It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson In Not Giving Up ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
No I have no regrets, I LOVE ATS...

I posted four new threads last night, all latest news kind of stuff and yes it is stuff I am interested in but after lying in bed afterwards I started thinking to myself, why did I join ATS?

And then it came to me I joined for answers:

Area 51

Big foot

Yeti

Loch Ness

The Bermuda triangle

Atlantis

Antichrist

Chemtrails

HAARP

Ancient aliens

UFO's

Religious truth

Modern secret technology

Secret societies

And the list goes on. Have I found the answers I was looking for? In a word no BUT thanks to all your efforts I think I might be closer to the truth than ever before.

So what if there's been no full disclosure or powerful secret insider information or evidence that's beyond reasonable doubt to prove or disprove any of the items on the above mentioned list (add ESP, ghosts, etc).

The point is that we are waiting for it and know it will happen someday! Will I be the one to bring a clear (not blurry) photo of a UFO to ATS? I might. Will Elvis visit me and reveal the truth of the afterlife, the universe and everything? He might. Will I be the first to make an object move with my mind or have a dream which actually accurately predicts the future? Who knows.

One day its all going to happen. All the tiny little bits and pieces we've been putting together for so long are going to come together and were going to see THE WHOLE PICTURE.

I feel were very close and can't give up now. When ET finally lands I want to be right under his spaceship so he can blow me to smithereens! (Oh wait that was Independence day.)

One day I'm going to bring something that will blow your minds and it will be real and you guys will not be able to disprove it and finally we will close at least one of these chapters. Or not.

So did I find answers on ATS? Hell yeah! I found that if we all work together we can solve almost nothing.

(Sorry if I'm offending anyone.)

ATS really tries to solve all these issues and that's why its my favorite website. Don't worry guys someday well get something right.

Anyone share this sentiment?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Before i came to ATS i was a big believer in aliens and extraterrestrial ufo's.
Now i dont believe in either and sometimes i wish i still did just for the awe and wonder. Having said that, ive been educated here like nowhere else.

I love ATS im here every day its the first site i come to when i turn on the laptop

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

Haha. Elvis talking about the afterlife? Now there's an image. Yes, I know he was a spiritual kind of guy, but If he appeared to me, I'd fully expect no less than a private concert beginning with a rendition of "Are you lonesome tonight?"

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Well, there is definitely a reason why I am active on this site. For one, I'm a serial stalker. When I get going in the morning, I typically go to 3 websites to get a quick overview at what is going on in the world that might not be reported in more mainstream mediums, and ATS is not only one of those, but also my favorite and probably the most complete.

Also, I very much enjoy the feedback and coagulation of knowledge and theory that we share here. It's important. Just today (or yesterday, can't remember) I replied to a thread and was quickly corrected by someone, and I was in fact wrong. Although I hate being wrong, I appreciate the correction. I'd rather be wrong on here and learn my mistake than make an ass of myself out in the world with the same mistaken conclusion.

I suppose the one critique that I have of ATS is that I'm a very devout believer in Christ, and I really don't engage in any discussions that have to do with belief of such matters here, because there is just too much animus. As open a minded community as we suppose to be (and prove ourselves so often to be), ATS seems often terribly myopic in this regard, and I suppose that stunts some conversations that might otherwise prove enriching.

Anyway, glad you and I are here!

The Electric Priest

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

Haha. Elvis talking about the afterlife? Now there's an image. Yes, I know he was a spiritual kind of guy, but If he appeared to me, I'd fully expect no less than a private concert beginning with a rendition of "Are you lonesome tonight?"

You'll be able to tell the ghost is Elvis by the grease on the sheet from the fried banana and peanut butter sandwiches...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

ATS is my home page. Has been since even before I joined.

I consider ATS as the mind of the internet from which all my interests emanate.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
My time on ATS has helped me in many ways.
Here, I've learned a great deal. Not just from what people post, but what they do NOT post as well as the manner in which things are posted.

I can't attribute my conclusions to be all due to ATS, but the internet itself instead as the complete tool. So, when I say "here" I have learned, it's more the collective internet, but ATS has been invaluable as well.

I have come to disbelieve in just about everything.

Here, I have searched for proof of supernatural events and examples and found nothing of substance whatsoever.

Searching here has helped me come to the conclusion that there is no god and afterlife. Just by reading many of the believer's threads it's sometimes clear to me how little they even seem to know regarding their religions. Time after time, I see logic vs. faith and have yet to see even one good argument in faith's corner that makes any kind of real sense.

I've learned that U.F.O.s are almost always explainable as Chinese lanterns or swamp gas/etc. Now drones too!

While my belief that other life certainly exists out there somewhere, I don't think they're hangin' out much here, if at all.

I have learned a lot more about secret societies and the NWO. Do I think those possibilities mean something big is coming from them soon? Not really. But it's smart to be aware.

Mostly, I have learned on this site, like others, that science trumps all and the members here that are knowledgeable in those scientific fields, have been invaluable in the hundreds of discussions I've seen over the years.

Editing to add thanks to another recent thread:

What all my research on ATS and the internet in general has culminated in most of all is, how little anything changes. Day to day you can find posts regarding the same topics and mimicking the same topics that have been on these boards for years now. It's rather disheartening, really. In another few years, I guarantee people will still be debating the same things, fighting the same fights and talking the same talk.
It's almost eerie how similar how you can look back years and have it be difficult to tell whether those threads are old or new with the similarities.

edit on 23-4-2015 by gottaknow because: added info.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
Before i came to ATS i was a big believer in aliens and extraterrestrial ufo's.
Now i dont believe in either and sometimes i wish i still did just for the awe and wonder. Having said that, ive been educated here like nowhere else.

I love ATS im here every day its the first site i come to when i turn on the laptop

That's a mighty harsh conclusion. Just because you haven't seen anything with your own eyes, doesn't mean it doesn't exist...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
ATS is one of my homes away from home - on the internet. So in three years here...

I still believe in the paranormal - because nothing can change what I've experienced.

I still believe in the likelihood of extraterrestrial life. However, I've come to find the Von Nuemann Theory (sp?) very compelling. I believe the UFOs we see are likely unmanned probes, which is the first thing they sent out to explore the universe. Now, we've been seeing these UFO (Angels, Faerie, Willow-O-Wisps) now for a very, very long time. When one of their unmanned probes pinged life here in the backwoods of the Sol system - who know who they sent or if they are here yet. But it's probable. Because I guarantee you, the first probe we send out that sends back data there is life on another planet - you can bet your big toe - we're all over that planet with unmanned probes.

I also still entertain that we are imprisoned on this planet. It is almost as though... we can't or not allowed to. Just unmanned probes, and stay within a few miles of your stratosphere. Otherwise, we appear to be grounded. Of course, it could just be we can't survive out there... those poor astronauts....

I find the ancient astronaut theory also very compelling and attractive. Man, it would fill in all the holes and gaps.

I still have suspicions that the earth is filled with cryptids we've yet to identify. With all the federal land grabs of vast forested areas and keeping the public out... well it raises my eyebrow. Oh, and being from Michigan, I've glimpsed the beast or something that was diseased enough it looked more unholy beast than animal.

ATS has helped me realize, even on the online forums - you can't trust anybody. Nobody. Ever in life. There is only oneself.

But ATS also helped me find my voice, when it was lost for a very long time. I thank you all for that.

CdT

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

No, ive seen 2 ufo's ,one very close. I just dont believe they are extraterrestrial.
I think they are a phenomenom that we cant comprehend at the present time.

The physics involved for aliens to get here are staggering. I also dont believe ufo's are ours.
"Messengers of Deception" as the great man Jacques Vallee called them

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Yes! I share your sentiment!
ATS is the first website I visit when powering on my laptop -- I've been visiting the site for a very long time and I swear, I can get lost in the content for hours at a time -- reading, analyzing, researching.
I love this forum and the community of those who share similar perceptions and strive for learning the "truth."

My trek with ATS through the years has definitely shifted prior ideologies and beliefs I once held -- I appreciate everyone's view points and proposed theories because it makes me think and, by nature, I'm very analytical and reading these conjectures from others only propels me to learn more and to delve deeper -- anyway, I'm typing this on no caffeine and feel like I'm rambling now, however, to reassure you -- Yes! I definitely do share your sentiment

Cheers,
~Sovereign

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Very well said H.D.....I think it should be said this is the place for answers. Whether we learn something's right or wrong, true or false, fake story or true disclosed coverups...the very reason we members are and have been here....and continue to sign on in droves....is for answers.

If one cannot get them of the sites out there...we can at ATS. As the saying goes "Prepare to be amazed". We are the culmative voice to be heard. And that makes us what we are...seekers of truth, justice, elation and information.

No matter the subject...we learn. And as the late Maya Angelou said, in regards to ATS? "We rise, we rise...we RISE".

And ATS holds the ladder.....Thanks again H.D.
Best....MS

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Hello all. I am a new member. Bounced around the site a few times over the yrs. I'm anxious to devour the information here. I almost gave up on ATS when I read about who may be monitoring this site.i panicked deleted my posts immediately.lol. Guilt by association. I stopped myself. I'm glad I did . At first I looked at ATS as a place where I could share a few unexplained circumstances and I was anxious to share. Then I realized that this is a place where I should be reading rather than writing. I think a site like ATS is the only place where you can finally say to yourself.I get it .ive heard it all.every angle .But I do believe there are great things to come. The site will always be relevant. .

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I agree with the OP, however, this is my first time on the site in over a week which is the longest I've ever stayed away. I think the site is loosing its roots from its great beginnings. So many Threads on religion is like attending a Sunday School half the time and all the homophobia is staggering.

I've come on today to see if I feel any differently and to be honest, the site now seems to be about "Quantity rather than Quality" of the threads.. The site has lost some great thinkers and contributors and instead we find "Kremlin Trolls", "Bible Bashers" and "Bigots" all of which has nothing to do with the original Conspiracy Theory topics.

I've found another site (Which I will not name) but is the same as the old ATS with in-depth discussions rather than the aforementioned.

I think my days here are numbered!

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

I tend to take breaks from ATS if it overloads me. But I always wander back.

I've looked into the other conspiracy forums too. What I found most striking, was that I could identify at least a dozen or more regular posters here on ATS - over there to. Then I also recognize some of the more distasteful characters, that have gotten themselves booted from ATS more than once, on different monikers. What's the difference when it's all the same people on the different boards? ATS has the best format for creating quality posts and attractive threads. Plus, they hold membership responsible for their words and behavior towards each other. They have a well laid out terms and conditions that does it's best to minimize hate speech.

ATS is right where I belong.

CdT

new topics

top topics

join