It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are some of My personal messages not highlighted, and I have not read them yet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hey what's the deal with some of My personal messages that are new and unread by me not highlighted. Are the rumors true that Some mods or owners reading these before I can even see them? No One else gets in there either to read them first. Thanx as this has been going on for a while now and I would like to know the Truth. That is why I am here BTW... Syx.
edit on 23-4-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

If the person that sent you the message goes into their outbox and clicks on the message it will appear that it has been read in your inbox without anyone actually reading it.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thank You for the reply and answer to my question. Syx.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
What Zaph said. Check your messages and see...
It should not be highlighted.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I honestly don't see how that can't be resolved. It's a bug. And surely anyone giving any attention and time to the way the forums run, could look into it.

I certainly would not be happy with such a 'feature' and endeavor to resolve it.

Like the _window bug.

where there is a will, there is a way, and pride in my work comes before meh, just deal with it, attitudes...

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch
I honestly don't see how that can't be resolved. It's a bug. And surely anyone giving any attention and time to the way the forums run, could look into it.

I certainly would not be happy with such a 'feature' and endeavor to resolve it.

Like the _window bug.

where there is a will, there is a way, and pride in my work comes before meh, just deal with it, attitudes...

The PM system is a disaster. And why it's not designed to clearly show you that you have messages, and ideally send an email notification, like other sites, is a damn, damn shame. Messages are often never read, being that often people don't even know that they have them.

I guess that the ATS owners are too close the site to recognise the problems. I see this a lot with companies that I deal with who refuse to acknowledge that their product has faults. "... wood for the trees" and al' that...

edit on 18-9-2015 by Meduzi because:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Meduzi

PM system works great,
dunno what you are comparing it to.

I've always been happy with it, even with an occasional glitch.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Meduzi

Overall here since I joined I haven't had very many probs with the PM system. There is the occasional Glitch that is surely annoying, but We get what we pay for, right? LOL! I mean if I were shelling out a lot for this site, I would expect ALL issues to be resolved ASAP. But since We only give what We can as a Donation, some (Probably MOST) none at all, then "It is What It Is" I guess... So the Pay-To-Play / Problems and Issue's Ratio is fairly well balanced... I.M.O. anyway...

This one makes sense I'd say, so is not really a problem persay, like I had previously thought...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Cool to see that You are using One of Your ArtWorks for Your Avatar!! I Love that one!!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Hey. I know that sound reasonable, but My wife and I just tried to make them go dark, and it didnt work... Just sayin.. Thanx, Syx...

top topics

join