It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Citizens! When is enough, ENOUGH?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So, fellow Citizens, what would be the "final straw" that would make you feel that it is time to "throw off such government" that has repeatedly broken the bonds that our wiser ancestors chained it with?

Should it not have been when Abraham Lincoln decided on murdering millions of his own citizens just so he could continue to lord over those remaining? Should it not have been when corporations were given all the rights and immunities of human beings... but none of the responsibilities? Should it have been when the U.S. government and Federal Reserve was incorporated or when they destroyed the gold standard ? Should it not have been when they granted themselves the right to snatch your sons and daughters from you to die in a foreign conflict for "national interests? Should it not have been when political ideals brought the earth to the brink of extinction? Should it not have been when executive orders began to trump our "elected
" officials in congress? Should it have been when the government began to "erect a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance"? Should it not have been a natural reaction towards "our" government "for imposing taxes on us without our consent" Should it not have been "for depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of trial by jury"? Why not when the government refuses to abide by the same laws as it subjects us to, even going so far as to pass laws exempting them from doing so? does this not make a mockery of the judicial system that holds the rest of us accountable? Why not when FDR held office for almost four terms when the law says two? What about the circumvention of Posse Comitatus by militarizing our "law enforcement" and then proceeding to use them against the average citizen? "For protecting them, by a mock trial, from punishment for any murders which they should commit on the inhabitants of these states"?

So, when is enough, enough? CPS kidnaps kids on a daily basis from people who dare defy the local, state, and federal governments. The government trains it's agents in the art of subterfuge, lying, bullying to coerce it's so called citizens into complying with whatever unjust whim it sees fit to dish out that day. It murders it's own citizens, on camera no less, daily, because it intentionally hires criminals and psychopaths to do it's bidding. It robs you of 1/10 of everything you make to train and equip these dogs that will be unleashed on YOU, then it taxes everything multiple times, robbing you once, twice, three times more when you spend the remainder of your government allowance. Is this the world you want for your children? Are their lives and happiness not more important than "getting by" Do ANY OF YOU plan on drawing a line in the sand, sticking to it, and backing it up? Or do you plan to, not only continue feeding the machine, but BE A PART OF IT? This country was once great, and it can be again, but only if people of stature, strength, compassion, and HONOR stand together and fight for it. What kind of world do you want to leave behind for your decendants? It is up to US because it is obvious no one else will fight for it. :usi:

"We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately." Benjamin Franklin

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
i look at what i have. i look at what the rest of the world has, im happy. people always seem to think the next new thing will be better, but it can also be worse.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
You lost me when you began with:

Should it not have been when Abraham Lincoln decided on murdering millions of his own citizens just so he could continue to lord over those remaining?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

I am asking you...as the author of this thread...what would be the (final straw) for you?

I think there is going to be major civil unrest in 2016...and perhaps that is why the military is working with different cities law enforcement and training in massive military drills...they are getting ready for this civil unrest...they know it is going to happen.

edit on 2015-04-25T11:16:19-05:00amSaturdayam2520154America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

i understand this. but i also understand that greed is all consuming. do you not think that "everyone else" was once in your position and let it slip away?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
there have also been times when change made things worse like when they kicked the brits out of south africa. now it is a sh*thole.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

i have already had my final straw snatched from my hands.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

how can you justify millions of deaths then? all i can say is "bon chance"
edit on 25-4-2015 by fixitwcw because: ...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

the only "change" i want is a return to what made this country great. a government that wants what is best for our people.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

have you met people? they are d bags.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

i agree lol. we have allowed them to become this way, with our inaction. take out the trash, or it will continue to grow.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

As the Harbinger of the Second American Revolution, I am obligated to ask what is asked of me in my countless attempts to rile support and force people to recognize the futility they continue to live in.

So the question is: what do you suppose we do to change this, should a majority of us decide to not take it anymore?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
when is enough enough you ask?

When they have everything and you have nothing. (and dibs on anything you might have in the future too)
edit on b32321145 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: fixitwcw

i have already had my final straw snatched from my hands.

But...what specifically is your final straw?

link   

Only if there was hope in a new type of person.

Why remove this government if it is only to be replaced by another just as flawed? For a few decades, maybe a century of pseudo freedom?

Humanity will always revert to being terrible.

Maybe we will fight and win a revolution and have it usurped by assholes like how the Soviet Union came about. Like our own republic.....

There is no point. Raise a family, eat sleep and smile. The rest is an exercise in futility. We fought off the English crown, only to have our efforts erased and rewritten behind closed doors. Even the constitution which was kind of a halfway point is being made irrelevant. So why bother?

Iceland for example, will just end up paying for their defiance. Not because their enemies are better, but because their best will join their enemies eventually....they have their price....we all do.

We arent capable of more. We are smart primates and thats about it. We will always war, oppress and stifle.....

Justify it, defend it, and repeat it all.

Unless some other type of person comes about that is truly different than us, I am not going to care.

Screw it. Have your crap world.

I wish I could just leave with my family and leave the world to suffer like it loves to.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheNewRevolution

yes, i think we both know the only solution is for a group of people to not take it any more. the question for ppl like us is how to get those kind of ppl to stand in solidarity, until the government lashes out because it cannot defeat us and shows the rest of the country it's true colors.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

my final straw, specifically, was when i had my son. the mothers family hates me because they were living off her food stamps and using her as the only source of income/transportation/subsistence, and i showed her a better life. they then proceeded to, on the day my son was born, call child protective services. now cps will respond to ANY complaint, even if it is baseless, most of the time they trick people into cooperating. now her family filed a missing person report on my childs mother. they tracked her down, and informed her family where we were. they showed up, along with cps. my son was 20 hours old, and cps comes into the hospital room lying, saying i didn't have rights.... the usual. i won that day, but i will stop it from happening again. over my dead body.

edit on 25-4-2015 by fixitwcw because: typo

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I believe the "final straw" will be given to us within a year and a half.The question is , will we recognize it enough to do something about it ? I know some people will , but will that be enough?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: here4this

what do you think will happen in the next year and a half? i have this feeling too. don't think it will be much past the next election to be honest.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Why not when FDR held office for almost four terms when the law says two?

Actually,that is why they passed the law that the president can only have two terms. Before FDR came along,there was no law of how many terms the president could serve. The republicans got upset when FDR kept getting in.

My point of no return has already happened. I give up on this country AND the people. I know the popular thing to say is, "well its the government,not the people that are the problem". Bull. The people have decided to not be involved and understand what is going on with their government. IT IS THEIR FAULT. They are willfully ignorant. They will raise and wave the flag till their arms fall off,but refuse to see what is really wrong so they don't have to do anything about it. So they go back to burying their head in their iphone and 'hope' for a better day. Hows that working for you? So the heck with it,they attack the messenger because they don't want to see what is right in front of their eyes. Let this country burn. I could care less. You will never get anything fixed here until you have enough people that care enough to fix whats wrong. And that ain't gonna happen. So whatever. When those people are locked up and denied their rights,let em whine about it. It will be too late. Not my problem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join