It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

symbol and introduction.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Hey everyone. Very interested in searching around this forum. I recently took a trip to sleepy hallow cemetery and found some interesting symbols. Wanted to post them to get some thoughts on what they could mean but unfortunately I'm new so don't have the ability to. I uploaded 2 photos and put the most interesting one as my avatar. If anyone knows what it means please share. Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: stopxmove

Welcome to ATS!

After you get 20 posts you can start a thread on the symbols.
I've asked a few times for things like that and people always seem to find the answers.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

edit on 26-4-2015 by stopxmove because: ment to quote.

edit on 26-4-2015 by stopxmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Once you have reached 20 posts you will be able to start your thread. Please make meaningful posts so we can get to know you and you will find topics to interest almost anyone. Please take advantage of the links below.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself. Please only post your hello's here in intro and do not start a topic.

Blaine91555
Super Moderator
edit on 4/26/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

Welcome to ATS!

After you get 20 posts you can start a thread on the symbols.
I've asked a few times for things like that and people always seem to find the answers.

that's great to hear. I've tried doing reverse image searches but came up empty. Very interested to know a bit more about what they mean. I heard someone state the alpha sign is supposed to mean purity so i guess it may be some symbol to ensure the person gets into heaven. It seems in sleepy hallow that was a main thing. There was a gentle man that owned a rival oil company against the Rockefeller's. His mausoleum had a bunch of peacocks sculpted on the door which was a symbol of eternal life. Very cool stuff. I've been looking around but haven't come across any section dedicated to symbols. Maybe I missed it.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Looks like a version of an ecclesiastical labara to me. Not sure if the origin is Greek or German. I'd guess Greek.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Hello and Welcome to ATS MotherShip! Climb Aboard and Enjoy the Ride!
On the left of your avatar I believe that is the symbol for Alpha. On the right, Omega. The P cutting down through the X looks like something I saw in the Presbyterian Church I attendde as a Youth. That is identical to it. At the church, they did not have Alpha and Omega on theirs though. Just wanted to pass that along as a possibility. Maybe some googling will confirm or refute my claim here. Best of Good Luck on Your search on that Whole Icon!

Later, Syx.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies. I am about to do some research on ecclesiastical labara. This symbol was on a mini church looking mausoleum. It has a cross at the top so it may be the symbol of a church the person attended. It seems it held the remains of quite a few people so it may be from a church.
Thanks again everyone. Excited to check out what ecclesiastical labara is.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Looks like a version of an ecclesiastical labara to me. Not sure if the origin is Greek or German. I'd guess Greek.

Welcome to ATS.

originally posted by: SyxPak

Hello and Welcome to ATS MotherShip! Climb Aboard and Enjoy the Ride!
On the left of your avatar I believe that is the symbol for Alpha. On the right, Omega. The P cutting down through the X looks like something I saw in the Presbyterian Church I attendde as a Youth. That is identical to it. At the church, they did not have Alpha and Omega on theirs though. Just wanted to pass that along as a possibility. Maybe some googling will confirm or refute my claim here. Best of Good Luck on Your search on that Whole Icon!

Later, Syx.

So I did some searching and found out it is indeed is a early christian symbol called the Chi Rho Alpha & Omega. Here's what I found:

The Chi Rho is one of the earliest cruciform symbols used by Christians.
It is formed by superimposing the first two letters of the word "Christ" in Greek, chi = ch and rho = r.
Although not technically a cross, the Chi Rho invokes the crucifixion of Jesus as well as symbolizing His status as the Christ.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Awesome info on that! Thanx for the share!
Syx...

new topics

top topics

join