It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism in the Bible

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

well supposing you believed in God, and were a woman and God said he wanted you to be the mother of his child would you say no, if you really believed. plus she knew the shame and disgrace that she would be facing, yet chose to say yes.

plus wasn't Jesus that said he "let he who is without sin, cast the first stone". then turned and forgave the woman and told her not to sin any more.

edit on 23-4-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

The rich and powerful married at those younger ages. Because of the purity and certified that the girl was a virgin. Very common for kings to do this the younger the better to them but they still could not do sexual things until the girl had her first period and was able to conceive

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

as i said only a apologist keeps on and on making excuses.
it is well documented by those same clerics and scholars, that ol mo would thigh her, look it up.

or look up where he asked men why they don't marry young virgins so they could play with them and them play with the men.

edit on 23-4-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: borntowatch

I know as a fact Darwinism was used to justify the execution of Jews in death camps

So? Christians will use anything to promote their scripture based bigotry, even science when it's convenient.

So it's a human thing. Trying to paint a picture that it's only group A or group B that does X, Y or Z is just another form of bigotry.

So why can't the religious recognize that and stop defending their own personal bigotry with "god breathed" scripture?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: christophoros

13 is a hell of a lot different than 6, or a 2yr old baby. now isn't it.

And I'm no Muslim apologist.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

We live our lives according to what's in the book. You don't have to like it or live by it, and I'm not asking you to.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

plus wasn't Jesus that said he "let he who is without sin, cast the first stone". then turned and forgave the woman and told her not to sin any more.

Excellent point! So why are some Christians so bigoted when it comes to same sex marriage, pointing to Jesus' lecture against divorce, fornication and adultery?

Mary, technically, should have stayed celibate, because she was "owned" by God, and since he fathered her child, God was technically, her husband. But we know that she had relations with Joseph, because the Bible says so. Ipso facto, Mary was just as sexually immoral as any gay couple.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

We live our lives according to what's in the book. You don't have to like it or live by it, and I'm not asking you to.

So, another words, critical thinking isn't part a part of your lives.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Did God marry Mary? I missed that part of the Bible.

Also, Joseph was commanded by an angel to take Mary as his wife even after discovering that she was pregnant. You really should read Matthew 1: 18-24 just as Luke 1 gives the account of how Mary came to be pregnant.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
One of the reasons I have a very hard time trusting Christians is because of the way they twist the Holy Word to rationalize their sins, bigotry and "holier than thou" attitudes. If you do believe it is the true word of God...then for Christ sake....live it!!

Otherwise you are just another hypocrite and get the respect that hypocrites deserve.....none at all!
edit on 23-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

So, another words, critical thinking isn't part a part of your lives.

No it is. I have had to think about it every step of the way. My husband and I both tried living without God in our lives, but somehow things just seemed empty and meaningless. Nihilism and hedonism only go so far before they seem pointless.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Gays are only immoral in that they cannot engage in relations inside of wedlock. Marriage is between a man and woman.

Mary and Joseph were married when they engaged in relations, so that is not sinful.

Mary and God never had relations in the physical sense. This is why it is what is called a Miracle. You know, God can perform those which is one of the perks of being ... God.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I'm not making excuses just stating what was common at the time take your problems up with the ancestors of old. Muhammad isn't to only pedophile of the old world.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The passages you speak of are perversions of the word you must really study the book for the clues. It's funny when Christians say the bible is the infallible word of god but the bible itself admits it will be distorted to further Satan's cause. You must learn to decipher the clues are there.

I'm just reading the passages as they are written. If they are disgusting, then take that up with your God. I nor Satan didn't write them. Sounds like you are running out of excuses to justify the Bible's awful content.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I'm not trying to suggest that Christians haven't risen above the racist claims in the bible. In fact, I appreciate when it happens. I argue that such passages should be marked down and explained to other Christians that this isn't how one is supposed to act towards other people. Jesus is supposed to be saying love all, yet we continually have Christians using these passages to promote hate and intolerance.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
Star and flag for stating that bigoted actions exist in the bible, thats amazing.
Truly how clever you are at stating the obvious..Now tell me what were the consequences of racism in the bible

Well the passages that I showed had no consequences and were at times commandments from God Himself, so I'd say nothing.

I am truly stunned at how simple and perverted your argument is.
You have no comprehension of the bible at all.

Does it bother you that it is easy to point such nastiness out of your sacred tome?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Mary and God never had relations in the physical sense.

BS! It was physical enough for her get pregnant!

Mary and Joseph were living in sin as adulterers. Mary was already (willfully) committed to God, had relations and bore his child. Adultery is no greater a sin that gay sex. Joseph and Mary were no better than any other sexually immoral people, that Christians may perceive.

Just like the Catholic Nuns are already married to Jesus, ALL OF THEM, so again, there goes your one man and one woman detail.
edit on 23-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Did "God" rape the Virgin Mary?

It was an immaculate conception

Was it? Or did she get knocked up by one of the many men who paid her for sex? I hear contraception wasn't too good back then.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No it is. I have had to think about it every step of the way.

And, if you come across something in your book that violates your sense of decency? Do you go with your "gut" or do you find rationale for it in your scripture?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

More like it's boring how often people stretch their imaginations to come up with as much nastiness as they can wring out of the Bible as if they think they are revealing things we are unaware of.

Oh, look ... you revealing a passage I was totally aware of ... *yawn* You know why I am aware of it? Because you think, just like the last anti-theist who "revealed" this "shocking" evidence, that you are waking me up to stuff I've never seen before. Do you know how long this stuff has been knocking around? Ever since there was an OT.

edit on 23-4-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join