It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100th anniversary of Anzac and I wont be participating.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Greetings this Saturday the 25th is ANZAC day which is Australia's war memorial day this year is the 100th anniversary of the battle of Gallipoli where the Australia New Zealand army corp fought in Turkey.There will be services etc in Turkey and our Prime Minister will be there.

I have been to quite a few dawn services and marches but not this year.A week ago a 'terror plot' was thwarted in Melbourne the plot involved a couple of teenage ISIS wannabes who were going to bring knives to a gunfight with police.Thanks in part to them and the general feel of fear and terror that the Abbot government seems to like to woft on us citizens there will be tactical police in there new world odour gear everywhere this year.For this reason I am not going as I feel this development means the terrorists are winning and that by going to this event dishonours those that fought and died for the right to be free and live without fear.

God only knows what threats this nation has dealt with especially during world war 2 but there were never officer tactical tackleberries everywhere.

Know this people your government cannot protect you from anything all it can do is respond this show of force is a wank and one Im not being a party to.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

The government isn't trying to protect the people, it's trying to protect it's own image from the very people it's claiming to save. The only thing governments are capable of doing to their citizens is harming them, either financially or psychologically.

Every time I hear the word government I always wonder what quantifies it. What quantifies it is always the absurd over-usage of force in otherwise unnecessary places.

No government has ever feared it's people, ever. They may have pretended to for a while, but as we've all read.. "It's lucky for governments and rulers all over the world that people do NOT think".

Shame.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I was reading about the specialized officers with military style weapons guarding various Anzac day events just earlier this morning...i was quite surprised......

This is certainly the guberment posturing and looking like it is being pro active......i am still not convinced there is a genuine threat here in this country....time will tell though.....

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

This why I will have nothing to do with the Anzac, the propaganda will make me spew, especially if comes Abbott.

This comes from a book called Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars, the last few pages. Get and read it.

"The Draft (As military service) Few efforts of human behavior modification are more remarkable or more effective than that of the socio-military institution known as the draft. A primary purpose of a draft or other such institution is to instill, by intimidation, in the young males of a society the uncritical conviction that the government is omnipotent. He is soon taught that a prayer is slow to reverse what a bullet can do in an instant. Thus, a man trained in a religious environment for eighteen years of his life can, by this instrument of the government, be broken down, be purged of his fantasies and delusions in a matter of mere months. Once that conviction is instilled, all else becomes easy to instill.

Even more interesting is the process by which a young man's parents, who purportedly love him, can be induced to send him off to war to his death. Although the scope of this work will not allow this matter to be expanded in full detail, nevertheless, a coarse overview will be possible and can serve to reveal those factors which must be included in some numerical form in a computer analysis of social and war systems. We begin with a tentative definition of the draft.

The draft (selective service, etc.) is an institution of compulsory collective sacrifice and slavery, devised by the middle-aged and elderly for the purpose of pressing the young into doing the public dirty work. It further serves to make the youth as guilty as the elders, thus making criticism of the elders by the youth less likely (Generational Stabilizer). It is marketed and sold to the public under the label of "patriotic = national" service.

Factor I As in every social system approach, stability is achieved only by understanding and accounting for human nature (action/reaction patterns). A failure to do so can be, and usually is, disastrous. As in other human social schemes, one form or another of intimidation (or incentive) is essential to the success of the draft. Physical principles of action and reaction must be applied to both internal and external subsystems. To secure the draft, individual brainwashing/programming and both the family unit and the peer group must be engaged and brought under control.

Factor II - Father The man of the household must be housebroken to ensure that junior will grow up with the right social training and attitudes. The advertising media, etc., are engaged to see to it that father-to-be is pussy-whipped before or by the time he is married. He is taught that he either conforms to the social notch cut out for him or his sex life will be hobbled and his tender companionship will be zero. He is made to see that women demand security more than logical, principled, or honorable behavior. ....Factor 3, 4 etc"

Get it and read it.

edit on 23-4-2015 by Azureblue because: typo

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

The author is pretty much on the money.............our history of war is instilled in us from an early age...in my early years i ended up in an English private boarding school for some 7 years...not my fondest of memories...anyhow...during the morning assembly in the gym there were many names on the big wall...all the kids who got through this school only to die in war........it was supposed to be a proud memorial.....i remember as kid thinking ...WTF..

Death should not be praised and yet it is........what a world

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
take a cup of concrete and harden up mate, by not going you are letting them gain leveridge, or is this a good enough reason to just not brave the cold April morning.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The author is pretty much on the money.............our history of war is instilled in us from an early age...in my early years i ended up in an English private boarding school for some 7 years...not my fondest of memories...anyhow...during the morning assembly in the gym there were many names on the big wall...all the kids who got through this school only to die in war........it was supposed to be a proud memorial.....i remember as kid thinking ...WTF..

Death should not be praised and yet it is........what a world

Human civilization is a glorified death cult, 'survival of the fittest' being its mantra.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

No its not cold here I was named after my grandfathers brother who was kiilled at Pozieres in 1916 and a great friend was Mr Mooney who was on the Burma railroad I certainly respect those that have served and our current soldiers,the problem is with the current situation the US is supporting every protagonist out there and its not clear to me who the good guys or bad guys are any more who the hell are the RAAF are bombing who are we training and what are we trying to achieve and for whom this is another reason Im not going.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

To the gentleman that ran cadets at my school the Australian digger was the highest lifeform in the known universe funny the diggers I know that have been actually shot at weren't loud parade ground types like he was.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

"Death should not be praised and yet it is"........what a world

I agree, but I assume that those who do the praising, or set it in motion, are TPTB who wrote the book. It just goes to show how much they control they exercise over us.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

new world odour

officer tactical tackleberries

Ha good one. I won't be going either. I'm starting to despise Abbott, puppet of the US/British globalists!

new topics

top topics

join