It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rise of Authoritarian Rule

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
With the advent of the internet, and more specifically YouTube and cell phone cameras everywhere, we have begun to witness what we have always suspected. The concerted efforts of persons and groups in positions of authority doing things that are not required nor allowed of their positions. Evidence tampering, brutality, and even outright lying to judges and the press.

In the last decade we have witnessed a shift of public perception of these persons. But it has not stopped and quite observable, the increase of this behavior as well as the level of this behavior leading even up to death.

It is my belief that when you begin to corner someone or group with defiance that the persons or groups begin to lash out even more aggressively.

What I am leading up to is the suggestion that we will see the laws being introduced to protect these persons of authority from the public at large that will inhibit the public outcry from being legally effective.

If you notice I have not spelled out any particular group such as the police because I respect the police as a whole and I do know that individual actions are not indicative of the whole and we as a society need them to maintain some form of community decorum and standards as a country.

But I wonder where and when the backlash of an outspoken community will create the retalitory environment to allow what has always existed quietly. Individual authoritarian control protected by law.
edit on 22-4-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
At this point they will never give up the abuse of power until it is taken away from them and unfortunately the ones that give these powers for their own gain as well we will not get any help from the policy makers. The only way they will see what they are doing is wrong is for it to happen to someone they care about at the hands of someone just like them....meaning that it is going to take a cop to abuse another cops family member for them to realize that they are out of control.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Intimidation. That's all it really takes to reverse the trend you've described.

They™ know where we live. It is all too easy to figure out where They™ live. Targeting the 'ground troops' is the wrong approach.

I have a fond memory of sending a picture of children boarding a school bus to a tyrant. I guess he figured he'd made enough money and wasted no time moving far far away with his ill-gotten gains.

Be careful out there.
-Cheers

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley

What I am leading up to is the suggestion that we will see the laws being introduced to protect these persons of authority from the public at large that will inhibit the public outcry from being legally effective.

This has been tried recently in Oklahoma

www.historyuncensored.co.uk...

Oklahoma legislator proposes giving government workers absolute immunity from nearly all crimes

An Oklahoma state lawmaker has proposed legislation that would essentially protect all of the state’s elected politicians from being arrested for a wide range of criminal activity.According to a report by Counter Current News, taking bribes, breaking laws and enacting…

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Wow! What won't they try?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
i.imgur.com...

This kind of stuff happens everyday.

Business as usual for the thin blue line.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley

What I am leading up to is the suggestion that we will see the laws being introduced to protect these persons of authority from the public at large that will inhibit the public outcry from being legally effective..

I see the emergence of a a super class of people, super citizens if you like. These people will be/are the wealth and powerful elite will have have a blanket immunity from all laws accept capital offenses, just so it looks right.

Such people will have automatic right of entry and exit from all countries, All airlines will be required by law to expel other passengers to make room for them if they want it, only be able to be arrested, if they ever were, for capital offenses by no less than a police commander. Good bye DD worries, running over people on crosswalks etc , and so on.

We almost have this situation in a defacto sense but one day another Trans global partnership agreement will be signed which legalise it

They

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

As well as the many other forms of thoughts about what is happening with law ,there is a bigger elephant in the room that can only be understood if you put on a pair of Technocratic eyes to see .Patrick M. Wood is the go to guy to get a in dept look at Technocracy . This is not a new subject but is seldom heard on msm and standard text books ,but is taught and understood in some universities and in the silent halls of the Trilateral Commission . This is all about creating a new type of Government and so we can expect a change from the old to the new until we find ourselves firmly under the new system .

This is a very good podcast by Tragedy and Hope to check out . www.tragedyandhope.com...

You Tube has many clips on the subject as well ,. Patrick M. Wood is the go to guy and touches on many things we see happening around the world and ties them into The UN ,agenda 21 and many other aspects of life . All of their new policies they want to implement will happen as the present system crashes . We are given a meme of climate change and it is tied to co2 .The reason this is done is because there is a absolute correlation between human population and co2 . More people =more co2 . We breathe the stuff out and the plants love it .It does not warm the planet .www.youtube.com...

This is a good YT interview you might like to check out .It is a Christian channel but doesn't get too biblical but has it view from a Christian world view . www.youtube.com... In my opinion there are some parts of the world that are hold outs to this . Think Russia ,China and any of the other countries that might fit into that block as opposed to the western block of nations .

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It's called totalitarianism, not authoritarian.

Totalitarian governments want control over
every aspect of the citizen's life,
down to the smallest detail.

Read the book The Giver (for a short easy read, a children's book),
and/or read the book 1984 (a longer adult book).
Read, don't watch the movies, the movies short change
what totalitarianism really is.

Totalitarian government leaders leave a totally different life
than the citizens they control,

free from the constraints and straight jackets they put on the citizens;
typically rich luxurious lives like kings and queens spending the
peoples money as if it were their personal bank account.
Thought control is an integral part of totalitarianism.

Today's neo-liberal is really totalitarian.
They support thought control and speech control
in order to keep "others from being offended".

They so tightly support thought and speech control
that when it comes to the Climate Change worshipers
the leadership suggests jail time or killing those who disagree with them.
That is not classic liberalism, that is totalitarianism.

When one sets out to destroy the business of people,
hunting for someone to "say the wrong thing",
going from door to door until one finds "incorrect speech"
and goading the people into the "incorrect speech",
then publicizing it to the point where the hapless speaker
receives death threats, that is not liberalism, that is totalitarianism.
(What happened to the Pizza Parlor is the scenario above,
they actually refused no one anything, it was all just hypothetical and speech)

When one uses the government (IRS) to suppress dissent
and deny dissenters the right to speak.

As Obama did with conservative groups by using the IRS.
That is not liberalism, it is totalitarianism.

Enlarging the NSA to the point where facilities
were built to house every American's email and
the routes of all their phone calls.
Add the getting the sheeple conditioned to intrusive and invasive
body searches by the government (TSA) when one committed no crime.

That is totalitarianism.

Controlling the smallest detail of what children may or
may not eat at school, that is totalitarianism.

Suggesting that smart TV's be used to monitor
how long individuals sit on their couches for the government

(see one of my previous threads)
This recommendation was made this past year,
by a government agency to improve the health of the population.
That is totalitarianism.

While I support the OP idea overall, the term is wrong.

edit on 7Thu, 23 Apr 2015 07:11:33 -0500am42304amk234 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
We have to take away their money.
lawsuits I mean.
That is the only way we can get their attention.

We have to penalize them in a way that they cannot block or evade.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It was always going to happen.

It never was not.

The gullible gave in to their greed.

It was never not, not, not going to happen.

new topics

top topics

join