It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misunderstood Sleep Paralysis And Astral Projection

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor
a reply to: Woodcarver

Please do prove you love your family. That would be an amazing accomplishment as no one to date has been able to prove this scientifically.
You have this whole premise wrong.

I can prove that i love my family by showing you the actions that i take to ensure their happiness and well being. This can be even be quantified, charted on a graph, and compared to others to make a long term, large demographic, data set. Proving that i love my family, relative to other data sets.

Not sure why you think that love and care can't be quantified.

Does taking your own journey mean that you can throw away proper methodology or ignore everyone elses work? I guess it can but you are starting the process over and unless you use the proper methods you are wasting your time.
edit on 22-4-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hey Woodcarver, there is plenty of evidence out there for a skeptic to devour. The concept of an astral plane and the concept of a collective unconscious are virtually synonymous. Learn about one and you learn about the other. All you have to do is a little independent learning. Assuming your skeptic overlord, James Randi, will allow it.

The Earths magnetic field has a lot to do with it. That's what this vid is about. Hopefully Randi will let you watch it.

👣

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
I think I've come across as a d*ck about this and I apologize. I need to clarify my position. I am absolutely happy if you have found a way to overcome the gripping fear of the SP in this way. Those who have never experienced it can only use bad dreams to associate with it and sufferers know that this comparison isn't even close. If what you perceive as astral projection allows you to overcome this fear in that moment, damn awesome. Do I believe your ACTUALLY projecting? No. Our brains do a wonderful job of purging information and resetting each and every night with vivid and fanciful imagery. To attach any kind of "reality" to this is wishful thinking at best. I would love to start looking for houses in the land of chocolate volcanoes and big t*tty mermaids I visited last night but I have no reason to believe I visited a real place.

But again, awesome job figuring out a way to overcome your instances and I plan on trying the suggestion to try and think of something sexual to shift the fear next time it happens.

I appreciate the sentiment. However, you're still misinterpreting, in part anyway. I have only astral projected one time. Perceptions out of sleep paralysis, are essentially hallucinations caused by the mind. And lucid dreaming is another thing yet. And these are both distinct from astral projection. I am more than familiar with the hallucinatory potential of the brain. It can be very interesting to play with. Astral projection, however, is something different, which can only be known through experience.
edit on 22-4-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

If not astral projection, at the very least, it's a form of lucid dreaming. Yes, the sexual kind of lucid dreams are absolutely fantastic

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

If not astral projection, at the very least, it's a form of lucid dreaming. Yes, the sexual kind of lucid dreams are absolutely fantastic

I've had 3 experiences I would qualify as lucid based on what I have read constitutes one. One can never be sure as all of it is anecdotal. All 3 were nature related and were amazing, as if all 5 senses were working in overdrive at the same time and every moment stretched on forever with unbelievable clarity.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I've had 3 experiences I would qualify as lucid based on what I have read constitutes one. One can never be sure as all of it is anecdotal. All 3 were nature related and were amazing, as if all 5 senses were working in overdrive at the same time and every moment stretched on forever with unbelievable clarity.

Those sound like they were good experiences. Lucid dreaming is simply knowing that you are dreaming while you are dreaming.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
Hey Woodcarver, there is plenty of evidence out there for a skeptic to devour. The concept of an astral plane and the concept of a collective unconscious are virtually synonymous. Learn about one and you learn about the other. All you have to do is a little independent learning. Assuming your skeptic overlord, James Randi, will allow it.

The Earths magnetic field has a lot to do with it. That's what this vid is about. Hopefully Randi will let you watch it.

👣

I am very aware of michael persinger. He will be the first person to tell you that his ideas are only speculation and not proven science. All of his evidence is circumstantial or merely the claims of individuals. What he does is sells seats at lecture halls.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I don't wake up paralysed.... it happens in the stage just before you fall asleep. All of a sudden I will be overwhelmed with this really LOUD static noise and my body is paralysed and feels like a vibration is running through my body. I can snap myself out of it by concentrating on moving my legs. It really is quite scary and it feels like if I didn't snap myself out of it, something very strange would happen.

People keep telling me that the noise and the paralysis are the first stages of entering a OBE, but it's too frightening to let it take me. I'll fight it until I wake up properly. The first few times it happened I thought I was dying.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Lucid dreams are a well known and documented phenom. Nothing out of the ordinary.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

I think I've come across as a d*ck about this and I apologize. I need to clarify my position. I am absolutely happy if you have found a way to overcome the gripping fear of the SP in this way. Those who have never experienced it can only use bad dreams to associate with it and sufferers know that this comparison isn't even close. If what you perceive as astral projection allows you to overcome this fear in that moment, damn awesome. Do I believe your ACTUALLY projecting? No. Our brains do a wonderful job of purging information and resetting each and every night with vivid and fanciful imagery. To attach any kind of "reality" to this is wishful thinking at best. I would love to start looking for houses in the land of chocolate volcanoes and big t*tty mermaids I visited last night but I have no reason to believe I visited a real place.

But again, awesome job figuring out a way to overcome your instances and I plan on trying the suggestion to try and think of something sexual to shift the fear next time it happens.

I appreciate the sentiment. However, you're still misinterpreting, in part anyway. I have only astral projected one time. Perceptions out of sleep paralysis, are essentially hallucinations caused by the mind. And lucid dreaming is another thing yet. And these are both distinct from astral projection. I am more than familiar with the hallucinatory potential of the brain. It can be very interesting to play with. Astral projection, however, is something different, which can only be known through experience.

Your stating SP(not real) as being a gateway to Projection(real). I'm stating that both are hallucinatory. You can't say your ACTUALLY projecting when your recollections of the event are from starting out in a self admitted hallucinatory state. Even you have to see the flaw in that and the highly probable chance of your own misinterpretations.
edit on 22-4-2015 by In4ormant because: I can't spell

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SensiblyReckless
I don't wake up paralysed.... it happens in the stage just before you fall asleep. All of a sudden I will be overwhelmed with this really LOUD static noise and my body is paralysed and feels like a vibration is running through my body. I can snap myself out of it by concentrating on moving my legs. It really is quite scary and it feels like if I didn't snap myself out of it, something very strange would happen.

People keep telling me that the noise and the paralysis are the first stages of entering a OBE, but it's too frightening to let it take me. I'll fight it until I wake up properly. The first few times it happened I thought I was dying.
Have you told this to a qualified physician?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Your stating SP(not real) as being a gateway to Projection(real). I'm stating that both are hallucinatory. You can't say your ACTUALLY projecting when your recollections of the event are from starting out in a self admitted hallucinatory state. Even you have to see the flaw in that and the highly probable chance if your own misinterpretations.

Sleep paralysis isn't inherently hallucinatory. I didn't hallucinate in sleep paralysis for a very long time. I would just be laying there, not able to move, until I was able to move. Eventually I learned about hypnagogia, and all these in-between states, and decided to experiment in sleep-paralysis. That is when the bulk of hallucinations in sleep-paralysis began, when I was intentionally creating them. And you don't hallucinate whole scenes like a dream i sleep paralysis. You see, hear, or feel specific things, in the context of your actual environment.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Not sure about that. I suppose it could be SP, but I agree with carver that someone qualified is your best bet

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

You're totally full of crap, as you would know if you bothered watching. I guess it's easier to judge a book by its cover though, eh? Willful ignorance makes it so much easier being a pseudo-skeptic doesn't it.

Shouldn't you be at JREF, suckling off Randis tit?

👣

edit on 595WednesdayuAmerica/ChicagoApruWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I'm sure it is the beginning stages of astral projection...I find it so strange that some find it so terrifying, while others so fascinating...anyways, I think I'm figuring out not everyone feels these energies, so if you feel them you're in a uniquely good position to astral project.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Your stating SP(not real) as being a gateway to Projection(real). I'm stating that both are hallucinatory. You can't say your ACTUALLY projecting when your recollections of the event are from starting out in a self admitted hallucinatory state. Even you have to see the flaw in that and the highly probable chance if your own misinterpretations.

Sleep paralysis isn't inherently hallucinatory. I didn't hallucinate in sleep paralysis for a very long time. I would just be laying there, not able to move, until I was able to move. Eventually I learned about hypnagogia, and all these in-between states, and decided to experiment in sleep-paralysis. That is when hallucinations in sleep-paralysis began, for the most part anyways, when I was intentionally creating them. And you don't hallucinate whole scenes like a dream i sleep paralysis. You see, hear, or feel specific things, in the context of your actual environment.

I understand that. Mine doesn't involve any visuals as mine is purely the auditory type.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

You're totally full of crap, as you would know if you bothered watching. I guess it's easier to judge a book by its cover though, eh? Willful ignorance makes it so much easier being a pseudo-skeptic doesn't it.

Shouldn't you be at JREF, suckling off Randis tit?

👣

Too early for being a level 10 d*ck. Dial it back to 3 for a while. People still drinking their coffee

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Not gonna happen. Randi fanbois really piss me off. 😬

👣

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

I was reading a lucid dreams and astral projection website and people on there are describing experiencing exactly what I have. I'll let it take me one day. It's just getting over your natural instinct to fight it.

I'm very experienced with, erm, let's just say plants
... and I've seen some crazy things... so it shouldn't be too frightening. As I said, it's just getting over that natural instinct to fight it.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Not gonna happen. Randi fanbois really piss me off. 😬

👣

Get you some Cinnamon Life cereal. Put you in a better mood

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join