It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Maps joins hunt for Loch Ness Monster in YouTube short

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
That's pretty cool, source: original article

Google has employed its Street View technology to help people search Scotland's Loch Ness for the Loch Ness Monster, the mythical beast that has never been convincingly sighted, yet which people are still convinced exists.
The search giant has created a video called ‘Explore Loch Ness in Google Maps’ and posted it on YouTube.

The 150-second film features a voiceover by Adrian Shine, researcher and designer of the Loch Ness Exhibition, who says, "Loch Ness is a lost world but it is accessible through technology. And what should be here? Of course, we all know the answer to that."

The film uses mysterious music and suitably moody shots of the loch, playing heavily – and not without the odd tongue-in-cheek, knowing nod – on the mythology that characterises the Scottish location.

"It’s the sort of place that if there weren’t any dragons, there really ought to be," Shine says.

"Hello Loch News. Hello World," says the film endline, while viewers are encouraged to visit Google Maps to help in the hunt for the beast.

Perhaps Google Maps could next turn its attention to the heavens in the even-more-futile hunt for a supreme being.

i don't think people will find anything, but if they do, we should know.
edit on 22-4-2015 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

Every floating log will be fresh evidence for deep lake monsters. Just like the other lake beasties periodically photographed.

They're logs...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Google Maps helps Scotland gain more gullible tourists, more like. Not that that's a bad thing. Boost for the economy and all. But seriously, there's no dinosaurs swimming around in Loch Ness... lol.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SensiblyReckless

Aye....

And it's all the more business for The Butchers of Raigmore...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22 4 2015 by Kester because: upper case

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Every floating log will be fresh evidence for deep lake monsters. Just like the other lake beasties periodically photographed.

They're logs...

Yeah but it's still nice to have an imagination.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

They're logs...

Every history has a bit of truth...Monster logs maybe?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frocharocha

The Loch Ness Monster is a giant beaver?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Well there was an ATS'er (in another thread) that was chased by a giant beaver so i guess anything is possible

edit on 22-4-2015 by blackmetalmist because: ..

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist
a reply to: Blue Shift

Well there was an ATS'er (in another thread) that was chased by a giant beaver so i guess anything is possible

I've had a few encounters with giant beavers. I suggest avoiding at all costs but the unfortunate reality is that by the time you know you're dealing with a giant beaver, it's usually too late.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

They're logs...

Maybe…

maybe sculpture…

image 1

maybe escaped circus elephants…

image 2

ETA: if something turns up though, bring it so we can see. I grew up with Nessie lore…

edit on 22-4-2015 by intrptr because: ETA:

edit on 22-4-2015 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

They're logs...

Maybe…

maybe sculpture…

image 1

image 2

ETA: if something turns up though, bring it so we can see. I grew up with Nessie lore…

My bet is that the monster is just a shark who entered the lake trought River Ness. The residents don't describe the monster with necks, but with dorsall fins.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Since the topic has now shifted to BEAVERS. I just want you my dear Brothers and Sisters to know that the other day I ended up eating whole f@#$&**BEAVER... It was too late, Brother. All of a sudden the BEAVER was right on top of my face. There was nothing I could do. It was a very HAIRY situation.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

They're logs...

Maybe…

maybe sculpture…

image 1

image 2

My bet is that the monster is just a shark who entered the lake trought River Ness. The residents don't describe the monster with necks, but with dorsal fins.

A known species maybe, like a group of seals, whales or dolphins? The farther back in history we go the less people understood about wildlife, especially sea mammals.

A group of seals or dolphins swimming along would appear to have many humps, wouldn't they?

Dunno…

top topics

join