It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

102 year old Woman sees herself Dance For the First Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I find this video fascinating. This woman, who was a 1930's line dancer (and 1940's, for Frank Sinatra and the like), sees herself in the midst of film for the first time. She is memorized by the video; seeing her younger, prime, self. Suspended in her youth, seemingly, with her hopes and dreams. She relives every moment as though they never passed. Every twitch of her arm synchronizes with the music she danced to as a young and beautiful woman.

It is absolutely(if not enviously) beautiful to watch her remember herself as the woman that men would line up out the door to converse with her. That at some point, she was adored and cherished as a jewel.

Fast forward to 2015. She is crippled in a hospital bed, 70 some odd years later at 102 years old. She is shown a video of her younger self; full of energy, youth and beauty. Only to be subjected by the bombardment of how she feels now in regards to her youth. All I can see is a woman that still has euphoria only separated by time.

While I have choice words for the male interviewer(self centered, P.O.S S.O.B....to name a few), her story is none other than admirable. But yet, just another story from an "old timer", unless you care to listen/watch.

Ghost
edit on 23-4-2015 by ghostrager because: none

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The power of music has repeatedly proved to last the test of time. Music is the most popular thing in the world. It's also has the power to heal, enlighten, and bring joy to many lives. In fact, it also brings life itself back into some. I have seen a dementia patient who was nearly permanently catatonic and mute come to life from hearing music. I have seen forgotten smiles from elderly patients from the sounds of music. Some I have seen even start tapping their feet, toes, hands, when no one has seen them move their extremities before.

It's really quite amazing and will continue to be the one thing that will survive the test of time and our humanities.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Music is magical and a very sacred gift from the Great Spirit.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
She was quite a looker that would of given even Rhianna a run for her money back then.

One thing is certain here.

Youth is trapped in an old body, inside her mind shes still 25, still able to strut her stuff.

Its just a damn shame the body grows old.
edit on AM4Thu20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

edit on AM4Thu20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: unb3k4nn7
Hey, I know you're new here. That was a great post. Starred you.

I just wanna say if I ever disagree with you on this forum, reference this post and I will be much more polite.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
So beautiful and talented!

Love that this was posted.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
How wonderful for them to be able to show her these vids. It is so horrible to be trapped in a body that no longer allows us to do the things we used to do. I'm so happy that they were able to bring back beautiful memories of a better time and place in her life.

top topics

join