It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rival Gangs Enter Partnership to Assassinate Baltimore Police Officers (updated 3x)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

#copaganda ...

that's gold.

ETA: Apparently that's not a new thing. I don't know how I missed it.

edit on 4/27/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

We've had camera phones capable of recording video for years now, why the sudden uptick in these altercations on the news?

I didn't see this many in rapid fire succession 3-4 years ago...

Remember, Youtube is now over 10 years old...

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Not so easy to obtain though... it's only been a few years since poor people had cheaper access to them as well as the internet.

And the bad cop no donut thing did start about 10 years ago.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Virgil Cain
See, that is why I am leaning twards believing this is complete BS.

Sunday morning, I caught a news story, that talked about the people starting the trouble, but they showed protesters actually STOPPING some of the people causing damage.
Do you think I can find that report anywhere? I've spent most of the day looking.

But it would be bad for most media, and the spin if what I saw was true.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

It just never ends. I almost get the feeling that somebody is behind the scenes stirring things up with these protests. How many does this make in the last year or so?

I definitely get that feeling. I strongly feel that legitimate issues and protests are being twisted, tweaked and twerked to create false impressions -- and therefore opinions -- and to obtain... what??? That I don't know.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

If they put up a false report of a gang threat, it's not going to end well. On one end it might be true and a bloody battle breaks out, two they made a fake report and are found to be lying. Which won't help their rep' with the public.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Thank God GWB started giving out Obama Phones, right?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Well, doesn't everyone know that OWS (occupy wall street) was infiltrated, taken over and pretty much made ineffective?

We know the FBI "helps" people who seem to lean toward criminal behavior, just to later snatch them up to say, "Ta-da! We caught one!"

I'll say it again: beware of "new" friends that seem more radical than you, you never know...

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So the murderous pigs want to use this as an 'opportunity' to further militarize themselves, to wage war on the gangs ..
They don't miss any chance they get .. do they ..
Rather than reform their behavior, they will now get more heavy weapons to use against the public ..

edit on 4/27/2015 by junglimogli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Not that I am in any way condoning this, but at least it is more connected to what the rioters are supposedly pissed off about than looting, smashing storefronts, and burning down buildings that have absolutely no connection to the BPD is. Nothing says "I'm mad at a very specific group of people" more than directly targeting everyone except the group you're mad at.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

If the federal government had prioritized correctly and dealt with this major issue before it would not have reached boiling point like this.

There are three things in the US which risk a major situation of unrest - Race, Politics and Religion.

These three things are the focus of radical thought in your country, with race and politics leading. Religion can take a back seat, but race and politics cant. They've continuously failed to do anything to resolve these massive problems, while knowing that economic hardship also radicalizes people.

The very least your government should have done was act to prevent miscarriage of justice when it was clear that the race issue was becoming prominent.

The moment people started marching in Ferguson the government should have mobilized to rectify the problem, talking about "hopes" and "plans" is not good enough. This was ready to boil over already and it seems the US government was just sitting back and saying "we'll have a look at this, when we get time".

What should the government have done?

1. A federal law requiring citizen review panels for every police force in the country, for every injury or death at the hands of an officer to be investigated openly and thoroughly in association with a board of citizens of that community.

2. Immediate federal investigation of any police department where the death of a citizen occurs.

3. Immediate suspension and investigation of anyone found to be making inappropriate statements regarding those they are supposed to be serving in their community.

There's plenty more, but you get the idea of the things they didn't even start on.

Unfortunately, this is also another example of how modern technology is uncovering problems that really need to be dealt with. Twenty years ago millions of people would not have known about the death of a man in custody, and if they did they would have no idea of how common it is. Now we have social media to tell us all when something has happened, and it's exposing the severity of a problem that was never dealt with.

This is how revolutions started in several other countries, with people finding out the severity of corruption, or the lack of democracy, or the excessive force of the state... The Egyptian government didn't become more corrupt and abusive toward its people only in the last ten years, the people just found out how severe the problem was - thanks to the internet. That's what led to the Egyptian revolution, and that's exactly what we are seeing in our own societies.

We no longer have the local media telling us what happened down the street last night, we have Twitter telling us what's happening all over the world every day, tailored to our specific interests.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: ArchangelOger

Stevie Wonder could see this coming.
Cheers.

No he couldn't. he is blind. I'm just saying. OOOOO I get it!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This are not good news at all, regardless of what is going on, beside police been targeted due to what the public see as brutality and excessive police force ending in death citizens, nothing good is going to come out of all this.

The government will always find a way to exploit certain events for more power.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Boadicea

Well, doesn't everyone know that OWS (occupy wall street) was infiltrated, taken over and pretty much made ineffective?

We know the FBI "helps" people who seem to lean toward criminal behavior, just to later snatch them up to say, "Ta-da! We caught one!"

I'll say it again: beware of "new" friends that seem more radical than you, you never know...

Excellent advice. I shall remember that.

Thank you!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's about 3pm now, when the BPD was expecting things to start according to their message to the college. As any one heard any thing yet? Public shooting come up in the media really fast so I don't think there should be to much a delay in this. Also from what I know of the gangs involved I don't see them backing down just cause the police know.

Well might get to see Rome burn on the 4 o'clock news.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

It's like the plot from The Warriors.

Can you dig it?

Nope. Not like this.

The gangs in The Warriors just beat each other up. Not drive-by assassinations.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I wouldn't bet against the cops and whichever allies they might bring to the field.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
That's some picture; gangs liberating inmates and arming them, going against police and probably armed citizens, if it all comes to that. But I doubt they have it in them, maybe if they had a strong leader to unite them all (imagine if it were a muslim and there would be mass converts!). They are after all, gangs and those are not the smartest individuals. It'll go away.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

An excuse to eliminate the police force in their area. It sounds like they want full reign of the city so they can do what they want.

And what would that be? What do THEY WANT?

Will they take over?

What would that even look like?

Ferguson wasn't bad enough? - No, now we have this. And it is very, very disturbing - as are things in the ME right now.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

What a mess.

It's....SURREAL.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join