It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if heaven was the imagination?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
What if heaven was the imagination or another word for it at least. We hear of out of body experiences and near death experiences where people have out of body ones too but....

What if an out of body experience, near death experience, projection of ones consciousness was just entering the realm of imagination. Rather than flickering images of whatever it is you try to picture in your mind, because thats what happens when say you try picture a white goat, you can see its a goat but you can't picture the goat properly and see the goat so clearly as if to say it was in front of you.

What if then we could train our mind to enter this realm of imagination, to fully see the images and feel what you will with your mind like they are just as clearly see able and feeling real as the shoes you wear?

One of the terms for this is astral projection. but maybe the astral plane is heaven? picture yourself stood in your room or wherever you like, you see yourself now, wave to the observer watching you, whilst you relay back to them. which one is you? or is it all you? the wave you just did was done by your will and so is the image you created, if you increase your will, you will increase the clarity of the images to the point where they will be as real as anything your two eyes see except this maybe be your third eye.

if you doubt the imagination is more than just the imagination, whatever an imagination is, ask yourself, how can i see myself stood in my imagination, if i'm not really stood there?

but you are there so what is the truth? imagination, or something a lot greater?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Wisdomer

Well that is one of the key efforts of authentic religiousness - to ascertain what is a projection of the imagination and what is not. Religion ( the sort that has been described as the opium of the masses) is content with belief and imagination as long as it corresponds to the orthodox path laid down by predecessors. Religiousness on the other hand will not rest until the pure gold is smelted from the dross. I envisage after-life paradises which exist and are made manifest purely by continued belief and the imagination that goes hand in hand with it. But these worlds are merely projections as are dreams and are part and parcel of astral world reality. There is mentioned in esoteric texts something known as Astral sleep which is probably an exhaustion after one's mind upholding the "reality" of such self-created worlds. After this one's mind is transported to destinations that are the outcome of mechanical laws. Passive awareness or witnessing is the key to discovery of the real as opposed to the invented.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
We actually can do this already, to the lucidity you're suggesting as well. It's called Lucid Dreaming, and it stretches as far as the imagination will go.

Although, the only issue with this and "heaven" is that heaven is usually expressed in a way which is after death. Since our brains cease to function once we are deceased, "heaven" would also be extinguished. At least at a personal level.

I think this terminology you're speaking of is more of a metaphorical term than a literal one, though. Not sure if that was your intention or not.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Heaven is an easy one. You experience heaven every time you fall asleep, pass out, black out, whatever.

Ever been put under for surgery? Isn't it weird how that time is just gone? Say you never woke up from that, you wouldn't really notice, right?

Or better yet, remember what you were thinking about before you were born? Wait no, that's a tricky one, because at one point does the human brain become capable of this kind of thought? Science? Wtf?

We're just mold on a rock

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
You could say it's all imagination, until someone imagines something real, they've never seen or heard of before. Then what is it?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The cool thing about NDE's is that there has been evidence of people who have been technically brain dead, who come back to life with these incredible experiences.

Another interesting one I heard fairly recently, was about a blind woman who had an out of body experience....she was able to see for the very first time in her life. She could see herself and the doctors around her very vividly.

Terrible quality, but it's a good watch
vimeo.com...
edit on 25-4-2015 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
You could say it's all imagination, until someone imagines something real, they've never seen or heard of before. Then what is it?

That would be called "Remote Viewing" and the gov actually trained people to develop that skill, but the research is now classified and updates to this study are not released... (I think)
edit on 25-4-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is a age old question.....Is heaven for real???? What if this is a long daydream as to say and when we die we are actually in the real reality.....All I really know for sure is there is more to this life then we understand....I am hopeful upon death the secrets will be revealed.....but in the word of my Uncle, "there is no guarantee we will ever know." a reply to: Wisdomer

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
After reading said thread I quickly joined to arrange words. "Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. George Bernard Shaw"
edit on 25-4-2015 by Envisage because: looked silly

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
...tulpas in the bedclothes, bardo worlds at whim or paranoia, satans, like toothpaste at the late-nite supermarket - 1000 different flavours to choose from...lit up under flickering flourescence...

Imagine there is an Almighty, superintelligent Source that would create a hell for you...or, rather, imagine that you can only ever return to the Source, at your own speed, in your own time, at your own understanding...

One of these makes sense...and all cosmologies hint at almost all of the combinations and permutations that you can 'go' to...all destinations are the same, just as the source is the same...imagination is both a distraction and a boon...as it has designed the hellworlds across the accumulated generations of imagination (through the machinery of thought), designed the credos of annihilationist philosophy that have collectively created an 'either-or' scenario, that does not even gel in its own mold...

There is only one 'place' to come from, and only one 'place' to return to...the steed of the imagination must be held firmly by its reigns, lest it gallops out of control...to all, and any of the places it could go...

Å99

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Yeah i say lucid dreaming is astral projection created from the sleep state, lucid dreaming usual is on the etheric plane rather than the astral plane where as astral projection is. Near death experiences are people who have shifted their consciousness/awareness to another body, an etheric or astral one.

I just trying to prevoke thought in all those who know nothing of the subject but i suppose when i say it may be heaven i should have put more precise elaboration.

Red or rouge? depends what language you speak but you can change the symbol, red or rouge but the thing behind the symbol, the symbolised cannot be changed so you can it a dog or a mong, it dosent change what the dog acutally is, you just change the symbol for it. Now think of that concept in terms of the imagination/heaven, god, the devil. That is how the imagination is secretly described as heaven in the bible.

There is many hidden messages throughout the bible, this is one of them if you read through the symbols, rather than the symbols themselves.

We see things as we are, not as they are.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Yeah it is remote viewing but nothing has one name, astral projection/lucid dreaming/shifting conciousness is other names for it, aswell as spirit walk in tribes probably. The gov were doing it but they found that the native americans/indians had this technique and they were using native indians in order to remote view/scout for them, then started to use it themselves later on.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
'Imagination' contains every permutation & combination you can envision...we have had the capacity to do this forever, and some visions become concretised in 3D/4D...to have been created in an image of (with the basic machinery to create) - things get 'created'...imagination, along with the free will to do it (but not necessarily the acumen to take responsibility for the memory of its creation/concretisation)...is inbuilt...1000 different flavours of heaven & hell...(probably more)...

Å99

new topics

top topics

join