It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Strange UFO Experience

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Right I understand, I was just giving an example of a type of repressed memory. I really am mystified. To think I drove for an hour plus with no recollection is beyond the "driving zombie" thing you encounter on your daily commute. I absolutely hate not knowing.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WHWIV

Right I understand, I was just giving an example of a type of repressed memory. I really am mystified. To think I drove for an hour plus with no recollection is beyond the "driving zombie" thing you encounter on your daily commute. I absolutely hate not knowing.

Dissociative disorder is like that, but again your wife being there kinda rules that out. Amnesia triggered by emotional distress can do the memory loss thing but again your wife hurts that argument as well. What are the odds she would have the same emotional triggers to induce an identical result to yours? I love a good mystery

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WHWIV

Both you and your wife under go hypnosis from different therapists see what you come up with two people can be used as a control you have a powerful compelling story. Like I said two different therapists compare results if they are identical we have a winner.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Both you and your wife under go hypnosis from different therapists see what you come up with two people can be used as a control you have a powerful compelling story. Like I said two different therapists compare results if they are identical we have a winner.

If they both were rendered unconscious by some force (electro magnetism, chemicals, etc) they would have no memories to recover.

It reminds me of my daughter having her appendix removed. She was lucid prior to and shortly after the surgery yet the following day she had no memories of before or any of the time that followed her waking throughout that day. Anesthesia has some weird effects.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
They ought to go and find out. What kinda naturally occurring electromagnetic force or chemicals could have caused this I mean that's pretty far fetched in of its self. You are still asking the question who or what? So they might as well try to recover the memory.:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

originally posted by: TechniXcality

If they both were rendered unconscious by some force (electro magnetism, chemicals, etc) they would have no memories to recover.

It reminds me of my daughter having her appendix removed. She was lucid prior to and shortly after the surgery yet the following day she had no memories of before or any of the time that followed her waking throughout that day. Anesthesia has some weird effects.

Um, it doesn't sound like they were unconscious...they just cannot recollect the rest of the drive to their mom's and didn' recall any information until the next day.

There could be a lot of reasons for this...Adrenaline aka flight or fight, memory wiping, fatigue, etc. etc.

Anyhow, OP, I agree with the above post and suggest you both go to two different hypnotherapists. I wouldn't mention that you were with your spouse, etc. just the bare minimum and see what they get from your subconscious.

If it were me, I'd research different hypnotists and maybe check in with your local MUFON chapter to see if they have anyone they can recommend.

Good luck and thanks for sharing your story!

edit on 22-4-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Good story.
I've had amnesia before. It's strange when that happens and like you I was not inclined to mention the story right away, it just vanished from my mind as if it had no significance. It was not however related to seeing a UFO. It was a traumatic event and I was on a very long drive home the next day and all the way home I was in a daze and when I got home I was looking at my suitcases wondering if I had really gone someplace. I developed severe amnesia then and couldn't place where I had even gone. I think I was in denial at the event being for real. A week later I went to my doctor and told the story. I to,d my sister who said I was nuts, I told my father who believed me. He loves the paranormal. He was the only person who believed me.

As for electromagnetic. I do recall northern lights coming down like beams at this place the event happened, which was in 100 mile house BC. I asked what is that, was told northern lights, they weren't coloured lights, just white beams, like a spotlight, about 4 or 5 of them straight down from the sky, very high into the sky like into space, beyond the sky to the ground sort of hazy. I've never really seen northern lights to know is that how they are. I have the date if there any way to check if the magnetic field was acting up that day. August 10th 1998. I hated that town, I was never so creeped out in all my life. The whole trip was just odd. We stayed at a dumpy motel and in the morning woke up to the door wide open, even though I had locked it. It was in the motel the "event" happened. I'd rather not mention what that is about.

Anyways sorry to get sidetracked, your story has just brought back some memories. Funny I've never thought until now if I can check the magnetosphere on that date. The white hazy beams were odd. Wonder if there was a CME then.
edit on 23-4-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

That's exactly what happend to me when i encountered a UFO whit a couple of friends. ( flying kind of metalic disk )
I almost forgot about it like nothing happend, the next day i asked do you remember that UFO and then the memory came back but not everything.
I heard going to a hypnotist does help recover memory but i need to find a good one first

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The stories you guys are bringing forward are fascinating. I am somewhat relieved we aren't the only ones this has happened to. I am also a bit alarmed. Either way, groups of people having amnesia episodes, no matter the cause, is enough for some serious inquiry. I have read UFO reports before but nothing I can recall had mentioned completely blowing the event off like nothing happened.

I will try to seek out two hypnotherapists at some point. Money is an issue, but I will find a way to make it happen. I really want to know what happened. In the meantime if anyone else has had something similar (missing time/memories, not even recalling the experience or event until later, etc) please feel free to share. So long as you are comfortable doing so.

This one experience has forced me not to judge someone's experiences at face value.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
They were chinese lanterns, the new model of course.

... or there were trained fireflies flying in formation over swamping Gas....

i am just kidding of course

Very good story and thanks for sharing.

My guess is that it was an abduction expiernce, a massive one (all witness were abducted)

All is there.

First you saw a unidentified craft, you start observing and suddenly you find yourself driving away.
There is of course missing time, and it just happens to not remember anything right after,
like "something" programmed you to do so.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: stolisGreece

I have floated that idea around in my head a few times. I just can't chalk it up to anything but being a huge sci-fi nerd though. I am of course open to alien life, even intelligent life. Could they visit here? I don't have that answer; I imagine if they could cross the stars then they would have technology capable of interfering with memory. It may not even be an intentional effect. I would be worried about the long-term side effects of that much electromagnetism, or whatever it was being used.

I really wish I could find some of the others who were present and see if they remember anything else. I will start digging through any sighting reports for the area.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolisGreece
They were chinese lanterns, the new model of course.

... or there were trained fireflies flying in formation over swamping Gas....

i am just kidding of course

Very good story and thanks for sharing.

My guess is that it was an abduction expiernce, a massive one (all witness were abducted)

All is there.

First you saw a unidentified craft, you start observing and suddenly you find yourself driving away.
There is of course missing time, and it just happens to not remember anything right after,
like "something" programmed you to do so.

Let's not make that jump just yet

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

There is one, your wife, strangely enough you have exactly the same "after effect" concerning memory loss.

If it was just some electromagnetic energy that caused that, i dont believe it would have exactly the same results on both of you, maybe your wife should have headache and you experience memory loss or vice versa.

But if it was the result of deliberately erasing yours memory by a superior intelligence on purpose, then the results would be the same exactly in both of you, because that was the purpose after all.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I have more questions you might be able to answer.

Did either of you have any physical trauma, someone moving or manipulating you two while you are unconscious might have left bruises, cuts etc.

Were any electrical devices broken or inoperable after you both became aware that might indicate EMP? (The car working hurts this I know)

Have you or your wife recovered any small portions/flashes of memory of any of the missing time? Usually amnesia cases will recover some recollections over time.

Did your dog show signs that the two if you were actually separated from here for a period of time? Separation anxiety, peeing in the car, chewing up a seat etc?

Have you tried posting an ad in the papers/online to see if anyone else in the group you saw had similar accounts? (Locally of course, I'm aware your OP constitutes this to a degree)

Did you have missed calls on any cellphones? Did you make any calls during this memory loss period?

**Sorry if this comes across as interrogation, not my intention, I just ask a lot of questions**

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: WHWIV
The stories you guys are bringing forward are fascinating. I am somewhat relieved we aren't the only ones this has happened to. I am also a bit alarmed. Either way, groups of people having amnesia episodes, no matter the cause, is enough for some serious inquiry. I have read UFO reports before but nothing I can recall had mentioned completely blowing the event off like nothing happened.

Actually, amnesia is a very common witness detail with close encounters. In fact, almost all of them. The majority of encounters tend to occur when the witness is in bed asleep. The next morning, if they remember anything, it is more easily discounted as a dream. But in cases where the witnesses are awake or on the road, it can't be passed off as a dream. The amnesia is more obvious, because they were wide awake and doing something.

I have heard of many cases where someone was driving from point A to point B and encountered a UFO. The next thing they know, they are many miles ahead of where they were, with no recollection of driving, or miles behind where they last remembered, covering the same stretch again. And in some cases, turned in the opposite direction headed back to point A. Sometimes, the witness(es) remember seeing a craft, but have a "meh, whatever" attitude right after the sighting. Then later when they recall the event, they can't believe they didn't care at the time.

Considering the cases where a car was backtracked to re-drive a distance they already drove, it may be just as possible that your car was deposited in the driveway of your destination.

It's seems to me that:
A. you were witness to something you are not supposed to see or remember, and someone has wiped that stretch of time from your memory.
B. you, and possibly others had a more involved experience that day that's been wiped from your memory.

The fact that you were able to drive without slamming into a tree is baffling. No matter how familiar you are with the route, it still involves use of memory to get there. It's as if you were given something akin to a post hypnotic suggestion to forget everything you witnessed once you arrived at your destination.

If there is a buried memory, hypnosis can uncover that in most cases, if you are willing. But consider long and hard if you really want to uncover it, and if both you and your wife are emotionally prepared to deal with what you might discover. Because once you know, you can't unknow. And this could change everything you thought you knew.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Round 2

Are there any homes near where the incident occurred? Someone might have seen something. I suppose you would need to define "nearby" as it relates to what you saw.

Any businesses near? Some businesses have outside security cams, something might have been captured and viewed by another person.

Did your mother notice anything strange about your states that maybe you have forgotten while you visited? Odd behavior, saying something strange etc.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 321equinox

Very well put

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

You should check out the bbt thread you might be surprised what you find in that thread.
Its about 117 pages long but well worth the read. Its really hard to get links up on my phone, so if anybody else knows what thread im talkin about, can you please put a link up to it, thanks.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Thanks for such a well described sighting, WHWIV.
Sometimes, reenacting an event exactly to the detail, as much as one remembers, may help some people to recall the forgotten. Maybe even your dog will remind you at what point he needed you to let him out. Of course, this may be difficult now since you've probably traveled that route hundreds of times since, but the intention and the purpose may play a role.
I agree that going to a hypnotist or two may be a bad idea. With hypnosis different people often "recall" similar memories because we already have an alien abduction formula implanted in our collective subconscious by the pop culture.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
all along the florida boarder from Gainsville (pretty close to where you saw what you did) all the way along the panhandle through mississippi to Slidel in Louisiana have the exact same sighting. Large cloaked (minus the lights) slow moving triangle.

Could be coming from Eglin AFB. There is also a NASA facility (Stennis) near the pearl river on the boarder of Mississippi and Louisiana where these things could be coming from. A lot of weird stuff goes on in that swamp on that boarder of the UFO kind.

The craft sounds like it was flying very low. You probably were within the crafts magnetic field that it uses to manipulate charged Plasma air around the craft for propulsion. You through inductance from these magnetic fields produced E and B fields in your brain that disrupted your short term memory as a side effect (as in probably not intentional by the craft- although they probably could do it intentionally if wanted) The dog whined cause he could hear the high or low frequency hum coming from the crafts field. The lights were orange/reddish so probably low frequency.

How large do you think this thing was in your estimation?

Sightings like this will become more common in the future is my guess.

BTW it's def ours. I've seen it too.
edit on 23-4-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join