It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misunderstood Sleep Paralysis And Astral Projection

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
a reply to: Woodcarver

Assuming you are capable of getting all the way through it, I look forward to watching you squirm your way out from under the evidence that his experiments on Harribance produces.

👣

Harribance is even easier. They never give any descriptions of his readings throughout the entire video. There is nothing to go on. Just that persinger keeps saying that he knows intimate details. But what details? He never says. Which tells me that you are going on nothing except for confirmation bias. Classic case. Pow.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

So, between 9:57, when you said 'im watching it now' and 10:11 when you draw your uninformed opinion, you somehow managed to watch a 60 minute vid. Amazing. You must live in a time warp.

Skeptics are so pathetic.

👣

edit on 679Wednesday000000America/ChicagoApr000000WednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

He is interesting no doubt, but I wonder where the control group is in all of this. What percentage did he get right versus them? How specific where the details? Was he asked specific questions related to the subject or left to his own devices to relay "memories"? Did they bother trying to provide alternative theories and test the results against that as is standard? I see more speculations based off flawed methodology more than anything.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

So, Captain, it looks like we've gone from 'believers have given none' to 'this is interesting'.

Huh. How about that.

Instruments recorded his psi in action. That is tangible evidence. If you want other kinds of experiments to sink your teeth into, that can be arranged.

Here is a vid by Simon Thorpe, the CNRS Director of Research for the Brain and Cognition Research Center at the University of Toulouse, France.

👣

edit on 688Wednesday000000America/ChicagoApr000000WednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Michael Persinger is famous for his convoluted lectures. He mixes just enough scientific language in with his fantasy to get people to buy his books. This no different than the "what the bleep do we know anyways" videos. Or "spirit science". It is all bologna. Listen to his actual claims and count how many times they use words like Possibility, potentially, infer, or just flat out say that their claims go against established theories. Separate his opinions from the things he actually goes on to explain.

The last bit of the vid he goes on to calculate the energy it takes to run your brain until you die. It comes up to about 1 joule. If we accept this then it shows that we could put the entire amount of power/knowledge from every human ever onto the magnetic field of the Earth. But just because it would fit, doesn't mean it's there. He never goes on to prove that it's there. He just says it would fit. But i bet a lot of stuff would fit there and he is just supposing/assuming that some collective conscience IS there because he is romantic with the notion instead of having solid proof of it actually being the case.

You have to think deeper than that if you want to avoid all of the land mines that are the horrible claims of the pseudo scientist. Learn to do actual science and stop spreading ignorant unfounded claims.

sa reply to: BlueMule

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

So, between 9:57, when you said 'im watching it now' and 10:11 when you draw your uninformed opinion, you somehow managed to watch a 60 minute vid. Amazing. You must live in a time warp.

Skeptics are so pathetic.

👣

I have watched this vid more than once before. But i watched it again paused at relevant places and commented as i watched. Like i said before michael persinger is a famous "pseudo scientist". He has been on the book circuit for many years with his "theories"

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

So, Captain, it looks like we've gone from 'believers have given none' to 'this is interesting'.

Huh. How about that.

Instruments recorded his psi in action. That is tangible evidence. If you want other kinds of experiments to sink your teeth into, that can be arranged.

Here is a vid by Simon Thorpe, the CNRS Director of Research for the Brain and Cognition Research Center at the University of Toulouse, France.

👣

I find Reptilian overlords under the airport in Denver interesting in the same way. And I don't believe his "evidence" for the reasons I posted above. No conversion here Champ, keep tossing stuff out though. Something might stick to that slippery slope of proof eventually.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Huh. How about that.

👣

They did not record his "psi" in action. They read his brain waves while he thought about his answers. They never saw anything "psi" in those readings. They did say that a certain part of his brain has been abnormal from birth but never go on to say how or why it's relevant. Both of these guys are not extremely accurate about their readings anyways, so nothing is special about it.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Wow. Pseudo-skeptics are as incapable of treating tangible evidence fairly as religious fundamentalists are. Two sides of the same pathetic coin.

👣

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You're as blind as a bat.

👣

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Wow. Pseudo-skeptics are as incapable of treating tangible evidence fairly as religious fundamentalists are. Two sides of the same pathetic coin.

👣

So with no control, we have drawn correlations and results that aren't specifically noted. I can do this too...here we go

Mule...

I'm picking up a memory of you riding a bike, its not very big, yes your a child. You fall over, your scared but you get back on it. I'm picking up that its sunny. I'm also remembering that your wearing shorts.

(Shows increased brain function because... I'm using my brain ATM obviously)

CONFIRMED!!!!!

I have provided exactly what he has and no need to use a control, or explain, or research another possibility because.....f*ck it

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You're as blind as a bat.

👣

Maybe bats have ESP.
He can promote that theory next.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Blue mule. Do you claim any psychic abilities?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Persinger used to microwave cats in his navy funded lab.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Persinger used to microwave cats in his navy funded lab.

Like in heating up a hot pocket?? Surely you mean something more scientific like low intensity focused microwaves on certain areas of the brain. I literally laughed out loud when I read that post.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
He was paid by the navy to experiment on living animals, including humans on the effects of different electromagnetic frequencies being applied to the body and the brain in different capacities. His studies are commonly attributed to the group of work associated with the mkultra mind control projects. (Which were real and clinton openly apologized to the nation for. )

Which makes it very difficult to remove the fantasy from the facts.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Denying ignorance means proving your claims when asked too.

I'm with you..... Now, if you wouldn't mind, prove there is no astral plane. I know for fact that there is one because I've been there a couple times now. I can't prove it, but then again I can't prove that air exists either.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

I'm with you..... Now, if you wouldn't mind, prove there is no astral plane. I know for fact that there is one because I've been there a couple times now. I can't prove it, but then again I can't prove that air exists either.

You want him to prove a negative?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Except that there is no such thing as the astral plane and sleep paralysis is just a mis function of two chemical neuro transmitters.
m.livescience.com...

And the astral plane? Come on...... You can actually earn $1,000,000 if you can prove it exists and your not just using your imagination to pretend.

Please save the fiction for creepy pasta.

a reply to: TheJourney

As someone whom has experienced it on many occasion's along with both waking and sleeping paranormal activity I can tell you that you are totally wrong, some sleep paralysis can be caused by the brain as a mechanism that is intended to prevent us acting out REM sleep but I have experienced thing's beyond the scope or REM and there are other cases that actually go outside the mathematical probabilitys such as OOBE.

Take the case of a man who had an OOBE during an operation (far from uncommon) and found himself flying through the wall, his mind taking him were he wanted he actually saw an unlikely blue nike trainer on top of a cabinet several floors up near a window but not visible from the ground, later for some reason he was so adamant about what he had experienced and his description of the operation so precise that the surgeon went up and found the nike trainer.

In other cases stickers with messages were stuck on top of operating theatre light's, asking the OOBE entity to remember them if they saw them and the message they had as part of a study which returned higher than statistically probable result's.

The US Military and the CIA, the KGB as well and several other's have conducted extensive studied into the Paranormal and its' applications toward espionage and intelligence gathering.

The movie the men who stare at Goat's was intentionally funny but loosely based on real program's by the US military.

The Stargate Program used Remote Viewing operative's, often in sensory deprivation tank's to remote View areas' of interest, one man in particular Major Ed Dames is a good example
www.learnrv.com...

Now Both the Russians and the US found some individual's with a far higher cognitive ability in these facultys and both poured research into them so you can bet some poor sod's got there brains disected to see if the scientists could figure out what made them special when in fact the faculty is probably more like an ill fitting shoe, the body or brain leaves part's of the soul free.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Except that there is no such thing as the astral plane and sleep paralysis is just a mis function of two chemical neuro transmitters.
m.livescience.com...

And the astral plane? Come on...... You can actually earn $1,000,000 if you can prove it exists and your not just using your imagination to pretend.

Please save the fiction for creepy pasta.

a reply to: TheJourney

As someone whom has experienced it on many occasion's along with both waking and sleeping paranormal activity I can tell you that you are totally wrong, some sleep paralysis can be caused by the brain as a mechanism that is intended to prevent us acting out REM sleep but I have experienced thing's beyond the scope or REM and there are other cases that actually go outside the mathematical probabilitys such as OOBE.

Take the case of a man who had an OOBE during an operation (far from uncommon) and found himself flying through the wall, his mind taking him were he wanted he actually saw an unlikely blue nike trainer on top of a cabinet several floors up near a window but not visible from the ground, later for some reason he was so adamant about what he had experienced and his description of the operation so precise that the surgeon went up and found the nike trainer.

In other cases stickers with messages were stuck on top of operating theatre light's, asking the OOBE entity to remember them if they saw them and the message they had as part of a study which returned higher than statistically probable result's.

The US Military and the CIA, the KGB as well and several other's have conducted extensive studied into the Paranormal and its' applications toward espionage and intelligence gathering.

The movie the men who stare at Goat's was intentionally funny but loosely based on real program's by the US military.

The Stargate Program used Remote Viewing operative's, often in sensory deprivation tank's to remote View areas' of interest, one man in particular Major Ed Dames is a good example
www.learnrv.com...

Now Both the Russians and the US found some individual's with a far higher cognitive ability in these facultys and both poured research into them so you can bet some poor sod's got there brains disected to see if the scientists could figure out what made them special when in fact the faculty is probably more like an ill fitting shoe, the body or brain leaves part's of the soul free.

At what point did you lose your deductive reasoning skills?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join