It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subway removes ham/bacon and offers halal meat after 'strong demand' from Muslims.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: KeliOnyx

This goes to show that Muslims aren't coming to other countries to blend in and unite "melting pot" style as immigration is intended, but to invade and impose their will on others through intimidation.

Kind of like 2,000 years of Christianity, then. Seriously, this is not cowardice, or an attack or even pandering. Can we stop with the fearbashing, please?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I understand your point, but also understand ISIS doesn't represent muslims and not all muslim subway franchise owners. a reply to: DAZ21
Isis are a dispicable bunch of individuals and we need to do everything in our power to eradicate ISIS. I don't think trying to irradiate all muslims in our country is the right thing to do in fact it would be no better than what hitler tried to do to the Jews, don't you think?

edit on 27-4-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I know they're not all bad and we can't tar them all with the same brush, I've had close friends that have been Muslim.

But we can't deny that there is a proportion of Muslims that live here and hate everything we stand for, and it's these that need deporting regardless of our soft human rights approach.

For instance, the new information that has come out about jihadi john, who we now believe was influenced by another hate preacher who we house via tax payer's money and can't deport because of his human rights.

Unless we take a hard stance against these people who we know are inciting hatred and radicalising others, the problem will only continue to fuel itself.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21im not denying we don't have a problem, I just don't see the right solution. No one really talks about solutions just problems

And the owners of subway are not bowing to political correctness, but to the profit motive, which is more important than any other issue in business

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
They changed something for 200 stores out of 1500 , holy jebus!

Yeah you keep on repeating that, but as usual you don't see the bigger picture, which is that the 200 is just the first step on the ladder because when you give control freaks an inch, they always end up taking a mile.

Oh and save the normal finger pointing, race baiting defensive tactic because I don't have any history here of Muslim bashing, I am just for freedom of choice. What is more important though is that I can't stand Subway anyway. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

Where are the all Kosher stores?

There are quite a few places that are kosher. Funny I don't remember all the whining when they went kosher.
Kosher restaurant

The world's first kosher Subway restaurant opened in Cleveland and was followed by kosher Subways in Brooklyn and Kansas City.

Some corporate restaurants and fast food chains operate kosher locations in places with Jewish populations. In Israel, kosher KFC, McDonald's, and Sbarro franchises can be found. In the United States, there are many kosher Dunkin' Donuts, Krispy Kreme and Subway locations. Most of the kosher Subways have failed. Some of these locations must modify their typical menus in order to comply with Jewish dietary laws.

Baskin-Robbins ice cream is kosher at all locations, certified by the Vaad Hakashrut of Massachusetts. A few of the flavors served at Baskin-Robbins are not kosher, and a sign found at all locations that certifies the products as kosher indicates which flavors are not. Rita's Water Ice operates some locations under rabbinical supervision. Some of these locations can be found in the U.S. states of Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.

Kosher cafeterias and food stands can sometimes be found at college and university campuses, Jewish community centers, hospitals, professional sports stadiums, and some tourist attractions. In some of these locations where special stands do not exist, prepackaged kosher sandwiches and other meals are offered, or can be pre-ordered. Some airlines also offer kosher meals when ordered in advance.

Like the Jews have been left out.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

a reply to: KeliOnyx

This goes to show that Muslims aren't coming to other countries to blend in and unite "melting pot" style as immigration is intended, but to invade and impose their will on others through intimidation.

So seeing how so many things here in the states have been make kosher here in the states to keep the Jews happy it was because the Jews came to this country to impose their will through intimidation huh? See how stupid that sounds.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
People aren't looking for something to hate about these people, they do that for themselves.

Just saying "these people", and the whole tone of your post, seems to indicate you are already prejudiced against Muslims, don't you think?

We are all humans first and foremost - we are all in the same boat here on Earth, dependent completely on our environment. The bottom line is we all exist in relationship to one another, whether we like it or not. In other words, we are all connected.

Best to understand and learn to live on the basis of our inherent dependence and relatedness with our whole environment, it seems to me.

Once we understand our actual situation of inherent relatedness to everything, we become more tolerant and even cooperative with others, given everything we do affects the environment and therefore others.

If we go about solving whatever local problems exist, on this basis, it will make for much better long-term solutions.

edit on 4/27/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

If this thread was about Jews and Subway going Kosher & you replaced Muslim with Jew in the majority of posts here then these posters would all be called anti Semites. But when it comes to Muslim bashing, well bash away but don't you dare speak ill of Jews.
edit on 27-4-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Pretty sure this was discussed when the article was first published on the mailonline - 30th April 2014.

But don't let that stop the Islamophobia train....
edit on 27-4-2015 by socketdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bb23108

Something tells me you're not from the UK...

Yea I did say 'these people' and I meant it. The extremists give the whole of Islam a bad name, and when moderate Muslims fail to take a tougher stance against their more radical counterparts, it doesn't bode well for their image.

And yes we are all in the same boat together we call Earth, but some of us prefer to chuck the others overboard.

It reminds me of the illegal immigrants that were fleeing from Libya to get to Italy, no doubt to get to the UK. Anyway the Christians started to pray that the boat would make it and that they wouldn't drown and the Muslims threw them overboard.

Actually they definitely have the UK in mind when they hit the European shores, there's reported evidence of them saying how they want to go to Oxford and Cambridge university, the funny thing is they probably will end up going to these prestigious universities that most of us only dream of because to not have the tax payers put them through elite education would be against their human rights.

edit on 27-4-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I just do not get the outrage over this. It seems to me this was a business decision for monetary reasons.

If they manage to get more customers in those areas then it was a good decision if not then it was a bad decision. Personally I don't care what they do to attract a bigger market it will not affect me here. As long as the subway near me has the food I like I will continue being a patron if they don't then I will find another sub shop.

Let the market decide.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Let the market decide.

Yes. I agree.
After reading about kosher Subway restaurants, I found that the only ones outside of Israel were the 11 outlets in the US. As of August 2011, there were only 5 of those 11 still open, and the 5 were struggling to stay open.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21
Regardless of where we are from, there is no shortage of bigotry. It is the product of a mistaken assumption rooted in the first one that most of us make - that we do not live on the basis of what is actually the case.

We are not independent entities, but are completely dependent on the environment, connected with everything and everyone. Our body is actually built for relating, not for separating.

On the basis of a mistaken assumption of independence and separation, we start defining ourselves with others of like race, color, creed, political beliefs, etc. So we have endless cults clamoring to be heard, and often set against others not of the same ilk. In other words, intolerance gets to be more and more the norm.

This keeps escalating, basically all because of the mistaken notion that somehow we think we are independent sovereign entities not connected to everything and everyone. If we see through this illusion and actually feel into the condition we actually exist in - a vast field of relatedness - and live on this basis, things would change. This is our actual reality, and it is easy enough to notice. But to do so, day in and day out ,takes real persistence and integrity relative to sticking with what is the truth of our situation.

But instead we prefer to have endless arguments to further support our sense of separation from our "enemies", even if it is unnecessary - like over what Subway decides will make more money.

Anyway, fighting fire with fire has been proven to only increase the total fire. It has not worked and goes against the actual condition we obviously appear in - relatedness, connectedness.

To actually solve real human issues, we must be willing to put aside all these cults we belong to, at least while resolving issues, and simply be human with one another, first and foremost.

edit on 4/27/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Boggles the mind that there is any debate here at all.

Some damned archaic book says thou shalt not eat this or that ... Some other book says, "Fish on Fridays."

Where's the damn beef!!?? LOL

Let Subway cater to whichever Special Interest group is the 'flavor of the day' and label the stores Politically Correct.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bb23108

That's all well and good, but if someone is trying to cause you harm you don't try and give them a hug, lest you walk onto the pointy end of their knife.

I know what you're saying, and that's true, we are all human. But you forget the fact, that some people are evil and have no intention of following your mantra. It simply isn't beneficial to them, just as it wasn't beneficial for subway to not pander to their savage killing of animals even though they know it's against British values.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I live in a state where meat is king, especially in west Texas. I have a difficult time finding a restaurant in west Texas that will sell me food like tofu and tempeh. That's because I am in the minority and the restaurants don't feel it's in their financial interest to purchase and store tofu and tempeh for the one or two people a year who would request it. Same thing with my local grocery store. I guess I'm one of few people in my neighborhood who is even interested in eating tempeh, because my store won't carry it. But they have plenty of meat products, because those products are more popular in my area.

These 200 stores must be in Muslim-heavy neighborhoods. If the Muslims are the main customers that go into these stores, they aren't ordering any of the bacon or ham products. Is it worth it to the Subway stores in these neighborhoods to purchase and stock bacon and ham when it will most likely go rotten before it is purchased by enough people? Does that make any sense to anyone?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Ok, what if there was a sudden influx of immigrants that had anti tofu and tempeh laws and you couldn't get it at all?

The whole area that was your home is transformed into an alien culture and you have to leave your home because they decided to not cater for you anymore as you were a minority now?

There we go, that might be more basic for some of you to understand, that don't seem to get it.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The entire world, for some reason, bends over backwards in their fear of offending muslims.
It needs to stop. No other religion is babied the way islam is.
I'm not religious. I think they all should be treated the same.

Halal is a farce anyway. They are allowed to bless their own food and miraculously make it halal if it isn't halal certified.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Is there a law that says these Subways can't sell bacon or ham? Or is Subway making the decision themselves of their own free will as business people?

If there were enough people buying the bacon and ham in these stores, they would keep the bacon and ham, I promise you. They are not stocking them because there is not enough demand to make it financially profitable. Has nothing to do with any laws.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join