It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US built a secret replica of Iran's nuclear facilities deep in Tennessee's forest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

The US government built "a secret replica of Iran’s nuclear facilities" deep in the forests of Tennessee to gain an edge in its negotiations with Iran, reports The New York Times.

This "Manhattan Project in reverse" is situated on the grounds of the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. It uses placeholder centrifuges meant to represent Iranian equipment — an assembly that including centrifuges once belonging to Libya's disbanded nuclear program.

Scientists there are dedicating themselves to figuring out technical formulas that could stop Iran from developing a weapon.

It's possible that the Times article is based on administration-authorized leaks of classified information — Ernest Moniz, the Secretary of Energy, is quoted in the article, as are a range of named and anonymous scientists from US government laboratories.

But it's thin on the details of how the replica facilities were used to reach the one-year breakout determination.

Scientists apparently proposed redesigns, centrifuge cascade configurations, limits on types of centrifuges, and other fixes that they believed would keep Iranian breakout at under a year. Eventually, they reached an equation that the Iranians could accept.

The Obama administration has premised its arguments for a nuclear deal with Iran on the claim that for a period of 10 years, limits imposed on the Islamic Republic would make it nearly impossible for the country to build a single nuclear weapon in less than a year without the international community learning about it and formulating a response.

link

What a big waste of tax payer money.

edit on 22-4-2015 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SkipperJohn

Why does this surprise you? That's exactly what the Military does, spend inordinate amounts of money to plan for every conceivable detail. ( just in case)

Not that I approve but that's the way the Military does it.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

LOL - The shining priorities of Backwardsassville...

It's official - the US government is a waste of taxpayers money.

I wonder how many homeless and hungry could be housed & fed, for life, with just half the money used in this waste of resources.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

How did that recent thread go?

Iran is 3-4 years (( scratch )) year later.. and etc etc... why Tennessee? The southern Nevada landscape is constantly bulldozed and made into mock sites.

Oh.. wait ahh I see.. hidden in the lush forest of Tennessee..... out of site.

I don't trust the Obama administration nor do I trust Iran.... Iran is packed with educated scientist.. the problem is we Westerners don't give them credit.. it's almost to late. Russia is lifting some restrictions on missile defenses. Soon Iran will be well guarded.. even better than the IRON DOME.

So Obama wants the take down of Iranian nuclear threat to be his legacy? To do what Israel has been doing for years?
Stay tuned folks!
This is going to get expensive!

BTW: Oak Ridge national laboratory was already there.. so that should help cut cost..

edit on 22-4-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

www.ornl.gov...

en.m.wikipedia.org...
Not that wiki is the best source.. but here..

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Oh.. wait ahh I see.. hidden in the lush forest of Tennessee..... out of site.

It's not the only nuclear trainer in Tennessee, either.

There's a really nice USAP (it might be closed down, now) where they used an old uncommissioned nuclear reactor for nuclear site assault/defense training.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Yep , We Iranians are a threat to US national security . or are we ?

blog.inkerman.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam
Thanks .. I'll dig a bit..

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

blog.inkerman.com...

Thanks I refer to..
Keep Calm And Chive On!
Since the 70's I was told Iran was not a threat...
My uncle even was the doctor treating some folks that claimed to be hostages ....

Look.. if Iran wants energy! Do it! Fine by me...
The Iranian people deserve it..

But if there are other nefarious reasons.. ask japan what the u.s. did.

I don't approve!

Just stay safe!
edit on 23-4-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

blog.inkerman.com...

Thanks I refer to..
Keep Calm And Chive On!
My uncle even was the doctor treating some folks that claimed to be hostages ....

I don't approve!

Just stay safe!
Yeah . we all know what happened to Japan . 1 million people vaporised , even more were born with congenital defects .

We'll try our best to stay safe my dear .

In this world there is no law , its a jungle and UN is truly a joke .

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Well we agree on that.. politics hurts the good in humans!

Just stay safe!
You're here... which means you too think like a real person as well!

Now I wish the rest of the world would jump on board too!

Thankfully there are those here that think...
edit on 23-4-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

That would be for planning an Entebee style raid on Iran

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

LOL - The shining priorities of Backwardsassville...

It's official - the US government is a waste of taxpayers money.

I wonder how many homeless and hungry could be housed & fed, for life, with just half the money used in this waste of resources.

"Will appeal to emotion for stars!"

Anywho, "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime". I'd rather give them enough to survive off of while teaching them some skills that will make them independent, than to just hand them free stuff. Call me crazy but I like investments that produce returns...Wait does that make me a capitalist pig?

On Topic: Iran made a replica of an aircraft carrier to practice against, don't really see the problem here.
edit on 23-4-2015 by IntroduceALittleIrony because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Thanks .. I'll dig a bit..

Here's a hint...they never fueled it. TVA was stuck with it, but had to keep maintaining it. So in a fit of rationality, the AF bought it for SOCOM, who turned it into a really great trainer. I guess even the military can get things right occasionally.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Awesome.

When Iran lies and cheats on their negotiations in another never ending stalling tactic to gain nuclear weapons, plans and preparations will be more than wishful thinking to rid the world of their nuclear program with something other than a blunt instrument.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

blog.inkerman.com...

Thanks I refer to..
Keep Calm And Chive On!

I don't approve!

Just stay safe!
Yeah . we all know what happened to Japan . 1 million people vaporised , even more were born with congenital defects .

We'll try our best to stay safe my dear .

In this world there is no law , its a jungle and UN is truly a joke .

You should be thankful we are planning to rid you of the threat of nuclear annihilation. You can go about your business of being repressed by a brutal religious regime like normal.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I am so pleased to see this on ATS. I have been researching this very topic for over a year. I think this installation is approximately 40 miles away from Oak Ridge. If you google Cumberland Gap Tunnel Conspiracy you'll find my blog a little ways down the results. I have much more information I have not yet posted. I would love some input, it has been a little lonely over here. Thanks for listening. The blog has my name in it.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Wow

Iran better notice, Neocons and Zionists won't rest till there is war

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Ive been to that particular facility but I cannot remember what is called. It was closed at the time and we were fishing/ camping by the nearby lake. Its somewhere near the Tennessee Alabama border IIRC. I never saw them doing anything there I just remember the US government facility signs.

Of course when they are doing any sort of training I`d imagine the immediate area would be off limits to those not taking part in the exercise.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I don't trust the Obama administration nor do I trust Iran.... Iran is packed with educated scientist.. the problem is we Westerners don't give them credit.. it's almost to late. Russia is lifting some restrictions on missile defenses. Soon Iran will be well guarded.. even better than the IRON DOME.

So Obama wants the take down of Iranian nuclear threat to be his legacy? To do what Israel has been doing for years?
Stay tuned folks!
This is going to get expensive!

BTW: Oak Ridge national laboratory was already there.. so that should help cut cost..

www.ornl.gov...

en.m.wikipedia.org...
Not that wiki is the best source.. but here..

I guess you have not heard about the isreali iron beam.
www.inquisitr.com...
I do not believe iran wants a bomb.

I believe they want a least 20+ bombs.
They need at least that many to take out israel or israel will turn iran into glowing green glass.

Iran will not test a nuke till they have the weapons grade uranium to build a number of bombs..

Like the US did back in 1945 they did not test a nuke till they had 2 more ready to go.
edit on 23-4-2015 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Bellefonte

top topics

<<   2 >>

join