It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Land rising out of the sea in Japan, 50 feet in one night

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Actually he says Japan must go into the sea.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
How is it that mountains can get as high as Everest rising (supposedly) at the pace of how fast our fingernails grow yet aren't they being eroded at the same time? So there has to be some faster mechanism, no?

a reply to: skuly

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Same thing happened a couple years ago in 2013 when Pakistan had a 7.7 quake. A 60-ft land mass rose in the Indian Ocean right afterward.

So strange, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
I wonder if other places will start sinking nearby?

I think we should keep and eye on the other side the ocean. Water must find room somewhere else.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I think we should keep and eye on the other side the ocean. Water must find room somewhere else.

Or the shoreline rises a few micrometers everywhere.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

You could create another Japan full size and probably not register much of sea level rise anywhere else. This mass rising up is not even going to cause a visible blip in sea levels anywhere on the planet.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bottleslingguy

I've always liked the theory that mountain ranges were caused essentially overnight by 12.0-15.0 earthquakes.

Machu Picchu? Ya that used to be like Los Angeles until "The Big One" hit & those structures are all that's left.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: skuly

It's not being attributed to crustal movement as Dutchsince says, he's completely wrong (again).

It's from a landslide..

In the on-site study, Shintaro Yamasaki, assistant professor of engineering technology at the Kitami Institute of Technology in Hokkaido, concluded that a landslide occurred on the hill toward the sea.

The landslide pushed up the seabed and, as a result, the sea bottom appeared above the surface, he said.

ajw.asahi.com...

edit on 26/4/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Well that just kind of killed the doom factor...

lol

Good find!

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It looks more like Godzilla crap to me.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It's just the earth growing is all.

And rather than subduction, there may be a different process at work in the Wadati Benioff zones around the world.
edit on 26-4-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I'm not going to buy that answer just yet. Sometimes prestigious people look at things and make determinations without thoroughly investigating anything. The landslide on the other side could have been created by the same event. They may be related but maybe not as a causal relationship. The seabed would need to be observed to substantiate that. Many times people take the explanation of someone and do not investigate any farther. If this keeps growing, the guy is probably wrong. Anyone can supply an explanation but that does not mean it is the correct explanation.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Doom back on!

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Doom back on!

Made me Laugh out loud...

The article says it is still growing...

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Sometimes prestigious people look at things and make determinations without thoroughly investigating anything.

You mean like Dutchsince creating fantasy videos again....

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Actually he says Japan must go into the sea.

Ok, but didn't he also say that something would rise out of the oceans separately? I think he did........

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I thought the land was rising out of the sea until i realised the tide was going out.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I tried looking around the A.R.E foundation but couldn't find the exact quote there,
but this site has it, and a bunch of other Cayce stuff:

(h) Cayce foresees the ocean level rising significantly

With the shifting of the Earth's magnetic poles that began in 1998 will come a gradual melting of the polar ice caps and eventually cause inundations of many coastal regions resulting in a drop in the landmass of about 30 feet. In 1941, Cayce elaborated on this effect:

"As to conditions in the geography of the world, of the country -- changes here are gradually coming about ... For, many portions of the east coast will be disturbed, as well as many portions of the west coast, as well as the central portion of the U.S. In the next few years land will appear in the Atlantic as well as in the Pacific. And what is the coast line now of many a land will be the bed of the ocean. Even many battle fields of the present will be ocean, will be the seas, the bays, the lands over which The New World Order will carry on their trade as one with another."

Edgar Cayce on the Future

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71
"Next few years." 1941. Huh.

Cayce revealed that new land will appear in 1968 or 1969 off the east coast of North America, the so-called "rising of Atlantis".
I just checked Google Earth. No new land.

edit on 4/26/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Just be glad it's new land in a country who is an ally.

It is that pesky LHCs fault!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join