It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

36,000 baseball fans penned in the stadium in Baltimore as Freddie Gray protests turned violent

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I wasn't aware any fans were involved? but would you agree letting the crowd out of a just finished baseball game , in to a riot is a bad idea. I would agree some would of got caught up in it.

Some fans may have joined in, possibly the drunken ones, but most likely, some would have gotten hurt, or worse. I think police were trying to limit the "body count" so to speak, and the amount of protestors. I completely understand why they did this, but at the same time too, I'm sure the fans were NOT happy!

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

No, not wrong. Reading comprehension is a difficult thing for some

but condescension is not?

edit on 26-4-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Gotta love the Black thug culture......I want peace and justice in my neighborhood so to get that I will burn it all down. It is like pooping in the river you drink and wash up in.

Talk about a bunch of idiots the black culture needs better leaders. Also just to make it clear I used the word culture for a reason this has nothing to do with pigment of skin.

edit on 26-4-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Regardless of the riots, I find it remarkable as to how easy it was to keep 36k people in a stadium for their "safety"...
edit on 4/26/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: andy1972

...but they don't go out and riot, loot, burn and steal, using their colour as an excuse for their actions.

You think they're rioting just because they can - and the excuse they use is their color?

Riots don't just happen

Yes.

2nd

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Regardless of the riots, I find it remarkable as to how easy it was to keep 36k people in a stadium...

Lemme guess, their is a FEMA detention camp lurking somewhere in your mind.

Have you ever been to an arena or stadium then if so you would realize it's not that hard to fathom keeping 36k people inside one.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I dont know what to think anymore beyond seein a breaking point bend and twist yet not snap.

Its almost a miracle that we are not living in a far worse world.

Jesus christ we are retarded broken animals.

I am at a loss of words. I dont even know what to think.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Have you ever been to an arena or stadium then if so you would realize it's not that hard to fathom keeping 36k people inside one.

Pretty sure stadiums, and most modern buildings, are designed with evacuations in mind. The two closest to me, Rupp Arena and Commonwealth Stadium are extremely open and accessable. There's 25+ double door exits on one side of Rupp Arena alone. So yes, I do find it remarkable that it was easy to keep 36k people from leaving so easily.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Regardless of the riots, I find it remarkable as to how easy it was to keep 36k people in a stadium for their "safety"...

Ya did not even think about that angle.....This is why I love the posters on ATS. We have a group of diverse smart members on this sight looking at all of the angles.

Fear is a powerful motivator and is the root cause of most evil deeds and actions. The problem with using fear is it becomes self serving and eventually falls apart.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

If you are told there is an angry mob outside why would you want to go out?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Would you want to be kept cooped up with 36k people that get increasingly upset the longer they are kept there? Sure, there's a deteriorating situation outside the stadium. But that would be a drop in the bucket compared to a pissed off crowd of 36k.

I'll take my chances with a small mob compared to the potential for a large mob.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

There's 25+ double door exits on one side of Rupp Arena alone.

And they all probably have roll down gates.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
Here is an abstract thought....

Maybe we need to riot...maybe we need to purge ourselves that way...

Not in any political, racial, religious sense.....i think those are just excuses...

Maybe what we really need to do is just accept we are a Warrior culture and use that instead of shying away from it......

I'm with you on this one! Let them burn Baltimore to the ground; in the final analysis, who cares? If its cathartic for them, let them have it. The demonstrators and flash mobs in Memphis and Philly and Louisville, the protestors in St. Louis and Ferguson and Cincy and Indy are all proving one thing. They've learned the US doesn't have the testicular fortitude to stop them so I say, "Cry Havoc, loose the dogs of destruction"!

Let it be a long, hot, bloody summer!

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

That is assuming that everyone is mad about being held.

Sure some people will, but does that mean all 36k are?

Your stance seems that every single person is getting mad the longer they are waiting, that is just not realistic.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The mainstream media is clearly driving all this to a boiling point. The participants are being tested and they are failing miserably. The outcome can not be good.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I dont know what to think anymore beyond seein a breaking point bend and twist yet not snap.

Its almost a miracle that we are not living in a far worse world.

Jesus christ we are retarded broken animals.

I am at a loss of words. I dont even know what to think.

Its a retarded, broken society for which I'm rapidly losing any respect whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I guess I should expect that

I've been here at ATS reading stuff like this from Trayvon to Freddie Gray

It's worse on the outside - I know what we would have here if there were no T&Cs

There's a reason this story repeats over and over again

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
What a shame but you know what it's showing the breaking point. Protests do have the potential to attract the trouble makers either paid for or not. It's caution 101 when demonstrating.

The ones with intent to make trouble are not going to call representatives on the phone, wait for a petition, become politicians or business people who fund the politicians in hopes of trying to "change' things. Especially if they are associated with gang culture.

I don't think the innocent demonstrators could have avoided it due to the way things are so heated up with police corruption towards minorities now, but it doesn't matter now all are demonized for the actions of those in the wrong.

But maybe that is the intent, get the people so riled up when they want to defend themselves that possibility is gone, as is the support from the masses seeing what is really going on. Then "they"-insert group- propose a solution.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

I guess I should expect that

I've been here at ATS reading stuff like this from Trayvon to Freddie Gray

There's a reason this story repeats over and over again

You're absolutely right.

It'll happen again because for a huge number of black Americans its more fun than complaining to their senators.

Why do it the civilised way when you can burn and steal because you feel "abused" as a collective.

These people are still, for now, the minority within their community. However I feel sorry for those decent people in the black community who will be affected by the acts of others, and May suffer race hate for the first time because of these hood rats.

The good people of these town will rise above all of this and will still be there when these people are long gone.
edit on PM7Sun20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I see that some commenters on here seem to understand why the riots are happening. They even seem to sympathize with the rioters, somewhat. I do not, and I am about as Black as they come. What the heck does it solve to destroy communities because someone died!? I am in no way trying to minimize what happened, but this rioting crap has to stop. What the hell is the point? And we wonder why some people call us ape/monkeys. As far as I am concerned, those people destroying property (of people who had nothing to do with the man's death) might as well be flinging feces. If we want stuff to change we should start by educating ourselves. We should start valuing Black lives because Black people kill more Black people than White folks do. Learn to power of money and teach our kids that money is more that something you trade for "bling". Stop having children out of wedlock. Stop having more kids than you can take care of. I know a woman right now who has 5 kids with 4 different fathers. And pull up your dang pants!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join