It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Fake Dutch Moon Rock Given To The Queen Of The Netherlands By Apollo 11 Crew!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhisper

It wouldn't be the first time a newspaper got its "facts" wrong.

www.trbimg.com...

www.disobey.com...
edit on 4/25/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It wouldn't be the first time a newspaper got its "facts" wrong.

www.trbimg.com...

www.disobey.com...

Show some proof that the dutch newspaper is wrong that would help but just some random links are absolute not interesting.
edit on 25-4-2015 by TheWhisper because: so = show

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Here's the UPI news article that ran in news papers here in the US:

The last paragraph reads:

Armstrong presented the queen with a copy of the plaque signed by President Nixon which they left on the moon, a picture of the moon landing and a copy of the microfilm of messages from the world's chiefs of state which they left on the moon.

The Bulletin, 9 October, 1969, page 11

No mention of a moon rock....or any rock for that mater.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Show some proof that the dutch newspaper is wrong that would help but just some random links are absolute not interesting.

That's not the way it works. Your claim is that the newspaper article is accurate, it is up to you to prove it is so. All available evidence says that it is not. Those "random links" demonstrate that newspaper articles don't always get the facts right. Would you like more?

You first claimed that the photograph was of the queen examining a "fake moon rock." You seemed to accept the fact that you were wrong. You still have not explained what any of this has to do with "fake moon rocks."

BTW, "prove I'm wrong" is often not a valid argument.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
No lunar samples were passed out by any Apollo astronaut during their Good Will tour they went on a few months after landing on the moon in 1969.

In fact, it was not until 1970 that President Nixon had 135 Lunar Samples passed out to 135 different countries and 50 for the 50 US States.

The Netherlands received two lunar samples, the Apollo 11 sample in 1970, and the Apollo 17 sample in 1973. Both are accounted for by the government of the Netherlands.

Both of these samples are 0.05 grams.....that's very tiny.

The "rock" that was in the news starting back in 2009, was a piece of petrified rock given to Willem Drees by then American ambassador J. William Middendorf (note: Drees is not the queen, and the ambassador is not an astronaut), as the same time that the Apollo 11 crew were on their tour in the Netherlands.

Most likely the Dutch Prime Minister misunderstood what the rock was, and when the Dutch paper heard about it, most likely were mistaken in their news article (would not be the first time that a news source incorrectly reported something).

No astronaut passed out any lunar rocks during the Apollo 11 tour.

No country received any lunar sample larger than 0.05 grams (as a display from our government).

Plenty of sources to show this.....
edit on 4/25/2015 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

That's not the way it works. Your claim is that the newspaper article is accurate, it is up to you to prove it is so. All available evidence says that it is not. Those "random links" demonstrate that newspaper articles don't always get the facts right. Would you like more?

You first claimed that the photograph was of the queen examining a "fake moon rock." You seemed to accept the fact that you were wrong. You still have not explained what any of this has to do with "fake moon rocks."

BTW, "prove I'm wrong" is often not a valid argument.

TW has no problem to admit when we are wrong, if you claim that the newspaper has its facts wrong than show it. Have you ever found an article that reported the moon rock that was given to Drees?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Armstrong presented the queen with a copy of the plaque signed by President Nixon which they left on the moon, a picture of the moon landing and a copy of the microfilm of messages from the world's chiefs of state which they left on the moon.

It does also not mention the "moon rock" given to Drees and that is a fact nobody denies.
edit on 25-4-2015 by TheWhisper because: fact nobody denies.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

TW has no problem to admit when we are wrong, if you claim that the newspaper has its facts wrong than show it.
Show that the queen was not given a moon rock? How do you propose I do that? As I said, asking someone to prove a negative is not really a very good argument.

Have you ever found an article that reported the moon rock that was given to Drees?
No, why would I? He was not given a moon rock. Nor was he given anything by an astronaut. Can you prove that Drees was given a fake moon rock by the astronauts?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

TW has no problem to admit when we are wrong, if you claim that the newspaper has its facts wrong than show it.
Show that the queen was not given a moon rock? How do you propose I do that?

Have you ever found an article that reported the moon rock that was given to Drees?
No. Why? He was not given a moon rock. Nor was he given anything by an astronaut.

edit on 25-4-2015 by TheWhisper because: wrong reply to

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

You act like a internet troll,
No. I act like someone who uses critical thinking skills.

The rock was given to Drees everyone agrees in that. TW asked you if you ever found an article that stated that Drees got a rock from the US Ambassador. Can you answer that question please.
That is not what you asked.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

The rock was given to Drees everyone agrees in that. TW asked you if you ever found an article that stated that Drees got a rock from the US Ambassador. Can you answer that question please.
I did. I said "No". You quoted me above.

Sorry the TW Reply you reacted on was posted wrong:
***SNIP***

Mod Edit: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

edit on 4/25/2015 by Blaine91555 because: insults and name calling are not allowed

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

TW asked you if you ever found an article that stated that Drees got a rock from the US Ambassador.

Ok. That's different.
Here's one.

J. William Middendorf, the former American ambassador to the Netherlands, made the presentation to Mr Drees and the rock was then donated to the Rijksmuseum after his death in 1988.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

But, contrary to your original question, it was not a moon rock.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

No. I act like someone who applies critical thinking skills.

TW asked you if you ever found an article that stated that Drees got a rock from the US Ambassador.

Ok. That's different.
Here's one.

J. William Middendorf, the former American ambassador to the Netherlands, made the presentation to Mr Drees and the rock was then donated to the Rijksmuseum after his death in 1988.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

But, contrary to your original question, it was not a moon rock.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhisper

It does also not mention the "moon rock" given to Drees and that is a fact nobody denies.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The thread topic you created is:

Second Fake Dutch Moon Rock Given To The Queen Of The Netherlands By Apollo 11 Crew!

This is false information. It is untrue information.

May I invite you to review the ATS Terms and Conditions, specifically:

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

I'm saying this as a fellow member, not as a moderator.

If you wanted this thread to be about Drees and what he received from the American ambassador, that is what your OP should have been.

As it is, your OP has proven to be false. No Apollo 11 astronaut gave the queen a lunar rock back in 1969.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

That is not what you asked.

Critical thinking is always welcome.

You never found an article that stated that Drees got a rock from the US ambassador. Now you have an article that states that the Queen did get a moon rock.

So you need to investigate it and empty words that the article was wrong needs to be proven. The news article TW uploaded states that the Queen got a moon rock from the Apollo astronauts. NASA has stated that no moon rock were given at all That are the fact you should work with. If you claim that the article is wrong feel free to show that information. But to blind follow what NASA tells is absolutely not interesting to anyone here.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You never found an article that stated that Drees got a rock from the US ambassador
Actually, I did. Several in fact.

Actually, the translation I get is this:

"At the reception at the palace gave the Queen a replica of the messages the astronauts on the moon and left behind a piece of moon rock . "
"Left behind" seems to be different from "gave" but the fact is, the astronauts did not give (or leave behind) any moon rocks.

So you need to investigate it and empty words that the article was wrong needs to be proven.
No, it has to be proven that the article is accurate. Where is the rock, for example?

But to blind follow what NASA tells is absolutely not interesting to anyone here.
I don't blindly follow anything. You, on the other hand, blindly believe that the queen was given a moon rock based on a single newspaper article. Tell me, do you believe everything you read in the newspaper?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhisper

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The thread topic you created is:

This is false information. It is untrue information.

May I invite you to review the ATS Terms and Conditions, specifically:

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

I'm saying this as a fellow member, not as a moderator.

If you wanted this thread to be about Drees and what he received from the American ambassador, that is what your OP should have been.

As it is, your OP has proven to be false. No Apollo 11 astronaut gave the queen a lunar rock back in 1969.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

"This is false information. It is untrue information."

Really here we found the article on a Dutch website with old news papers.
www.delpher.nl... 15121%3Ampeg21%3Aa0009

the last line of the caption under the image:
"Bij de ontvangst in het paleis kreeg de Koningin een replica van de boodschappen die de astronauten op de maan achterlieten en een stukje maansteen."

Translation:
When the astronaut arrived the Queen received a replica of the message the astronauts left on the moon and a PIECE OF MOON ROCK.

Why are you so hurt by this information?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Actually you are incorrect.

The proper way to say "moon rock" in Dutch is: "maan rots"

"maansteen" in translated to English is "moonstone"....a rather earthly type of translucent gem that is produced here on the Earth.

"Lunar Rocks" is "maan rots" also, and if you use the words Moon and Stone, you get maan steen, but they are separated.

When the words are put together, the Dutch word does not mean a rock from the moon, but the actual translucent gem Moonstone

So it looks like your news paper can't even get it's own language correct, and is in fact: wrong.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Sorry but this is a quite accurate translation. Maybe you used google translate, better ask another Dutch person to confirm the translation.

Translation:
When the astronaut arrived the Queen received a replica of the message the astronauts left on the moon and a PIECE OF MOON ROCK.

How should TW know where the moon rock is?

You say the article is incorrect, to make that claim you have to come with evidence. The only thing TW has seen are articles about the same event that do not mention that the Queen did get some moon rocks. That doesn't say anything TW agrees that a second source would be welcome lets search for it.
edit on 25-4-2015 by TheWhisper because: another

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

The proper way to say "moon rock" in Dutch is: "maan rots"

Maansteen = moon rock, so it`s actual correct Dutch.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join