It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA To Build Extension Roads in Small Towns in Indiana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I just read this article in my local newspaper from Marion, Indiana. I am going to quote the article here. As there might not be a link to it online yet, this was just in yesterday's paper and it was a local legal notice.

"Notice of the roadway extension from Ptarmigan Road to Monroe Pike. Commonly known as the "Stonecrest Project" the Emergency Management of Grant County, in conjunction with the Indiana Department of Homeland Security (IDHS) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has applied for a Hazard Mitigation Assistant Grant to fund a project for construction of an access road extending from the Ptarmington dead end north to Monroe Pike. Under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), EO 11988 and EO 11990, public notice is required of any federal actions that affect the floodplains or wetlands. All necessary permits will be obtained prior to construction and completion of the project. The objectives of the Hazard Mitigation Assistance Program is to prevent future losses of lives and property, to implement state or local Hazard Mitigation plans, to enable mitigation measures to be implemented during immediate recovery from disaster and to provide funding for identified and approved mitigation projects. Public participation is encouraged. Interested parties and/or citizens are invited to comment on the project either in writing to: Nicholas Mueller, Regional Environmental Officer, FEMA Region V, 536 South Clark Street, 6th Floor Chicago, Illinois 60605. Or comments may be directed via e-mail to Mr. Mueller: [email protected]. A public meeting is set for the regularly scheduled Commissioners meeting at 2:00 PM May 19, 2015..."
The Stonecrest Project is a housing development. Why does the federal government want to build an access road of a newly built housing project when the city of Marion could have already done it when building the new subdivision?

They say it is because of the possibility of natural disaster. Ptarmigan Road is near the river. Are they expecting the river to cause significant damage to the new subdivision? Perhaps Grant County is too cheap to pay for the road itself, so it relies on the Federal government to pay for it and build it.

But the words that really made me take notice is this..."public notice is required of any federal actions that affect the floodplains or wetlands."

What affect does building an extension road have upon a flood plain or wetland?

The National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) is a United States environmental law that established a U.S. national policy promoting the enhancement of the environment. Additionally, it established the President's Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ). The law was enacted on January 1, 1970. Its short title is the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969. NEPA is one of the most emulated statutes in the world and it is often referred to as the modern-day “environmental Magna Carta”.[1]

Is this a simple plan for just protecting the environment? An access road is for government officials, I don't see that the public would be able to use this extension road. If the extension road is for the government only, then they are covering their bases in getting people to participate in putting a road in that the public will not be able to use. So why the hub bub, bub? Why not just build a public road?

What is FEMA and Homeland Security building there that they would need an access road to in case of a flood? Are they now setting up Stonecrest as a FEMA camp?

FEMA camps in Indiana

I do not know the reliability of the above link, but it seemed suspicious to me that FEMA would suddenly decide to build a federal access road on public state property.

edit on 4/25/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/25/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

It sounds like a typical "shovel ready" project, someone's pet project or just busy work.

I am sure that some connection can be made between the official requester and the builder of the road, however innocuous, it is still good old fashioned corruption.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
There is this on dahboo77's youtube (keep in mind it is dahboo77) but there has been a lot of interesting things going on in his latest videos.

edit on 4/25/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Boots street. Only thing I think when I hear marion

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

It sounds like a typical "shovel ready" project, someone's pet project or just busy work.

I am sure that some connection can be made between the official requester and the builder of the road, however innocuous, it is still good old fashioned corruption.

If it were just FEMA who decided to build the road for the purpose of minimizing the effect and cost of life or damage to property, the Mississenewa River in that area isn't going to be affect very many people. The river is actually 2 blocks away from me, I live in town. There are four HUD buildings within that area that could be affected by flooding.

Not only that, the only hospital in town sits beside the river, one block north of me.

You would think if the purpose of FEMA is to protect property, then why isn't FEMA doing something in town? Yes, we have the local Emergency Management just as every county has. But I have seen nothing in town related to FEMA, this Stonecrest is out of town, surrounded by farms.

What makes me suspicious is that it is in conjunction with the Department of Homeland Security. Marion isn't that big of a threat. People should worry more about Indianapolis or Gary.

Marion is like other small cities in Indiana, we do have a regional airport that is used for businesses only. Kokomo is larger and is where Grissom Air Reserve Base is. I don't know what the local newspapers are saying in Kokomo. But several years ago in Kokomo, it had a UFO encounter, called the Kokomo Booms.

The local police chased it and it was big news for Kokomo. I know the people who were interviewed by the show UFO Hunters. But Marion doesn't seem to have much in the way of UFO sightings that are reported to the media.

The IDHS has today its travel advisory. 12 counties are under the lowest level advisory. For what? Rain? It has been raining here in Grant County most of the day, but we aren't under any advisory.

I looked at Department of Homeland Security and this link says "If you see something, say something". Well, I see something suspicious so I will say it.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

FYI, I found this link for you: www.chronicle-tribune.com... f2ef96a2-39fe-534b-b042-54ddd47ee3cc.html

I think its on the same topic.

You mention the river, it may well be that if its a relatively remote, but wide/deep and fairly fast moving someone might want to be able to access it to dump live people en masse into the river to drown them. The Nazi's, before the final solution came up with rail cars that would tilt out over high ravines and dump the occupants out over the cliff to fall to their deaths. I'd always thought that more efficient than the camps, but....whatever.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles

Boots street. Only thing I think when I hear marion

LOL, a few blocks away from me.

Martin Boots is a HUD building.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

FYI, I found this link for you: www.chronicle-tribune.com... f2ef96a2-39fe-534b-b042-54ddd47ee3cc.html

You mention the river, it may well be that if its a relatively remote, but wide/deep and fairly fast moving someone might want to be able to access it to dump live people en masse into the river to drown them. The Nazi's, before the final solution came up with rail cars that would tilt out over high ravines and dump the occupants out over the cliff to fall to their deaths. I'd always thought that more efficient than the camps, but....whatever.

It isn't that big of a river, but it is fairly long. It actually goes all the way to Greeneville, Ohio.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Yes, that is our newspaper, but the link is here. Yes, same article, I had to go to the Classifieds to get the link. That is exactly what I am talking about.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Reminds me of a joke I heard when I lived in Chicken Alaska...

Why was the name of this town changed from "Ptarmigan" to "Chicken" Alaska?

Because no one could spell "Ptarmigan"

lol

Jude

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy
I looked at Department of Homeland Security and this link says "If you see something, say something". Well, I see something suspicious so I will say it.

I like it.

Still, I see these sorts of inexplicable projects happening and I always assume that it is a special interest.

If you know what company was hired to do the work you could possibly find the connection to a federal, state or local employee.

That said, don't let me discourage you from digging deeper, there is no such thing as too much investigation or too many facts.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Reminds me of a joke I heard when I lived in Chicken Alaska...

Why was the name of this town changed from "Ptarmigan" to "Chicken" Alaska?

Because no one could spell "Ptarmigan"

lol

Jude

mmmm, chicken ptarmigan...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is the biggest stretch I have ever seen, and the most pitiful conspiracy ever.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This is the biggest stretch I have ever seen, and the most pitiful conspiracy ever.

Why? Do you work for a construction company hoping to get bids with FEMA?

Why is the Department of Homeland Security interested in building access roads in rural Indiana?

It is not the city, it is not the county and it even isn't the state...it is the federal government. Unless this is an interstate, I don't see why Department of Homeland Security is involved.

Maybe they are your Department of Homeland Security Blanket? Tell you what, go check your smoke alarms, that's what they want you to do every year.

BTW, who was building roads before FEMA and DHS?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

This is relevant, it isn't ridiculous.

I think this particular example could be explained by simple corruption but, there is no justification for demeaning attention to it and the plethora of similar examples.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Every major city in the United States is a cesspool of violence just waiting to be unleashed. I'm all for FEMA camps.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Freedom doesn't mean free to beat grandmother to death for her purse. We need more cages.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

When I was in high school "Alexandria". A bunch of my friends went down there to get some revenge on our buddy getting jumped on boots. Lets say 3x the ammount of people showed up and everyone got their behinds handed to them.

new topics

top topics

join