watched and did nothing.

Who cares, you got insurance right?

Who cares about your deductible?

Who cares that you are without transportation while it gets fixed?

Who cares if it is totaled and you don't get enough money to replace it with as good a vehicle.

Who cares if your rates go up because your insurance company has no one to go after to pay for the damage,
and you live in a riot and loot infested zone?

So what? That's what insurance is for, right?

We must not enrage the rioters by stopping them in the middle of their temper tantrums,
after all temper tantrums are to be expected these days by the oppressed.
They just can't be expected to control themselves and be peaceful, that is
too much to expect, isn't it, poor babies.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

It is Obama's JOB as president to calm the population in times of crisis.

He failed to do his JOB
by not getting on the TV and radio etc., which would only have taken a few minutes out of his HungerGames Elite Ball to call for calm.

As a Black leader in particular he had the responsibility to calm the rioters, he did not have to come out in favor of anyone, or bash anyone, he could have just called for calm and a promise like he did with "Hands Up Don't Shoot" riots that the justice department would get involved.

Just a heads up, but as someone who is living in Baltimore, our city isn't being torn apart at the seems. Just about everyone is going about their work day business today with no problems. So what exactly should Obama have said that would have changed anything?

How about, stop behaving like infants having a temper tantrum.

Act like adults worthy of respect, protest peacefully and you will be taken seriously.

Riot and you will be seen as little out of control children.

Except, worded nicely.

Obama is a black leader, and he is the leader of the US, and it IS his job to keep domestic tranquility. It's in the constitution.
It is NOT his job to party HungerGames Elite style, while one of his cities is being destroyed by rioting.

I would not want to live in Baltimore now, nor would I visit it as a tourist this summer, and I would discourage everyone from going there as too dangerous.

The gangs have decided to "get the police" washington.cbslocal.com...

The riots have kicked up again. www.baltimoresun.com...

And the mayor is treating the protesters like little out of control children having a temper tantrum, rather than asking them to be adults and protest peacefully.

edit on 3Mon, 27 Apr 2015 15:07:17 -0500pm42704pmk271 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Exactly. Who cares? No one. That is how life works. # happens, then you deal with it.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

He said nothing and the situation is under control. Good enough for me. Why put the windbag on tv more than necessary? Methinks that if he HAD said something, you'd be yelling about whatever he said instead.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

He said nothing and the situation is under control. Good enough for me. Why put the windbag on tv more than necessary? Methinks that if he HAD said something, you'd be yelling about whatever he said instead.

The people who are rioting and tearing up Baltimore police cars, throwing rocks at the police, don't really seem to fit the "situation is under control" statement. Watching it LIVE right now.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

It is far from under control.

Have you looked at the TV news recently.

It is ongoing and increasing in intensity.

If Obama finally became a real black leader and national leader and spoke out I would not condemn him, but say, finally, he's doing the JOB the people hired him to do.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer
Your statement and the mindset it takes to formulate this response is the reason this country is crumbling under the weight of its own idiocy.

Congrats.

Sorry more beer, no it's not. Riots are the REACTION to the country crumbling under the weight of it's own idiocy. Riots aren't causing the country to crumble. Crooked politicians, bad economics, abuse of power, out of control government spending on non-essential issues - those idiocies are causing the country to crumble.

Funny, I've been yard working outside all day, fixing the barn etc. I come back in to check ATS and the news and all hell has broken loose. Welcome back to reality. I think I'll go mow now.
edit on 27-4-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Exactly. Who cares? No one. That is how life works. # happens, then you deal with it.

Who cares?

How about the people who live in the neighborhood where the worst of the rioting is happening right now, this very moment. They are looking out their windows at the rioting in the streets below and at their vehicles parked on the street and watching the looting and burning - yes burning - I'm seeing it live on TV right now.

So you want to tell those people watching their neighborhood burn, # happens, deal with it? How heartless can one person be?

I just saw them destroy cars of people who live in the neighborhood,
I just saw them steal a van that belongs to people who live in the neighborhood,
Do you say to these people, tough, stuff happens, deal with it?
What would you say if it was your neighborhood burning, your car burning, your car being destroyed?
Just think, do you really want to be a heartless .......

edit on 4Mon, 27 Apr 2015 16:03:06 -0500pm42704pmk271 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer
a reply to: Willtell

Which one is the Minister of Representin?

Racist remark.. Subtle.. well played.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Not all business insurance policies cover riots but if I had a business, because of these riots in the recent past, I'd make damn sure my policy covered riots or switch to a policy that did.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Live video: Protesters and police clash in Baltimore - NBC is carrying it.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

It is a reference to the movie Idiocracy which I mention in the rest of my post which you conveniently edited out.

Look at all of those people and tell me how many look like upstanding citizens? 1. Maybe 2.

The truth hurts.

Maybe this disgraceful riot will open the nations eyes to the inner city problems.

There is a reason police use the tactics they do. When you deal with people who act no better than animals on a lot of occasions you have to use methods that work.

The police aren't the problem. The problem is inner city thug culture that celebrates violence and criminals. These people cry injustice while destroying the property of others. Cry racism while being even more racist themselves.

Absolutely disgusting.

edit on 27-4-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
They have looted a CVS and the Baltimore cops did nothing.

The CVS is plucked like a chicken…

Now whoever owns that CVS is going to sue the city and get paid well.

All they have to do is show the youtube where the mayor telling the people to find a place were we’ll let you destroy.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The only way they’ll stop this riot is if the rioters start going to the white community

And dig this:

This is the day the new attorney General is sworn in!

This is good old America…home of the free and the brave

I bet you a dime to a dollar the cops in Baltimore are guarding certain neighborhoods and letting some burn

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join