It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could end the world and renew it or stay as we are forever, Which would you choose?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Thats the thing, COMFORT.

I like it too, I just dont lie about it. I know third world slave factories have to exist for me and everyone like me to all have air conditioning and other comforts.

Our ability to dominate them gives us the ability to enjoy the comfort their tribute culture gives to us.

Without a third world of slave labor, or a second class citizen workforce, we would have to work very hard and suffer much.

We like it because we are comfortable, not because we know our civilization to be noble and just. Those are concepts we create to justify our comfort.

Evil will never go away. As soon as we define it, we go out to fulfill it.

Human nature will never change. What I propose is that humans live in an environment that is conducive to balance considering that nature we can not overcome.

We are fish out of water....we made a small pond for the big fish on the bottom of the pile....we arent bigger...the waters are smaller and absurdly unjustly distributed....absurd because there is no need beyond comfort.....survival is even second to comfort.

I say flood the world and lets be like fish in water....instead of fish telling themselves lies that they like air better...just because they arent in the water nor will they ever be.

What we have is unnatural and wont last forever. What I propose is as inevitable as human nature.

At least what I propose is a controlled descent....as opposed to the free fall of a civilization.

Transition as opposed to fall.

Either way, enjoy the AC while the lights are still on.

edit on 4 25 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You forgot...go back in time.

Jude

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I would pick self preservation but deep down I know we need a reset. I'm only human.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It will reset.

We just have to wait for it.

But you are right... individuals may learn, but the world does not.

As for your statement about a good person per century and they are ill-received... I think the number is a little higher than that, but I agree that good people are generally the most ill-received, at least during their life time.

I certainly don't want people to be hurt. But some people think they have the right to do and think as they please and they should always be rewarded good for that. You have the right to think and do as you please, but you also have the right to be wrong and suffer the consequences.

It does indeed sometimes seem that many people still do not seem to grasp a simple concept - a concept that used to be held by those as a sign of one passing from childhood to adulthood.

Forgiveness of wrongs and staying of execution is an awesome thing. But for how long before people begin to realize that a stay of execution is temporary pending an evaluation of behavior?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I will not reset and not stay as it is. Things are rolling. Current world will die soon. I'm not sure if humans will survive, but those that will. They will be evolved humans and I m 100% sure they will value right things

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

What we have wont last forever, no. Then again, neither will I. That being the case, I would prefer my existence and my kids' existence to be comfy. So again, if we're going to to create a magical switch, create one that doesn't erase progress. Because progress has been made. Example: not being "middle aged" and "over the hill" at 18 years old. The capability of popping a little pill and slugging water so one doesn't have to endure 3 days of a migraine. And the list goes on.

Side note: if your air-con is coming from a third world country, your bill must be outrageous. No wonder you want to reset.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: saadad

Here is hoping. May they be nothing like us. All we have to show for our "progress" is temporary comfort. Like drug addicts on a high.

edit on 4 25 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Evil is an inept part of mankind we are fallen beings we cannot change other than when god the father sends is son to become a man that man is holy god and man he teaches about truth fullness and the way of god you are not saved unless christ jesus is in your flow this guy is god AND MAN HE IS THE CRIST my lord they on me

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Keep the world alive until people suffer enough (by their own choice) to finally choose peace.

Sure, the world may still be negative, but starting all over is going back to the beginning, humanity will fall to aggression and wars again. The only escape is to Learn and Grow.

What if the world was already destroyed before? Destroying the world is keeping everyone in ignorance. Learning the truth is the only freedom from the cycle.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

18 years of awesome and fulfilling life....... I would prefer a strong body that can deal with sickness and a life that has near zero stress instead of aspirin for a headache.

Yeah, I like my comfort like a drug addict likes his high. The problem is reality....in between fixes and when the drugs run out-

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
i would love to renew it just before humans and see exactly how "nature" without humans would look

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I missed your post.

Yeah I see what you are saying. I understand that "evil" is just another human construct.

I was always taught to judge others by THEIR standards though. If you cant live up to your own truth then you cant at all.

We by our own standards are living a lie and are proponents of evil....by our own terms.

I said it before, this is all an argument for what is natural and in balance.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mc740052
i would love to renew it just before humans and see exactly how "nature" without humans would look

That will be interesting. Nature will work like a charm. We humans are like a virus that hit earth and I'm afraid there is no cure for nature. Unless she can take some heavy pill to flush the virus.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

reset

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I've had well over 18 years of an awesome and fulfilling life, and continue to do so. By my math, well over 18 of something awesome beats only 18 of something awesome.

So if that's your standard, put me down for a no thanks on the reset.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

ok, fair enough

point gotten

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
totally agree with you a reply to: saadad

edit on 25-4-2015 by Mc740052 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It is no longer a matter of "choice".

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Resetting it all is a bit extreme.

I think if we just got rid of all the assholes, the world would be a pretty cool place.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Resetting it all is a bit extreme.

Not really, it has happened before, and is destined to happen again now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join