It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annoying video ads!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I was on here last night and happened to click on the forum button. When it got to the page this loud ass video ad starts. I mean, it was LOUD! Scared the ever loving crap out of me. So here I am trying like mad to find out where the damn noise is coming from so I can shut it off because 1 it was late at night and people were sleeping, 2 I was listening to something else, and 3 it was annoying me. To my surprise, I see that it's coming from the forum page. I don't know why in the hell it has to be cranked up so loud. It was twice as loud as what I was listening to. I clicked on the forum page to post this and saw that it's still there. I guess I'll have to pause whatever I'm listening to and shut my speakers off whenever I want to post a thread until it's gone. It really sucks.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I don't get those (thank God) as long as I'm logged-on to the site. I do find it unusual that certain pages still display ads while others do not. The Forum page only shows ads for AARP at the moment.

Must have something to do with posting from Asia.

-Cheers

ETA: feels like the site is under attack again. everything's moving slower than pond water.
edit on 2342015 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I only seem to get them if I have an ATS tab open and I'm not on that page. I have a habit of opening tons of tabs and then having to figure out which one is making the noise. It's usually ATS but it never does it if I'm looking at the ATS page.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I was logged in. Your not getting them might have something to do with location. I don't know if they go by region.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I usually have 3 tabs open, too. Sometimes more if I'm posting a thread or getting ready to. One is usually for music and the others are ATS and whatever material I want to post.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Your settings....not ATS....Im not the only one of thousands of members who doesnt get any of those, audi, popups, ads....nothing.

It your end....otherwise it would happen to all....its maybe only like 20% of members that do.

Go thru your autoplay video opps.....

(post by mikeone718 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I have heard using Firefox and a Firefox plugin named ghostery = no worries on most websites

(post by JDmOKI removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I read that part. No worries. I don't use them.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Closing thread. Please take advantage of the thread in Board Business and Questions instead.

Worst Ads Ever Link

Thanks,

Blaine91555

new topics

top topics

join