It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zahi Hawaas refuses to debate Graham Hancock after seeing...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
He doesn't want to be associated with bogus science, what it wrong with that?

They always try to trick established people from fields to leech off of their credibility. He knows very well if he was in the same debate with these hacks they would take all of his comments out of context to live forever on the internet as if undisputed facts.

Quoted for truth.

What set Hawass off in this case was the inclusion of Bauval in Hancock's presentation. Hawass is convinced Bauval played a role in the vandalism of the worker graffiti in the so-called 'relieving chambers; in the GP. Whatever you want to say about Hawass as a person you can't deny his passion for protesting Egyptian antiquities from knuckleheads who want to destroy them to prove some pet theory (like ancient astronauts or long-lost civs).

This.

I'm surprised Hawass even agreed to it in the first place. I know if I were one of the world's foremost authorities on any ancient culture, I wouldn't waste my time arguing with people who refuse to believe any version of history that doesn't include aliens or 'lost technology'. Of course, Hawass did entertain such ideas himself at one point, so maybe he was doing it out of pity.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Lgbtlivesmatter

the foootage of his tantrum was before the lecture that graham gave he left and missed grahams lecture , hawass thengave his own lecture which was nothing more then a publicity campaign showing pictures of him with famous people and regyrgitating crap he would say to high school students, then a short debate happened , look at the other videos circulating, if you dont beleive i canpost you a pic of me and graham standing at the pyramids together i just soent 2 weeks traveling trough egypt with him on a tour

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: sacredvisions

Awesome! How was the trip? Man, start a thread on that please! I would love to have a bottle of wine or two and spend the evening speaking to Mr. Hancock. Good on you! I cannot believe the closed mindedness of people, to just disparage another persons well researched view.

I too believe mankind has been capable of remarkable feats in our dim history, whether or not aliens, or others aided doesn't really matter at this point...imo the real question we need to arrive to, is whether or not we have the right dates and there are plenty of pieces of evidence beyond astronomy..IE geology that point to a different time frame.

Man, I am so envious of your trip, please share!

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: druid1

i got told in egypt that zahi is part of an old priesthood called amen they have been going since ancient times and have been keeping knowledge hidden

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

the trip was amazing!, i am at singapore airport tired as so i will post later, i had some epic conversations with graham, he is an amazing human being

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: sacredvisions
a reply to: druid1

i got told in egypt that zahi is part of an old priesthood called amen they have been going since ancient times and have been keeping knowledge hidden

He must have just recently become a member of this "priesthood" then, since he, too, used to entertain ignorant ideas of aliens and whatnot.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

WOW - lucky Hancock and Hawass are both mere men and simply irrelevant in the big picture and of course neither can give logical answers to the worlds oldest questions.

Hancock, Hawass, Buvall or Satan himself I could not give a fat rats cracker who does it.

NO-ONE has been able to effectively explain how, as just ONE example:

1. These massive granite Sarcophagus were placed in such precise positions.
2. How these surfaces were finished.

Opinions can be left at the door - I want scientific proof.

And of course, since I have been there and seen this, and many other sites globally myself, I expect Mr Hancock or Hawass to provide the answer(s)....neither of which effectively has.

If it be men - prove it.
If it be aliens - prove it.

**c r i c k e t s**

Then we will move onto Baalbek, Lebanon.....and keep going thereafter so the theory needs to withstand scrutiny and account for ALL ancient architecture currently found globally and leave absolutely no doubt in ANYONES mind as to their construction.

I'll just standby for Mr Hancock or Mr Hawass (hell, I'll even accept feedback from the red skinned horned fella) to come back to me..............

Cheers.

edit on 26-4-2015 by Sublimecraft because: no one has the answer - that's the nuts and bolts of it ladies.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

They always try to trick established people from fields to leech off of their credibility. He knows very well if he was in the same debate with these hacks they would take all of his comments out of context to live forever on the internet as if undisputed facts.

Quoted for truth.

What set Hawass off in this case was the inclusion of Bauval in Hancock's presentation. Hawass is convinced Bauval played a role in the vandalism of the worker graffiti in the so-called 'relieving chambers; in the GP. Whatever you want to say about Hawass as a person you can't deny his passion for protesting Egyptian antiquities from knuckleheads who want to destroy them to prove some pet theory (like ancient astronauts or long-lost civs).

You really need to get informed. Bauval has provided documentation proving that he could not have been involved in the "cartouche affair" and also photos showing Hawass had been visiting the chamber some time before the damage was first discovered. It now seems quite possible that Hawass himself was involved in having some paint removed from the cartouche in order to establish its age secretly because of the controversy over its genuiness as proof that the pyramid was a burial tomb.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

look at hancocks work, he dosnt subscribe to the alien theory at all, the many lectures we had in egypt graham always says its got nothing to do with aliens, its ancient civilisations before 11600 bc, people need to stop asociating grahams work with ancient aliens he dosnt believe that at all

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

look at hancocks work, he dosnt subscribe to the alien theory at all, the many lectures we had in egypt graham always says its got nothing to do with aliens, its ancient civilisations before 11600 bc, people need to stop asociating grahams work with ancient aliens he dosnt believe that at all

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
No, this is a better thread anyway. It has more background info and Scott never seems to participate in his own threads. Not sure why he even has his own forum. His research isn't much better than most other members that actually DO participate in their threads.

Thanks for clearing up a few things OP

edit on 26-4-2015 by Chickensalad because: spelling

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Whatever the truth about ancient Egypt is, there's no real or substantial enough REASON for an ADULT professional to throw an infantile fit and storm off. Such idiotic, reactionary behavior conveys nothing other than tremendous insecurity, uncertainty in one's convictions, whether or not that's the actual case with Hawass. Perhaps the guy is only your basic garden variety a-hole douche and nothing more, or perhaps there's something more sinister behind it.

To me the argument should focus on whether or not there is water erosion on the Sphinx, and if so, in what time frame could it possibly have happened?
edit on 27-4-2015 by Lightworth because: spelling

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Much appreciated
reply to: Chickensalad

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I agree entirely. ...IE Dr. Schrock or something like that has quite a body of evidence for the sphinx being under water. reply to: Lightworth

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

Watch the video, Hawass repeats over and over 'the man is a thief,' regarding Bauval. Hancock included Bauval in his presentation which set off Hawass. He (Hawass) blames him for the vandalism indirectly.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi

Quoted for truth.

You really need to get informed. Bauval has provided documentation proving that he could not have been involved in the "cartouche affair"

That is certainly not the case.

All this is is a pair of claims. There is no evidence for or against Bauval's involvement with the German thieves.

originally posted by: micpsiand also photos showing Hawass had been visiting the chamber some time before the damage was first discovered. It now seems quite possible that Hawass himself was involved in having some paint removed from the cartouche in order to establish its age secretly because of the controversy over its genuiness as proof that the pyramid was a burial tomb.

You really need to get informed. There is no controversy about the cartouche. The Germans claim never to have touched it. Hawass was going off the original claim wherein Bauval stated that the Germans had sampled the cartouche. The Germans now state they didn't sample the cartouche itself, just some nearby glyph (as if that makes it better.)

Hawass believes Bauval is involved because it was Bauval that announced the crime to the world via the internet.

Hawass could be wrong. But he also could be right.

Only a complete moron would think that the age of the GP could be determined through sampling paint that has been subject to contamination via human hands, burning torches, smoke etc for a hundred and fifty years, not to mention the very real and stated fact that the sampling included stone from behind the paint - limestone containing carbon that is literally tens of millions of years old.

Two, separate, rounds of carbon testing have already been done on the carbon found within the mortar that is between stones everywhere in the pyramid. These samples were drilled out from depths of from several inches to several feet. The carbon is in chunks - left by the process of making the mortar.

Results conform to the theoretical age within a century or so.

Hawass knows this, of course, and so there is no motivation for him sampling the paint.

The Germans sampled it hoping to prove it was recent. But they knew so little about what they were doing that they didn't even realize that no testing on this paint could ever successfully prove anything at all about the age of the pyramid or the paint, unless the paint could be shown to contain modern chemicals.

IOW, they were trying to establish that the glyphs were fraudulent through C14, a stupid, stupid idea from two idiots that simply don't know enough about the topic to affect any reasonable hypothesis.

Harte

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Well, don't jump to conclusions, they are mortals, but mortals I find more interesting to have a good cigar (say an Oliva V double robusto) and a glass of wine with over the likes of Hawaas (I dont tend to spend time with people who react like children). It's the conversations regarding the very things you brought up that interest me. I personally dont subscribe to any speculation as truth, however it does give a direction for study and perhaps discovery of the very things you asked.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Hay all,
Im looking for any videos with Hawaas debating people who are against mainstream views.
Are there any? Was this is 1st time debating that didnt eventuate.

Coomba98

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
well, the two germans say ( and this under oath) that they

1. only did this after getting all the official permissions. As many some times before, they already did get permissions on earlier visits, every time they did years before. They also did get all the help from the involved workers, they provided the ladders etc..You woudn´t get that without permission at all.

2. claims that they did without are lies.

3. they sampley some micrometer-like amount of the black paint in the corner, not the khufu cartouche.

4. Hawass shortly after claimed they destroyed the khufu cartouche and send in official controlling team.
At the first time they didnt find any damaging. Then another team was send in that ´found´chiseled scratches on the original khufu cartouche.

5. They claimed that that was the work of the germans.

6. The germans got a foto from 2006 of Bauval that proved that these chiseled scratches had already been done then, NOT 2014 by them.

7. Hawass officially got sued himself now by the recent officials because they think he is involved, as he was the head in 2006.

edit on 2-5-2015 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I Agree with the orisginal post. Hawas indeed reacts like a highly enraged high preast of a questioned religion, this religion is Egyptology. For me it is a hierarchical structure of claiming truth and discrediting other scientists, and Zahi Hawas is still high up the ladder. He's so involved in this religion that his subconcious self image completely depends on it. If someone questions it, he has to fight it, because ohterwise his ego will lose the "big man" attitude it depends on to stay on top in a percieved dog eat dog world of Egyptology, where scientists dont really work together.They are eachothers competition and they will do anything to discredit "the opposing" side, even through unscientific means.
This is why Zahi even had the guts to say that he will stop Robert Bauval from entering the country... Since when does a archeologist have the authority to dicatate immigration policies? This shows his complete belief in this dominating hierarchical straucture. Many scientists and normal people have this problem. To me it's a "spirtitual" desease in modern day society. People define their existence/self image in reflection of authoritarian, hierarchical, externalised constructucts of dualistic black and white truths.

So I wonder: Why did't Zahi simply debate the claims made by Bauval about the Giza-Orion connection? If astronomers really found out that the correlation is "wanting" and not very obvious at all, this whould not be a problem for a big man like Hawas?
Leaders of a dogmatic authoritarian religion don't want a discussion that could overtrow the powerstructure that gives them self-importance, thats why!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join