It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien (1979)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I can't stand Rob Zombie. I hated what he did to the Halloween movies.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Oh I loved that movie and have seen it a number of times! Very scary!

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
And the hits keep coming by Skid Mark! Good call, a truly scary movie and a big reason why I love sci-fi so very much now!

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I looked for two and three but it's pay only. Otherwise I'd post them to even things out.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

This movie proves acting, imagination, screen writing and special effects have all gone down hill since 1979. Yes even special effects the visual atmosphere in this movie are better than promethus.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Another bit of trivia:
The eggs were supposed to be found in a temple not the Derelict, but that was changed in the movie.
Also, if you read the novel based on the movie, LV-426 (the planet they find the alien on) is to be in the Zeta Reticuli system, know of any other aliens from there?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
alien vs predator. full movie.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

I see to remember Agent Mulder from the X Files mentioning the place.
I didn't know there was a book. I have to find it now. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: Rikku

I didn't know that. Interesting. I wonder why they switched to female.

Um, because Sigourney Weaver? Duh.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

here's the second one

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FaceMyBook

Well, yeah, she is a nice bit of eye candy, isn't she?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Thanks! I actually looked for this but couldn't find it.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Alien is one of my favorite films, and not because of anxiety spiking during the chest-burst etc.

To be privy to the producer/director discussion on this matter would give such a tremendous insight into the social climate perceived by the "media" think tanks. That's part of how I experience cinema; why does the director want to show me this? What does the environment and characters represent in relation to myself?

Carl Jung proclaimed that in dreams, men perceive their subconsciousness as a female, and women perceive it as male. Cinema is so vastly programed and acutely thought-out that there is a real intention to affect your psyche somehow.

One reason to cast a female lead, besides making women look tough, could be that the intention was to put men's subconscious under pressure. By using Geiger's designs and the suggestive sexual violence, this effect is amplified. Thankfully the film ended with the heroine slaying the dragon.

I'm not particularly fond of Geiger's art. In fact, I find it quite unwholesome to the soul.

Aliens was very good too. The others and then A.vs.P. are too cheesy for me.
edit on 3-5-2015 by Boomorangatangarang because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The airlock scene in Alien struck me as so significant and enriched with layers of symbolism. There's many different angles working in this sequence.

Who is in the airlock, the safe room; a man, a woman, and a serpentine creature personifying corruptive influence.
Outside there is a man who wants to let it inside the ship and a woman who does not. Psycho-analytically, this arrangement is very similar to the Adam and Eve eating the fruit of knowledge.

The ship could represent the Garden of Eden, the airlock is the Tree of Knowledge.

The face-hugger is the forbidden fruit. It is the most basic and focused creature fixated on life, planting the embryo, and death, falling lifeless from its victim.

Perhaps Ripley at the pilot's helm is either God or Adam or both. "I'm in charge when Dallas is offboard the ship." So she's signifies God by default...in this particular scene...

The android disobeys the almighty word and takes the forbidden fruit opening the door by manual override. Ash is Eve.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join