It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Aykroyd tells HuffPost Show hosts he has seen four UFOs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

If you can prove Jim is lying...Prove it

I don't always agree with Jim.

It's just rude to call him a liar.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Sorry, pal, but I didn't call him a liar.

In fact, it was Oberg who asked if we thought Dan Ackroyd was lying.

I said "NO".

But if someone were to ask me if I thought Jim Oberg spoke as honestly about aliens as Dan Ackroyd? Well, I don't know, no one asked me.

I would say that Dan Ackroyd discusses UFOs in a completely honest way.

I did, however, point out Jim Oberg's deep involvement with an organization accused of all sorts of nefarious untruths. That casts a huge shadow, and raises serious doubts.

You're welcome to take issue with that, if you like, but don't put words in my mouth.

edit on 24-4-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

Here's a bet -- stakes are 7 days of self-exile from ATS -- you find my words saying what you claim I said, I lose. You can't find them, you lose. The game is on.

PS -- Who is "Ackroyd"? Is that a misspelling of some other person?
edit on 24-4-2015 by JimOberg because: add

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: Scdfa

Here's a bet -- stakes are 7 days of self-exile from ATS -- you find my words saying what you claim I said, I lose. You can't find them, you lose. The game is on.

PS -- Who is "Ackroyd"? Is that a misspelling of some other person?

Yes, I misspelled Dan Aykroyd. I doubt he would care, as I was speaking in his defense.

The UFO situation, and alien abductions, are not a game. I want you to take this opportunity to defend the honesty and truthfulness of your organization, CSICOP.

Specifically, address the charges of Marcello Truzzi, one of CSICOP's co-founders, who left the organization after only a short time, arguing that many of those involved “tend to block honest inquiry, in my opinion. Most of them are not agnostic toward claims of the paranormal; they are out to knock them. [...] When an experiment of the paranormal meets their requirements, then they move the goal posts.”

Also address the charges of Dennis Rawlins, a founding member of CSICOP who resigned, claiming that other CSICOP researchers had used incorrect statistics, faulty science, and outright falsification in an attempt to debunk Claims.

This is a wonderful opportunity for you to dispel these accusations. I know it's not as much fun as when you drag heroic astronauts like Gordon Cooper through the mud when he can no longer defend himself, but give it a shot.

Here's the deal:

Prove to me your organization is innocent of these charges, and I will leave ATS for a month. Fail to do so, and you leave ATS for a month.

The game is on.

You have a lot of people hoping you will win.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I've been a fan of Dan's since the original SaturdayNight days.He also had a show Psi Factor:Chronicles of the Supernatural,I believe.As other posters have noted,he's a very intelligent man and writer.And obviously,would be quite happy at ATS I'd guess.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Watch your own unfounded accusations, please. There is no hate in my heart, just a deep love of the truth.

I sense only a deep love of yourself.

If you have any evidence that CSICOP has not been accused of these underhanded practices by its own founding members , please present it.

I could give a rats butt about CSICOP. Honestly, your CSICOP obsession is weird.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

but if they start any of those techniques or use words like "fantasy" or "delusion" call them out on it, they have no right to do so as it is against the T&C's of ATS, being rude, and they could be a disinformation agent.

Interesting. What I see more of is the word "delusional" used as a straw man argument. like "I guess they are all delusional morons" or something to that effect. Its a word used so incorrectly that it drives me insane since I used to work in mental health facilities with people that were actually delusional. But you are right, it has little use in the forum. They probably aren't disinformation agents though, just ignorant.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Aykroyd is a marvelous entertainer and an imaginative, intelligent man. But one has to ask, do we have any calibration on the accuracy of his recollections of UFO experiences?? Yes, we do, thanks to the space activity associated with one such story

Here's one of his stories:

www.jamesoberg.com...

The event he's referring to has enough details to connect it with a well documented event:

www.csicop.org...

In all the other documentation of that astounding wide-area experience, there's no other report of anyone receiving a telepathic invitation to come outside. Public announcements converged quickly on a fuel dump from a Japanese rocket, the actual explanation. And the event was 1t 10 PM local, not 3 AM. Oh, well... good story, anyway.

Are the details in Aykroyd's telepathic night summons story similar enough to the spectacular 1986 sky spiral to establish they are based on the same event? And is the suggested prosaic solution, a sunlit fuel cloud from a slowly spinning rocket stage, plausible? Discussion, please.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Football-sized field UFO reported over Mississippi:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
U.S Defense Department finally admitting the truth about UFOs:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
@ Terminal1. I heard the same thing about Dan Aykroyd buying the O'Hare/UFO photos on C2C from some UFO researcher. I think the reason that he hasn't release the photos is that the evidence might be of poor quality. On the C2C website, I saw a photo of a UFO taken at the O'Hare Airport last year released by an unknown source(Aykroyd, maybe?). It looked kind of hazy, photoshopish.

I like Dan, good ol' Canadian boy from Kingston, Ontario. I saw him talk about the "Men In Black" phenomena in that same Netflix documentary. Aykroyd believes in that subject as I do. But his encounter with MIBs sounded weird. Aykroyd stated he was talking about a project with a producer while walking down Hollywood blvd when he spotted a black vehicle slowly drive by him just when he was talking about the project. Aykroyd keeps track of the vehicle , he then gets a call from Britney Spears confirming an appearance for a T.V. special. He stops at a crosswalk to take the call. Aykroyd loses sight of the MIB's vehicle and it disappears from the street, He thinks that the vehicle should've circled back, but didn't. I just thought Aykroyd's story was funny, but odd at the same time.

But, I believe Dan nonetheless.
edit on 25-4-2015 by RossWellOldMexico because: added point to reply.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Jim , thanks for chiming in on this thread. I really do not want to say anymore and risk putting my foot firmly into my mouth but I do appreciate your pragmatism here.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I have family in a place called croxley in the UK which is near a NATO base in Northwood just outside london. Have seen strange craft/objects pretty frequently during visits there, especially on clear nights. Have even got not very good footage of them. As to whether they're aliens or military vehicles I have no idea.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
I have family in a place called croxley in the UK which is near a NATO base in Northwood just outside london. Have seen strange craft/objects pretty frequently during visits there, especially on clear nights. Have even got not very good footage of them. As to whether they're aliens or military vehicles I have no idea.

1) link to footage
2) solidifies the notion that the craft are not extraterrestrial in origin but in fact ours.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Aykroyd is a marvelous entertainer and an imaginative, intelligent man. But one has to ask, do we have any calibration on the accuracy of his recollections of UFO experiences?? Yes, we do, thanks to the space activity associated with one such story

Here's one of his stories:

www.jamesoberg.com...

The event he's referring to has enough details to connect it with a well documented event:

www.csicop.org...

In all the other documentation of that astounding wide-area experience, there's no other report of anyone receiving a telepathic invitation to come outside. Public announcements converged quickly on a fuel dump from a Japanese rocket, the actual explanation. And the event was 1t 10 PM local, not 3 AM. Oh, well... good story, anyway.

Are the details in Aykroyd's telepathic night summons story similar enough to the spectacular 1986 sky spiral to establish they are based on the same event? And is the suggested prosaic solution, a sunlit fuel cloud from a slowly spinning rocket stage, plausible? Discussion, please.

I thought that Dan said 1000's of people were drawn outside in the middle of the night.

That shouldn't be too hard to verify.

Or is my recollection wrong ?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: JUhrman

I don't drink and now i want a bottle of that vodka.

Guy is so likable and a good narrator too, it would have been more fitting tequila in my opinion, more in tune to the origins of the skulls

It's terrible. I wanted to like it, I really did, I just ended up drinking it with a bunch of Red Bull to kill the taste and kept the skull on top of the bar.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat

1) link to footage
2) solidifies the notion that the craft are not extraterrestrial in origin but in fact ours.

No it doesn't. These "ufos" have shown an enormous interest in our military and defensive capabilities since the modern wave of sightings began in the 1940s. Don't forget the incidents they caused at our missile silos.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat

1) link to footage

This is the last clip I recorded, March of this year. The uploaded youtube version is damn near impossible to see on my iphone in comparison to the original clip but if you have a larger screen it might show up. If you look at where the street light is it's to the left and up a bit. There's a light that appears and disappears, changes colours and makes some erratic movements. I observed it for around 20 mins before I lost sight of it.

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Why is naval intelligence always brought up (circa 1965-83). Why would they have anything to do with UFOs.

And why, why there're so many people with UFOs stories, but not evidence we can rely on?

And so many of these people wiht their stories are dead because they got old. I know they believed what they said. They died without knowing for sure what it all meant. All of us will face the same fate. It hurts to say it, but so will Dan. Dan will die without having a full answer. Me, you and everybody else too. But it's no surprise. Even more prosaic things like science have unfinished business. Einstein never unified the field physics; he died trying. Martin Luther King died trying to make peace. And so on.

I do think everybody is partly right, at least about one thing or another. We all got a piece to the puzzle, but the puzzle is elusive.

Even though I think Ufology has some bits of truth scattered amongst heaps of garbage (no hostility intended), I still prefer to stick to conventional explorations, like the search for extrasolar (and even rogue) planets. It's amazing the rate we're finding them and it's just starting. In 50 years we'll know that much more about the planets in our galaxy. It' staggering. I imagine we could still be searchin for ET in 50 years or more. I hope we got some great (and tantalizing) discoveries ahead to keep it all fun.

But what do I know about fun? Science is fun because it's like learning how to hack hte matrix, not because little green men are everywhere. And people explore for myriad of reasons. Probably instinctive.
edit on 25-4-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join