It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The exorcist movies. 1-5 (& both prequels compared)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
So I saw all the exorcist movies between yesterday and tonight.

I didnt even want to make a review about them until I saw the last one for the first time just now.

So we have the first that we can all agree is probably one of the best if not the best since it set the tone for the franchise.

the second was COMPLETE crap. I mean, it was just boring and laughable. Its not that its dated, though it is, its that its retarded.

The third was actually REALLY good. I dont know why they butchered it and cut so much out, though it still made the grade as a very cool movie with great acting and a decent story.

The fourth and fifth are tricky. Basically they are both prequels. It was a mess from what I gather to make it with directors getting sick, others taking over and then once released, it being redone under yet another terrible director with almost the exact set and actors.

The fourth would technically be the first prequel, Exorcist the beginning. The fifth would be the remake of the prequel and that is Exorcist Dominion.

Now this is the real reason for this thread.

I HATE DOMINION. I almost fell asleep during the movie like 5 times. It was a drawn out BS kitbash of useless scenes and TERRIBLE filming that you can tell was just a moron directors personal project to stroke his ego and try to one up the movie that basically came out before his and that he tried to remake with his twist.

WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP. It was NOT scary or intelligent or even slightly entertaining. I am not even exaggerating that an hour and a half of waiting for things to pick up was served with BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER type demons and horror (The TV show mind you) /consistent bad script writing and a dumb ending. I found myself saying F U to the movie so many times and just skipping over parts of the end since that too was drawn out and RETARDED. I hated the characters they recast. The doctor was just crap /depressing to look at and its worse still since the original doctor in "Beginning" was REALLY good. The priest they recast was also A TERRIBLE ACTOR and completely useless in the film. Someone must have owed a favor or two if they both made it into this film. They need to go back to school.

Its weird too because I liked that exact cast in the first prequel (Beginning)... with those two exceptions that I hated outright which were recast for Dominion, BUT hated the work of that same exact cast in "Dominion". They seemed to have gotten worse at their rehatched roles...which were basically the same. Their roles werent even that different, its like they all just absorbed some of the suck. Its like they knew this was crap.

NOW, "Exorcist The Beginning" was one of my favorite movies of all time. THAT MOVIE WAS SCARY. For me to say that....it was. Hell, it was even slightly inspirational at the end. It had a little bit of everything that you could expect a good movie to have and a well written story. I think that is hands down the second best exorcist movie next to the original. I dont know what the hell happened, but that movie rocked and the one that followed and tried to remake it under the title "Dominion" made me kind of angry at hollywood.

WHO THE HELL HIRES THESE PEOPLE?

So anyways, F U ! DOMINION. I hate your stupid face.

Exorcist the beginning, you kick ass. number 3, you were cool. number 2, go home......

number one, you are number one.

ONE MORE TIME.....Dominion, DIE in hell you piece of crap movie. UGH.

I think number 2(Heretic) was even better than Dominion. GOD, F U MOVIE !!!

This almost should be a rant.....retarded ass movie, I should have NOT watched you last. You ruined it....ruined.

LOOK AT THIS GOOFY LOOKING TWAT

This is the scary demon.....?!
I want to punch him and shove him up the directors ass.

For a more normal review of both prequels look here:
www.freddyinspace.com...

edit on 4 22 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I agree the third was very good and had some moments of shear terror in....(The statue made 4 16 year old lads turn it off for a quick cup of tea).

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Really only like 1 and 3. The first was terrifying...and fit the mood of the times quite well. Two was rushed, or at least that's the impression I got. And three definitely had it's moment. Alas, not that big a prequel fan.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

The directors cut for the first movie was great-the spider walk scared the bejebus out of me. As for the rest I didn't care much for them but that 'gritty origin prequel' that was released years ago wasn't too bad.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

The first movie, The Exorcist, was made after a real life case of possession which occurred in 1949 case involving a young boy.

In the late 1940s, priests of the Catholic Church performed a series of exorcisms on an anonymous boy, documented under the pseudonym "Roland Doe" or "Robbie Mannheim". The boy, born circa 1936, was the supposed victim of demonic possession, and the events were recorded by the attending priest, Raymond Bishop. Subsequent supernatural claims surrounding the events went on to inspire the 1971 novel The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty and the 1973 film adaptation.

edit on 23-4-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

top topics

join