It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Democrats Use Nazi-Like Tactics Against Political Enemies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Wisconsin's Shame: 'I thought it was a home invasion'

It was indeed a home invasion, but the people who were pouring in were Wisconsin law-enforcement officers. Armed, uniformed police swarmed into the house. Plainclothes investigators cornered her and her newly awakened family. Soon, state officials were seizing the family’s personal property, including each person’s computer and smartphone, filled with the most intimate family information. Why were the police at Anne’s home? She had no answers. The police were treating them the way they’d seen police treat drug dealers on television. In fact, TV or movies were their only points of reference, because they weren’t criminals. They were law-abiding. They didn’t buy or sell drugs. They weren’t violent. They weren’t a danger to anyone. Yet there were cops — surrounding their house on the outside, swarming the house on the inside. They even taunted the family as if they were mere “perps.” As if the home invasion, the appropriation of private property, and the verbal abuse weren’t enough, next came ominous warnings. Don’t call your lawyer. Don’t tell anyone about this raid. Not even your mother, your father, or your closest friends.

If only a third of the allegations in this piece by the National Review are true it should concern you no matter your political affiliation. It has everything you'd expect from a totalitarian political regime, secret warrants against "John Doe", intimidation by police and prosecutors,threats to not tell anyone not even your lawyer,rubber stamped subpoenas by a partisan judge, and after reading about it leaves one feeling we live in a nation even less impressive than it was before reading.

I had truly thought I was unable to be shocked by the actions of the partisans on either side of the US political spectrum, but this is truly frightening. If the courts do not both put a stop to this and punish the DA and judges that partisanly pursued this, when does it become "necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them"?

A truly frightening example of how low partisanship has brought us as a nation.
edit on 25-4-2015 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

I'm not surprised. I mean the Democrats are acting like Nazis because they are a racist party themselves plus don't care about freedom for everyone. Look at Lyndon Johnson for example.

This is why Republicans and Democrats are opposite sides of the same coin.
edit on 25-4-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Indeed, this should not surprise us but it should shock us. This is very real and it is just the beginning.

Remember that law enforcement is unionized against citizens, when they perceive their personal entitlements under attack, they attack.

No matter how many citizens they murder and intimidate, they will not win.

As soon as is conceivably possible, they must be completely eliminated.

This will get much much worse as we begin to tackle the most violent and destructive force in the United States of America, public sector unions.
edit on 25-4-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jefwane
Wisconsin's Shame: 'I thought it was a home invasion'

It was indeed a home invasion, but the people who were pouring in were Wisconsin law-enforcement officers. Armed, uniformed police swarmed into the house. Plainclothes investigators cornered her and her newly awakened family. Soon, state officials were seizing the family’s personal property, including each person’s computer and smartphone, filled with the most intimate family information. Why were the police at Anne’s home? She had no answers. The police were treating them the way they’d seen police treat drug dealers on television. In fact, TV or movies were their only points of reference, because they weren’t criminals. They were law-abiding. They didn’t buy or sell drugs. They weren’t violent. They weren’t a danger to anyone. Yet there were cops — surrounding their house on the outside, swarming the house on the inside. They even taunted the family as if they were mere “perps.” As if the home invasion, the appropriation of private property, and the verbal abuse weren’t enough, next came ominous warnings. Don’t call your lawyer. Don’t tell anyone about this raid. Not even your mother, your father, or your closest friends.

If only a third of the allegations in this piece by the National Review are true it should concern you no matter your political affiliation. It has everything you'd expect from a totalitarian political regime, secret warrants against "John Doe", intimidation by police and prosecutors,threats to not tell anyone not even your lawyer,rubber stamped subpoenas by a partisan judge, and after reading about it leaves one feeling we live in a nation even less impressive than it was before reading.

I had truly thought I was unable to be shocked by the actions of the partisans on either side of the US political spectrum, but this is truly frightening. If the courts do not both put a stop to this and punish the DA and judges that partisanly pursued this, when does it become "necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them"?

A truly frightening example of how low partisanship has brought us as a nation.

Please explain what this has to do with Democrats?

And, if you didn't get the memo, Wisconsin has been controlled by Republicans for a while now....

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Someone didn't read the article I see. I have time so I'll humor your lack of inquisitiveness with a short synopsis.

A hard partisan Democrat DA and Judge used their powers to initiate a witch hunt against people who used their Natural Rights of speech and assembly protected in the US by the First Amendment. This happened around the time of the Walker recall and again at his re-election.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
There are at least two sides to every story especially when it involves politics.

Former Scott Walker aidexceeds top of pay scale with new job

I'm not here to change anyone's mind that is already set. Just pointing out that the article was designed to inflame. Nazi like Democrats, really, there's an honest debt tactic if I ever saw one.

From the article

Archer started the job last week, making $113,025 a year, or 31% more than the $86,278 earned by the woman who had held the job for more than a decade.

I would think any true fiscal conservative would be questioning that. What did she do to earn that if it wasn't political favor?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: villagesmithie

Actually, I'll take the blame for hyperbolic title of this thread. I was quite incensed after reading the article and thought "Wisconsin's Shame" just didn't capture the heinousness of the events portrayed in the story.

How else do you describe being taunted by Law Enforcement, told not to call a lawyer, avoid professions of innocence, and not tell anyone even neighbors who watched the raid happening that police raided your house and seized your computers and cell phones?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Then you need to read a little deeper.

Much of what has made this state great has been under attack under the walker administration. We here haven't seen much of him lately because this state is nothing more then a career move for him. He's looking for headlines to further his presidential ambitions.

Much of his tactics as governor and previously as Milwaukee county executive have been underhanded. His supporters portray the efforts against him as extreme but politics in this state have been run so there is little other choice.

As I said the article was designed to inflame. Deny ignorance. Learn the whole story before being lead by your emotions to a knee jerk reaction.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The whole story?

I give you carte blanche to invent an acceptable circumstance which justifies this behavior.

I will just wait right here.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Keep your mouth shut and your eyes to the ground. Don't mess with the "man" because the constitution is "just a piece of paper". The land of the "free" and the home of the "brave", not anymore it seems.

Can't pursue our rights out in the open anymore I guess. Time to go underground.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Well, it worked to inflame. But the fact is if the same tatics were used by someone, with a sworn duty to evnhandedly use prosecutorial and judicial discretion, against someone with a Liberal political persuasion, I'd be just as inflamed.

I know it's hard for partisans of either persuasion to acknowledge that there are some of us who really don't care about the partisan divide. If only half the accusations are true I'm still incensed by the story. I'd be just as pissed off about it if a Conservative prosecutor and judge colluded to use the same tactics against a Liberal cause.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I am trying to understand this.

Is it because they could not be charged with anything that they were not allowed to notify an attorney?

How does that work? What law allows them to say you can't contact an attorney or family? I read the part about the non-disclosure agreements they agreed to, but do non-disclosures really have that much power?

If the things done were on the up and up as being legal then we have a problem with the legal system.

What exactly is the correct terminology for "comprehensive secrecy orders" because the terminology doesn't turn anything of substance up in a search? Is that just another term for non-disclosure?

edit on 25-4-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Interesting article. I will have to dig in to the matter and do a little bit of research. Not saying any of this isn't true, but National Review is known for being very biased and I do not trust what they produce unless I can verify from other sources.

That being said, I'd like to ask what "Nazi-like tactics" were used here?

I think people throw around the Nazi term too much and it displays the ignorance people have in regards to Nazis, Hitler....etc.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: jefwane
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Someone didn't read the article I see. I have time so I'll humor your lack of inquisitiveness with a short synopsis.

A hard partisan Democrat DA and Judge used their powers to initiate a witch hunt against people who used their Natural Rights of speech and assembly protected in the US by the First Amendment. This happened around the time of the Walker recall and again at his re-election.

I love how a bunch of Republicans starred your post.

First, you need to include in your op more information. Nothing in the op explained it clearly. Hence the question. Second, this source is probably biased, and clearly partisan.

IF it was true and actually a real systemic issue, not a singular event, then I would be of course against it. Freedom of speech and dissent should never be stomped on by the government, nor by police, nor by a judge.

Having said all of that, it seems that it is Walker and his ilk that are trying to gut Wisconsin. Pro-corporation, pro-rich, anti-worker, par for the course with Republicans.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

but do non-disclosure really have that much power?

In short, yes.

Only those privy are legally allowed to know what's been agreed to.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
There are no real names given. Must be a fairy tale. If it is true, thank The Patriot Act when probable cause became reasonable suspicion. They can bust into your house too just because someone is suspicious of you.

NO ONE GIVES BACK FREEDOM OR POWER. Count it as a loss and one step closer to a real nazi regime. Thank yourselves and other voters for giving it up.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I am open minded, in particular about someone running for POTUS, so how about some proof of the accusations you are making.

Accusations are cheep shots without something to back up what you are saying.

edit on 25-4-2015 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

Not the point of this thread. I was pointing out that the article in the op was over the top, one sided, and meant to inflame and that there is another side to the story. Facts about Governor Walker are for another time and place. So call them cheap shots.

The one fact I did point out hasn't been addressed

From the article

Archer started the job last week, making $113,025 a year, or 31% more than the $86,278 earned by the woman who had held the job for more than a decade.

I would think any true fiscal conservative would be questioning that. What did she do to earn that if it wasn't political favor?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
this is disturbing almost beyond words.

www.examiner.com...

***Making matters worse, the so-called "mainstream media" chose to remain silent on the issue as though the rights of conservatives no longer matter. ABC, CBS and NBC, Whitlock said, "skipped the terrorizing of Americans simply for their political beliefs." An article at USA Today, however, criticized the raids and said the prosecutors involved should be punished. Unfortunately, French said, even if the networks manage to wake up to the events that took place in Wisconsin, conservatives shouldn't expect much. ***

Media Establishment won't talk about it. no surprise.

Gov Walker addresses the issue

www.jsonline.com...

***In a swing through the crucial presidential state of Iowa this weekend, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker questioned the constitutionality of raids on the homes of his supporters and said the tactics used by prosecutors to investigate groups backing him should concern liberals and conservatives alike.

"I said even if you're a liberal Democrat, you should look at (the home raids) and be frightened to think that if the government can do that against people of one political persuasion, they can do it against anybody, and more often than not we need protection against the government itself."***

one wonders what will happen in true 'blue' states like Massachusets and Maryland one day.

okay, you both-parties-are-the-same hosers, find me a Republican prosecutor doing this to liberals.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
USA Today chimes in.

www.usatoday.com...

"When Vladimir Putin sends government thugs to raid opposition offices, the world clucks its tongue. But, after all, Putin's a corrupt dictator, so what do you expect?
But in Wisconsin, Democratic prosecutors were raiding political opponents' homes and, in a worse-than-Putin twist, they were making sure the world didn't even find out, by requiring their targets to keep quiet."

good job, Wisconsin democrats. your own media is comparing you to Vladimir Putin.
maybe not Nazi, but definitely Fascist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join