It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where can I move to get away from being forced to work with ALCOHOLICS AND PILLHEADS ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
After reading the article about someone claiming to move away because of marijuana users at work and then saying he was just kidding, I decided to look around at work and do some judging. I will used fictional names for real people and their real lifestyles. There is Bill, he crushes Oxycontin and snorts it, he is now up to about 8 to 10 a day, when he runs out Bill is unbearable to be around, very negative and hates life. Sometimes Bill mixes them with other pharmaceuticals his doctor prescribes to achieve what he considers to be " a groovy buzz". Bill was a physicians assistant before and he and his wife , a nurse, got hooked on pills so bad that they lost their jobs after Bill got busted prescribing himself pain meds for the THIRD TIME, he had to get busted 3 times before he got fired, rehab can be an amazing job keeping tool. Too bad the job he has now doesn't offer that because his days are numbered, the number of days in his lifespan are numbered. Bill is a great worker when he is high on pain meds but when he runs out, good bye. Then there is Pam, she looks like a wrinkled bag and smokes cigarettes like no tomorrow. Like Bill, Pam is an awesome person, both good people, they are just addicts. Pam feels like butt every morning and throws up the booz from the night before, underweight and super unhealthy and screws up at work constantly. I feel bad even telling them I came in 5th in our local 10k, Obviously I don't use harmful drugs, but I do have a prescription for Marijuana and medicate every few hours. At work one day Bill says he wants to get high and cant find any pain meds, I offered him some of my meds and he got mad, Bill said "dude, I wanna get HIGH, I don't want that crap". There are a few more at work but ya get the point. If it weren't for my job, I wouldn't even know what Oxycontin is, I wouldn't know that the effect is the same as heroin and if anyone argues with that then they are a closet user, the open users will tell you. I will leave out Eddie and Sarah who are on Adderall and in lala land all day, that stuff makes them work all day, but when they run out and cant find any on the street, they may as well be asleep. I get blamed for their screw-ups and I have to do the job of 5 going behind them, So where can I move ?
edit on 26-4-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

Maybe another planet? most people, and the rest of flora and fauna need to get high, think about moose/elks,

they eat fermented apples because its fun to get up and maul innocent swedish folk..

Its all fun and games, until someone eats a rancid coconut! (mighty boosh reference)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

One more thing... this place is too much for many people,, and they are prone to numbing their feelings..
its not their vault,,, yes i said vault.

who can blame them. the world is sick. period.

but maybe you could live in some sort of resort, or commune? Lots of options out there...

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Maybe another planet? most people, and the rest of flora and fauna need to get high, think about moose/elks,

they eat fermented apples because its fun to get up and maul innocent swedish folk..

Its all fun and games, until someone eats a rancid coconut! (mighty boosh reference)

Haha, there may be some truth to this. Remember that reindeer love to eat magical mushrooms in Siberia. They seek them out and dig them up, eat them, then prance about.

www.youtube.com...

Lol.

But in all seriousness, I had a moment of clarity a while back that even purely speaking of legal substances, especially regarding alcohol and prescription drugs, we LIVE IN A DRUG CULTURE. There are drug (alcohol) dealers on every corner in my neighborhood. A large proportion of houses have drugs (alcohol) in them on hand. There are drug dens (bars) everywhereeeeeeee. And a large majority of social and work functions are drug-fueled (cocktail/happy hour/networking).

Then take the fact that a ton of people are on medications.

It is really quite bizarre when you think about it.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I also have people in my family that think they absolutely must be on anti depressants, maybe they should be I don't know but they are in lala land. I feel like Roddy Piper.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Maybe they take drugs so they can tolerate people like yourself-JK.

An addict is not a bad person by default, it's the poison that corrupts them. However calling out your workmates about their foibles when when you take 'medicinal marijuana' is a bit rich- is that prescription for tennis elbow, swimmers ear or gamers thumb?

Forget them and do your job-I've downed bottles of southern comfort and have rode my bicycle 4 miles to work the next morning before my sober holier than thou boss arrived to unlock the doors. If your workmates performance is a hindrance then take it up with the boss or with them.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
A guy I work with is an alcoholic. I'm a cook. He starts in on the bottles early in the morning. A colleague and I started measuring, and noting how much he drinks and it was incredible! A bottle a day. I kept being afraid he would accidently burn someone.
I felt bad because he was basically a good guy, and has two small children and a wife, so no one said anything to the superiors.
Others come in stoned and leave their work for others to do, some spend all their time outside smoking, while I do twice as much work.
The stress of the job gets everyone on their nerves anyway, and it became difficult to continue. Tendon problems are causing me to stop, but some part of me is kinda glad I step out of that crap- even though I love the work.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover
I also have people in my family that think they absolutely must be on anti depressants, maybe they should be I don't know but they are in lala land. I feel like Roddy Piper.

" I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick a$$... and I'm all out of bubblegum." Rowdy Roddy from They Live.

It seems everyone is under the influence in one form or another. No getting away from it.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Sounds like you work for the best pharmaceutical company in the world!
edit on 26-4-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I caught myself drinking a little to much a few years back, I'd work all day, go home, and down a 6 pack of tall cans a night without even realizing it, it was over the span of about 5-7 hours. But about a year ago after really cutting back I realized how much of an impact it actually had on my mind and body.
First off, hang overs, I'd wake up feeling groggy, second, I was a social shut in because I was content with just playing video games or watching netflix while at home with my beer, and third I was always looking forward to that first cold one after a hard days work, I was boarder line alcoholic, and text book terms, I was one.

But on my days off, I would barely finish one beer, I think it was to mask the stress from work.
People who are drug addicts and alcoholics have a one track mind, and once the parasite of the drug embeds itself into their mental state it's all they look forward to, if they go out with friends they stock up or make sure they can get that next drink. And it's funny, most alcoholics and drug users are regular people they maintain a decent life and a living wage, it's strange.

I caught my self and took control of my drinking, I had to go cold turkey for a month or so to reset myself, and it really did make a difference more energy, mental and physically.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Opiates and amphetamines courtesy of big pharma. Both addictive and destructive as hell.

But sweet Mary Jane is even more dangerous and you'll develop instant schizophrenia after injecting just one cannabis. Just say no, kids.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If you can't beat em...

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Build your own private business. Then if you hire any people who are dope fiends or hit the sauce a little too much, you can fire them. I can't control what other people do but I can put myself in a position where I don't have to deal with them.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Where the hell do you work at BTW???

I don't think most jobs are like that so you probably don't have to move far. Just get a job somewhere besides where you're at now would probably work.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Okay, let me get this straight. You are slamming your coworkers, yet you "self medicate" with pot several times a day? Sounds like you're the one with the problem and chip on your shoulder.

Unreal. You should probably mind your own business and stop using weed.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

Okay, let me get this straight. You are slamming your coworkers, yet you "self medicate" with pot several times a day? Sounds like you're the one with the problem and chip on your shoulder.

Unreal. You should probably mind your own business and stop using weed.

To be fair,
While it is a bit hypocritical of him to be putting them on blast while he's "self medicating" every few hours, there is a big difference between smoking some weed every few hours and snorting 8-10 oxys a day. Even alcoholics when they are detoxing are completely different than someone who's stopped smoking pot. You stop smoking and you might be irritable and find it hard to sleep for a few days. Other types of detox can give you the shakes, make you physically sick, unable to control your emotions, or literally kill you.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

they are just addicts.

get high and cant find any pain meds, I offered him some of my meds

Not trying to upset you but are you an addict as well?

new topics

top topics

join