It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens to two entangled quantum particles when one crosses an event horizon?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

its real enough...i wouldn't spend much energy trying to prove that i'm tethered somewhere else...possibly I am.

but if you want to prove it...you'd better be well prepared for what you encounter.

I think you should probably prefer Earthbound Bruce.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
What happens to two entangled quantum particles when one crosses an event horizon of a black hole? Would they remain entangled?

I forgot to mention, under the "conservation" laws, if one particle is destroyed or removed from this alleged "reality" the other particle must be respectively destroyed or removed. Otherwise, the remaining particle would violate conservation of mass, energy and information. My guess would be that once a particle enters a singularity, both particle and antiparticle are annihilated, otherwise, the conservation laws would be violated in an alternate universe as well as this alleged universe.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/22.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

I rather think that attributing context to these particles by giving them names from antiquity and the biblical era, simply to demonstrate a possible interaction, is a needless, and frankly ineffective filter to apply to your thinking.

These particles are not characters from the days of yore, nor do their properties in any way resemble those of the persons you have associated them with, therefore there is no reason to do it. It seems like a seriously unwise thing to do, to take a relatively complicated interaction, and further muddy the clarity of your own communication on the subject, by further abstracting what is an already complex query for no apparent reason.

I mean, I suppose if you do not give a damn whether people can actually link what you are saying with the subject being discussed or not, then carrying on with that manner of communication is all very well, but unless you are trying to be bloody inscrutable, you might want to consider keeping your own personal informational filtering to yourself, and share the refined and finished thoughts you have with the rest of us, without resorting to use of these unhelpful personifications.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I rather think that attributing context to these particles by giving them names from antiquity and the biblical era, simply to demonstrate a possible interaction, is a needless, and frankly ineffective filter to apply to your thinking.

These particles are not characters from the days of yore, nor do their properties in any way resemble those of the persons you have associated them with, therefore there is no reason to do it. It seems like a seriously unwise thing to do, to take a relatively complicated interaction, and further muddy the clarity of your own communication on the subject, by further abstracting what is an already complex query for no apparent reason.

I mean, I suppose if you do not give a damn whether people can actually link what you are saying with the subject being discussed or not, then carrying on with that manner of communication is all very well, but unless you are trying to be bloody inscrutable, you might want to consider keeping your own personal informational filtering to yourself, and share the refined and finished thoughts you have with the rest of us, without resorting to use of these unhelpful personifications.

i think you've purposely decided to miss my point entirely...what I am saying is that whoever wrote the story was thinking and writing about what you are talking about 3,000 years ago.

your manner of explaining things is meaningless in a real world...

for example...how does what you think end the Wars and conflicts plaguing the world?

in what way can people apply your thoughts to building Governments that work?

can you even build us a better internet?

how I apply my understanding of the matter has been more successful than anything you could imagine in all actual fact!

im trying to help you...in the little time you have on this earth. accept my assistance.

I can wait. can you?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Is it possible that these entangled particles have the ability to hyper interact with all particles of different variety? Therefore like a ripple effect or wave across a connected water body the separated particles can transmit between each other waves in a hyper pace via usage of the existing particles around & between them.

Using water for further example:
If say a object was placed near the center of the Atlantic ocean connected or entangled to an object near the East coast of the USA on a beach and they both transmitting waves to each other. The waves are data and though the waves are from the ocean based particle medium and may be of different particle make up then the objects on beach and in sea. They the objects on beach and in sea transmitting data through the ocean waves and the ocean waves both contain particle like movements and motions.
These movements / motions / activities of the ocean waves may be possibly mimicked by the entangled objects to act like the ocean waves temporarily why the data is transmitted between objects as continuous waves or ripples between both or more objects.

In short the area or region of particles between and around the the entangled particles which would be the black hole or event horizon particles to 1 subjectively would act as the transmitter or data medium between the entangled particles separated...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

its real enough...i wouldn't spend much energy trying to prove that i'm tethered somewhere else...possibly I am.

but if you want to prove it...you'd better be well prepared for what you encounter.

I think you should probably prefer Earthbound Bruce.

"It's real enough" does not constitute proof of reality LOL. Especially since "reality" in this case is made up of about 99.9999999999% empty space. And when it comes right down to it, the only reason we even perceive this "place" is because of the data acquisition and control system between our ears.

In a NET sum zero energy construct, can anything really exist?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
a reply to: TrueBrit

moses and ramses are two quantum particles, gravitational singularities to be specific.

one crosses an event horizon, called the Red Sea in the popular story, and he took three women with him (the Standard Model)...what happens to the other; he tries to cross and he is destroyed...

this is quite straight forward. sorry that i've decided to interpret the story as a thought experiment into the type of questions the OP asked.

i started doing it after I saw that the development of quantum mechanics coincided with the destruction of nearly every King and Emperor in WWI.

but maybe your theory is right...that people have to be handy with a firearm...aka Monkey World.

Dude.

That is a mythological story. Why would you even try to make a correlation like that? Nevermind that there are no comparable qualities between "the myth" and entangled particles. Science is no place for metaphors anyways. The language of science is mathematics, not poetry.

Why would the second particle fall into the event horizon?????? In this hypothetical they are 1000s of lightyears apart!! And it's not like they follow eachother!!! What are you even talking about???

Do you even physics??

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

what you are saying then is that the Pharaoh of Egypt is mythological and can't be considered a quantum particle when applying quantum mechanics to human societies and that its impossible to understand the behavior of quantum particles through stories pertaining to human beings which may or may not have existed?

i'm sorry that you have a social agenda which makes it impossible for you to find value in all of the creations of humanity. i haven't bound my mind in such a manner.

apply these concepts in anyway you like...i've made my choice. perhaps you can apply it in a manner which you consider appropriate and accomplish nothing at all.

if i strictly follow the story, the second particle never crossed the event horizon and just became untangled and went back to its palace with its tail between his legs, but everyone under its command was destroyed...a graveyard in the seas of sorts.

face it...you're like a person that owns a cookbook and knows every recipe and how to prepare every dish but has never actually cooked any food.

i read the cook book and prepare many dishes for all kinds of tastes. they are just a bit to complex for your palate.

and as far as Stephen Hawking...he probably concluded the non-existence of blackholes as some sort of secret communication to lend his support to the fact that your efforts in this war won't end as planned and nothing that has happened is going to disappear and we'll own all of our actions.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

I clicked on this thread hoping for an intelligent disucssion about a rather interesting theoretical situation and instead it ends up filled with psuedo-religious nonsense, so I had to go and find a probable answer myself.

This article has a pretty good explantion and links to even more detailed resources on this topic.

But, for all intents and purposes, if you have an entangled pair of particles and you drop one into a black hole, you’ll be left with one particle that is still technically entangled to the other, but it doesn’t matter. It’ll behave like any other particle.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

my theory has applications.

like locating the position of Israel or i suppose any other state that I might decide to target.

i could also determine the position of the roman emperor and target him/her if I decided that it was necessary.

time will tell who's technique is of greater value.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

What happens to two entangled quantum particles when one crosses an event horizon of a black hole? Would they remain entangled?

Good question! If so, possibly a way to "scope" past the event horizon.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Your ramblings do not belong in a thread about theoretical physics. Target whomever you want.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
My impression of the situation is that when one uses words like strange, funny or spooky for the record, one is expressing a position, as if this a unique condition.

And of course the problem is actually that this phenomenon is not.

In and of itself, it seems "weird" to imply that Bells Theorem is "weird" .

Any thoughts?

edit on 23-4-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
With respect to the OP I feel that there is a state of matter, related to our structure? That is also an aspect of the large scale structure of the Universe.

I bet that sounds weird, funny, strange, or spooky

Any thoughts?
edit on 23-4-2015 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Sir,

For all that I respect your right to say whatever you wish, you cannot, by merely attaching some imagined value to your statements, create a situation where your utterances represent anything else than another person talking out of their backsides.

This threads initiating concept has NOTHING to do with world history, the geopolitical status of the Roman Empire in any given year, or any other such bloody thing. It is a question which as I said before, has complicated enough implications, without people essentially crapping all over the subject with total bunk. Have some respect to the OP for crying out loud! It was a bloody good question, and it deserves answers which do not require a willingness on the part of the reader to abandon all good sense, logic and reason, in order to assimilate.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
something that enters the black hole isn't necessarily destroyed immediately. in fact particles can bounce around near the event horizon for an indefinable amount of time. plus depending on the model of black hole it could in some cases totally avoid the singularity inside or in some models the big massive thingie ( < scientific term of the art ) at the center.
edit on 23-4-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
One way of understanding the situation is that a particle entering a black hole never actually reaches infinity. Instead it achieves a state so close to infinite that in relation to the existence of the finite but boundless universe? The fate of the particle is intertwined with the fate of the Universe in relation to its finite but boundless existence.

In consideration Time Dilation is inherently applicable.

Any thoughts?

edit on 23-4-2015 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
so basically what you are saying is that you can't apply physics to ... let's say basketball or space travel or human society?

i've decided to apply the topic in any way I see appropriate. please don't reply to my ramblings again.

get used to not deciding how things are used in this world...its your future.

as far as I can tell...I provided an answer to the question, have you?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

the question said what happens to the other particle?

so what happens? stay focused.

i gave my answer and in a manner I consider appropriate i cited a story to support the answer.

whether you like it or not is off topic. because we can critique one another's understanding and not be considered to be off topic:

your understanding of physics is the equivalent to masturbation....its kind of like physics, but you will never accomplish anything.

edit on 23-4-2015 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2015 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Implying the while one particle becomes a part of the large scale structure of the Universe the other still is also in that state, from a funny, strange, spooky, weird sort of way.

Any thoughts?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join