It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slavery and the NRA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Many already know this but for the few who do not a little history. One of the reasons for the NRA was to protect the freed slaves. Teach them how to defend themselves from the KKK..

Yep hard to believe for all the haters or uninformed. Truthfully.... I did not know this until a few years ago myself.

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I love the way that video ends.

"That's when Americans will fight back."

Good find Sky. S&F for you, brother.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

And thus the NRA has changed...
edit on 22 4 2015 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Wasn't Reagan a Democrat in '67?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

And now they assist and train people of all colors and religions so what is your point?

All organizations change over time.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: IntroduceALittleIrony

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

He was Republican.

And it was the Black Panthers who protested. But how well did it work out? I mean there are how many street gangs in Los Angeles?

It was to combat the street gang problem.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Reagan was a Democrat, but supported Republican candidates beginning in the mid 1950's. He officially became a Republican in 1962.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IntroduceALittleIrony

According to Wikipedia:

Originally, he was a member of the Democratic Party, but due to the parties' shifting platforms during the 1950s, he switched to the Republican Party in 1962

I thought he was still a Democrat in the 60s too... apparently not!

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Reagan was a Democrat, but supported Republican candidates beginning in the mid 1950's. He officially became a Republican in 1962.

And he was supported in his re-election bid and runs for President by Frank Sinatra who was also a life-long Democrat but felt he got burned by the Kennedy's and shifting party politics.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
We will have a bloody civil war if they try to take our guns. That's not a threat or a pipe dream, that's a promise.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Of course, back in the '50s and even the '60s Democrat was a different thing than it is today. But one could also say the same of the Republicans too.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
We will have a bloody civil war if they try to take our guns. That's not a threat or a pipe dream, that's a promise.

Some Aussies said the same thing and there were even a few in the U.K. if I remember correctly. Most gun owners are law abiding citizens. Past a law to registered (which they basically already have with the background checks) and then a follow-up to turn them in to an approved storage area or to get them out of your home (for the children and the innocent etc etc) and there you go.... How many law abiding citizens will comply ? How many gang bangers will comply or Mexican Cartels working their trade in the USA.

Where I am presently guns are not allowed unless you are rich or a somebody.. Yet the news of someone being shot happens just about every month. All the drug bust usually have how much was confiscated and how many guns were found.. go figure...

new topics

top topics

join